RFC Europe: Small bugs/fixes

sedna17

Emperor
This is a to-do list for small bugs/fixes that people have reported or that clearly need to be done. Feel free to post additional suggestions in this thread and we'll make sure we get to them. Major balancing issues should be discussed in their respective threads.

Sedna's to-do list:
Make colors consistent between settler/war map.
UP of the Venetians is: the power of tade
Dutch Spawn date is incorrect
The autospread of missionaries function isn't working.
When a city is captured, the event log says [City] has been captured by the [noun]. It should be adjective.
Map Making has the artwork/text for Computers
Add preferred civics to civs

Done:
Move Sweden's spawn area north to not include Scania.
Mounted infantry gets the +3 xp bonus from barracks; does not get a +2 for mounted units (despite being counted as a mounted unit for offense/defense purposes vs. spearmen)
Add new unit: Dragoon
Fix Genoa AIWars map
Fix Cordoban/Arab Settler map
Remove -1 unhappy/military from Common Law due to potential human exploit
Change Serfdom to +1 hammer from farm?
Cordoba should have a different audio file for the garden (maybe the aqueduct or jungle sound) instead of the coliseum sound.
Add new building: Tavern
Modify effects of swamp on movement/health?
Make sure you can't "discover" Aluminum, Uranium, etc.
Give wind/watermills and workshops improvements later in the tech tree (or with civics)
Remove forest chop for mines and watermills.
-All units seem to be able to pass through marsh.
-Make sheep luxury
-Tamp down early city growth
Make long/crossbows upgrade to Line Infantry
Fix TXT in "We love the" and on getting Free Peasantry/Merchant Republic tehcs.
Move Open Borders up to MapMaking
Move TechTrading up to Monasticism
Add scout and spy
Berber horse upgrades to Heavy Cavalry
Pikeman upgrades to swiss pikes
Bows doesn't upgrade to guns (same as RFC. Convince me otherwise if you want)
Make Winged Hussar better than the knight it replaces
Increase ship movement (doubled, too fast?)

I will add my part to it. For right now:

-Improve some dynamical memory issues to hopefully speed up the game.
-Rebalance Stability, right now it is as if it doesn't exit, especially the economical part.
-Move the prosecutor AI to XML (as a tag that marks a unit as a prosecutor).
-Code the "war against brothers in faith" effect.
-Dynamical Indy and Barb spawns.

Cattania appears to have been placed on a peak

I will fix that.

EDIT

Catania moved to 57/56

Calaris moved to 49/51

I will add my part to it. For right now:

-Improve some dynamical memory issues to hopefully speed up the game.
-Rebalance Stability, right now it is as if it doesn't exit, especially the economical part.
-Move the prosecutor AI to XML (as a tag that marks a unit as a prosecutor).
-Code the "war against brothers in faith" effect.
-Dynamical Indy and Barb spawns.

-New CityNames map for Moscow and Kievan Rus (which I will do if noone else wants to).
-Enable earlier open borders and technology trading

Techs were assigned, there was a bug, fixed for the next version.

Yes OB and Tech trading is important, sedna17 please :)

A quick report on the new version. A couple of things. Cattania is on a mountain top. Can it move 1 tile west please. (my fault but no mts. on excel map)
Also Toulouse should move 1 tile north-east away from the mts. (again my fault)
And Caen in Corsica should read Ajaccio. Sorry. Aside from that it looks great.

A quick report on the new version. A couple of things. Cattania is on a mountain top. Can it move 1 tile west please. (my fault but no mts. on excel map)
Also Toulouse should move 1 tile north-east away from the mts. (again my fault)
And Caen in Corsica should read Ajaccio. Sorry. Aside from that it looks great.

Let's just take Ajacco off. If Genoa wants to build it, fine - but it was never very large or important, and if it spawns as an independent, we'll be representing it as though it were (and it'll get that way).

I'm not sure if this is included in "Fix Cordoban/Arab settler map", but, when the Cordobans conquer Barcelona, it's renamed to "^Barcino start". It should be Barshiluna (or Barshaluna, Bargiluna, or a few other options).

In order to try to solve both the Italy problem and the disadvantages of the Burgundy start I've been playing about with Worldbuilder and come up with this solution. Don't worry about the Italian cities. They're not supposed to belong to Burgundy.;)

The way I see it, Dijon would flip Lyon and Bale. Genoa would flip Milano, Pisa and maybe Firenze.
While Venice would flip Verona. That would balance those 2 out a bit. What do people think?

@3Miro. Note that Milano has moved. Also be careful that Pisa is on the coast. The excel map differs slightly from the WB save. These are the new coordinates:
Lyon 46/36
Bale 51/34
Milano 53/38
Verona 56/38
Pisa 53/42
Firenze 55/43

The Italian cities are very tightly built. If you're going to have so many cities, you'll need a lot more resources there, too.

Also, I don't think Milan should flip to Genoa. Historically the four major powers of northern Italy were Venice, Genoa, Florence and Milan. Milan and Florence should start independent and have to be conquered. However, Genoa should probably have a city on Corsica that flips to it immediately (called Cardo before the flip, but Bastia thereafter).

I agree that north Italy needs more resources.

I also like the idea of Independent Milan and Florence.

I agree that north Italy needs more resources.

I also like the idea of Independent Milan and Florence.

I agree with both comments. We can leave out Verona and keep Milan where it is now (latest test version). I wasn't pressing for Pisa at all. It's just that others were keen on it. I'm happy to leave it out. Then we'd have a much better spread of cities. Not nearly so crowded. Same with a barb or indy on Corsica. I'd leave that too so it flips to Genoa.

Milan and Florence should probably spawn with Catholicism, then (in 500 AD). Same with Marseilles, actually, which should be called Massilia until conquered by Frankia or Burgundy.

A minor problem needs dealing with here

Edit: When Spain captures these two Pampalonas they become San Sebastien and Vitoria

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    413.6 KB · Views: 375
Fixed for the next version (probably in a week). If you want, you can open the WB file (make a backup copy first), search for Pamplona and delete the line at the y=36 (just the stuff between beginCity and endcity, including).

Just downloaded the latest version (Nov21). Nice terrain changes but noticed some odd things with the indy cities. Can I suggest some changes for next time?

Screenshot 1 - not sure what this is. Wrong coordinates? Caen should be NE of Paris on the coast.

Screenshot 2 - Same again near Barcelona. Tours? Also Bordeaux and Toulouse out of place.
My mistake I think. I've landmarked the correct locations. Also for Pamplona.

Screenshot 3 - Tours should be SW of Paris as I've landmarked.

Burgundy area and Italy look just fine now though, I think.

It was a coordinate issues, some of the coordinates were wrong, taken from the excel with the row number as opposed to the number in the first column. Some were wrong some I guess were fine, but I changed a lot of cities without much research. (Tunisia IIRC was in Denmark for example)

Top Bottom