RFC Europe

Update: I updated the first post, but there will be a rule in place - no spawn-killing. I thought this was obvious, but I want to be clear. There will be a rule of 5 turns of forced peace upon each player's spawn. Any RFC-forced wars at the beginning (I believe England and Vikings probably start at war) are allowed to continue, however, for example, the Vikings (me) will not be allowed to attack England for 5 turns.

Game Update:

Ethiopia has spawned. I retired Persia, last views are as follows:

Civ4ScreenShot0050.JPG

The mighty Persian empire has expanded west, destroying Babylon, settling in the Turkish foothills and threatening Greek-controlled Jerusalem. They have also overrun Delhi in the east, and the remains of the Indian people have vassaled to the Persians for the sake of their lives. The Persians also built Stonhenge (in Parsa) and are currently working on the Pyramids to he north. We will see if they actually finish them, and we will see if the AI can continue to march west...

Civ4ScreenShot0051.JPG

In Japan, not much continues to happen. They are working on a settler to build a third city on the main island. I'll keep control of Japan with Ethiopia until the Mayans spawn...

wow, the persians look pretty strong

Its been a while, so a quick update for everyone. I'm through 140 turns, still playing as Ethiopia and Japan. Maya should spawn soon, and then Vikings after that, which means I'll be playing with myself for a while ;) Except with one civ under the AI rules and another under my own rules...

Not much to report. I'll be retiring Ethiopia next when Maya spawns since they are closest to Europe. I got slowed down by real life recently, but we will get this game started soon enough.

I knew it wouldnt be a problem for Luthor to join us! We won't even have England spawn yet when he is free!

This game looks interesting, annoying that I missed it... Although you aren't putting in Russia or Turkey? They are both rather close in both spawn time and position to the other civs - you couldn't run exciting or realistic WW1 or WW2 re-enactments without either of those civs ;) Russia especially has always had empire and European ambitions (they did have half of it at one point) and the Ottomans sprawled out into Africa. Also Germany may run away with it if they aren't pressured from the east...

In all seriousness I would like to join but I see that you already expanded to include vikings from your original plan and want a 'fast game', so I will not be offended if you do not want anyone else in the game, but would be keen to take one of those civs. I can see this being rather intense and enjoyable with a lot of civs spawning with big armies close together in time relatively even.

This game looks interesting, annoying that I missed it... Although you aren't putting in Russia or Turkey? They are both rather close in both spawn time and position to the other civs - you couldn't run exciting or realistic WW1 or WW2 re-enactments without either of those civs ;) Russia especially has always had empire and European ambitions (they did have half of it at one point) and the Ottomans sprawled out into Africa. Also Germany may run away with it if they aren't pressured from the east...

In all seriousness I would like to join but I see that you already expanded to include vikings from your original plan and want a 'fast game', so I will not be offended if you do not want anyone else in the game, but would be keen to take one of those civs. I can see this being rather intense and enjoyable with a lot of civs spawning with big armies close together in time relatively even.
russia is included, and i´m using it.

Whoops, didn't read closely enough. Sorry academia! :p No idea how I missed that. I thought of the ottomans first and then Russia, and didn't actually check the list again.

Still the ottomans were very important in ww1 and do spawn only a short time after Portugal. I would enjoy taking part in this game I feel, however as I said if you don't want another person slowing the game down, or that they aren't part of your European plan then I understand and won't mind.

Well they have always been the sick man of Europe. ;)

Besides, this would have to be decided when setting up the game as sadly there is no take over AI option for PBEMs, unless Nighthawk in his foresight just set every civ as human controlled.

Haha indeed, they fought hard and better than people anticipated but couldn't quite match the modern might of France and Britain. Tbf all the Israel/Palestine problems, and many other middle east issues stem from ww1 and their involvement too. Well if that is the case then no matter, as it would have been nice but it seems like nighthawk has spent a lot of time creating the game already!

Yeah sorry... I did set up all the AI civs to human BEFORE the European spawns, but everything after Portugal is set to AI spawns. I had to cut it off somewhere. And yes, I was trying to keep it relatively small and faster paced, although by the time Portugal spawns it will in fact still be pretty slow.

The Mayans are the only civ that hasn't spawned yet, I could theoretically give them to you... but that sort of misses the point of the game and it would just slow us down.

Sorry - next time. There will be plenty of games coming!

Ah well nevermind then. I'm still quite green with how to set up pbem games. Thanks for answering anyway and enjoy your game!

No problem... and I'll keep you in mind should we need a replacement, there is a good chance someone will drop and/or disappear before this game is over!

Screenshot update!

Mayans have spawned, so Ethiopia is being retired due to location sort of close to Europe. Didn't have many turns with them, but they have a brand new settler that the AI will send somewhere...

View attachment 380827

Meanwhile, for the sake of an update, here is Japan, on its lonely island. Contact with the Greeks have been made, obviously that galley made it all the way around Africa and to the east. Japan now heading towards building a 4th city:

View attachment 380828

Vikings spawn next, which is me! Exciting times! We are close to officially launching with 2 players...

I will keep Maya alive with Vikings until Spain spawns, then the REAL game begins!

WAit I'm Spain yay! :D

Finally, the first spawn (me!) has arrived! The Vikings begin their life on the Scandinavian peninsula... It will only be a short while longer before our second human, CaterpillarKing of Spain, spawns!

As promised, here is a screenshot - the final view of Japan before I retired them:

View attachment 381180

I was forced to play WAY too many turns with Japan. They were spamming military like you wouldn't believe, and have already settled into Korea. Their tech rate was awful though. I'll be curious to see what the AI does with all those units and the quick early expansion... either Japan is going to be a powerhouse later in the game, or they will collapse in on themselves!

The Maya live on in my hands while I play as the Vikings solo... I will show retirement screenshots of them, Arabia and Khmer in the next day or so, then finally will be able to send CaterpillarKing our first true emailed turn!

Get excited, its almost time! I know I am!!! :crazyeye:

We continue to move along... I plan to get CaterpillarKing his first turn today!

The Arabs spawned but due to their close location to Europe and impact they will have on our human Europeans in this game, they were immediately retired without me doing a thing, so the Arabs will be all AI!

The Khmer have spawned, so I'm going to play a few turns as them since the poor Mayans have had enough of my poor AI-assisted management!

View attachment 381191

The historic city of Chichen Itza was founded along with the Mayan capital of Yax Mutal... let's see if they can survive for long in this game!

Spain is the next spawn and I will provide the final screenshot of Khmer before the world is fully shrowded in mystery for our players.... :cool:

And we are off! Spain's first turn sent along to CaterpillarKing!

I will retire the Khmer and show screenshots once he gets back to me confirming he has played. Good luck everyone, the spawns will happen fast now!

Edit: the Vikings start at war with everyone from what I can tell. The house rule is 5 turns before any attacks, but as far as I'm concerned anything after that is up for grabs. Us Vikings are willing to negotiate peace for the right price...

I have school so I can't do it until I get home, but I will attempt to make it at least daily. On weekends and such it should be more unless I have soccer or debate team.

Huh, I wonder why the Chinese capital is in Shanghai. :confused: If they somehow managed to lose Beijing before the Mongols even spawned they are doomed.

Also I hope the city placement in Europe isn't too bad. :sad:

No problem CaterpillarKing.

And yeah I noticed that too Knoedel... I was wondering too but didnt look into it since my goal was just to get to the spawns.

Europe city placement should be the natural French cities that appear, aren't they always in the same place? If they are still standing it will be those same 3. Actually I know whether they are still standing, but I learned that as the Vikings and thats for me to know and you to find out ;)

Top Bottom