RFC Europe

Hopefully these updates start getting ya'll excited for this game!??
No, for one single reason: it seems like going too fast!!! :scared:

If it wasn't for that tiny bity itsy thing, then yes, it would be motivating! :D

I am already full with my current games, so one more game at this point in time... :suicide:

It's still early Luthor... it will take me much longer to load and play these turns as the civs get bigger... and we still need to find more players, so don't worry, there is no rush.

Luthor, still in? Either way we still need 1, maybe 2 more players... why do I get the feeling I am going to end up getting quickly kicked out of Europe as the Dutch??? :/

Hm? Aren't you the Dutch in TriFC too?

Yes... this will be good practice. I did play one single player game with the Dutch already, but with humans its obviously a lot different.

I would like you to play... but let's see what happens with how fast we get this started. I put you in as a maybe for now. If we have excess players and are ready to start before end of August, maybe I will give you the boot...

An update for those following and interested, at the spawn of Persia:

Egypt

Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG

The AI continues to be obsessed with scouts. Egypt has explored most of Africa and has some decent archer/warrior defenses. Alexandria was founded. AI decisions just created a worker around turn 80 or so. Another settler coming, but this is the turn I retired as Egypt, so we will see where the AI puts it and how they catch up when Persia arrives.

Greece

Civ4ScreenShot0043.JPG

Greece isnt doing quite as bad since they spawn with workers. The extra Phalanx and warrior that headed east were able to use city raider promotions to march through the barb city, south through Sur, burning both, finally ending with the taking of Jerusalem after sacrificing the warrior first. Since Greece is going to hold the Jewish holy city, the advance will stop for now while the AI builds yet another scout....

Also, the galley has made it alllll the way around Africa! And most of Europe is scouted. Work boats are being made, but not much else in Athens.

Persia

Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG

Not much to say here, the start of the Persian empire. Before Knoedel comments, I am leaving all capitals where they were historically to start, no questions asked. Going to settle city #2 on the desert hill north of Parsa, and the Babylonians are in trouble...

Another update, since Carthage spawns so fast...

Greece

Civ4ScreenShot0046.JPG

This is the last we see of Greece. AI managed to get some work boats out before going back to scouts... the settler is almost done. Jerusalem defended by a sole phalanx. I've retired them.

Persia

Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG

Immortal army marching west towards Babylon, who managed to get the copper mine and at least 1 axeman. Chariots heading to India. None of the AI's want to vassal to them yet.

Carthage

Civ4ScreenShot0048.JPG

The start. Founding a city west of Carthage on the banks. Traded Priesthood for Agriculture with Egypt already, and opened borders with Egypt and Greece.

Rome will spawn soon, I'm debating whether to keep control of Persia + Rome or Carthage + Rome. First priority is keeping the 2 civs I control alive, second priority is trying to play as much as like an AI would as possible. I don't want to manually control any Punic Wars, but I also don't want to influence Persia's advance too much. I especially don't want to risk getting killed, although I doubt I would before another spawn. Stopping here until I get some feedback from others...

What about cities? Some of our civs might get an unfair disadvantage because the Romans left them more cities than others. Also please please please raze Lugudunum/Lyons at all costs. I absolutely abhor 1 off the coast cities.

What about cities? Some of our civs might get an unfair disadvantage because the Romans left them more cities than others. Also please please please raze Lugudunum/Lyons at all costs. I absolutely abhor 1 off the coast cities.

What city is that? I havent seen it yet...

I'm trying to play as much like an AI as possible - the point is to let AI randomness make the world happen and then we see what happens when we each spawn.

It is a good point though, playing as civs closer to Europe will generally mean I could have a bigger impact on things. Therefore, I will do my best to stay as far away from civs close to Europe as much as possible. That means I will be retiring Rome to the AI and playing as Persia and Carthage until Japan spawns, then moving to Persia and Japan, then Japan and Maya, etc.

What city is that? I havent seen it yet...

It's one tile north of Marseilles on a grassland hill, spawns automatically in the first century BC as a Celtic city.

Can I join as Spain? I've never actually played as them before.

Looks like I am the Dutch, unless we get another player who can play sooner than Luthor. If anyone else is interested, England and Dutch are both available.

I still need to continue getting the game to the spawn dates, so we have a little bit of time.

Hmmm I'd really want to play this but I'm leaving friday and will only be able to play sporadically till the 22nd. Bad timing I guess...

What the hell? Where did my post go?

Anyhow I don't mind taking Dutch and you France, we wouldn't want it to become too repetitive for you.

Hmmm I'd really want to play this but I'm leaving friday and will only be able to play sporadically till the 22nd. Bad timing I guess...

How often is sporadically? This is a PBEM and considering the turn order is locked by RFC, I don't expect we will get through more than 2 turns per week.

What the hell? Where did my post go?

Anyhow I don't mind taking Dutch and you France, we wouldn't want it to become too repetitive for you.

I don't mind. But its a possibility. I'll think about it, I havent played as France before and wouldn't mind trying.

I can be very specific : in August I'll be able to play on the 7th and 8th, then on the 10th, 11th 12th and 13th, then on the 18th and 19th. And then again from the 22nd onwards.

Top Bottom