RFC:I Progress Thread

kairob

Biohazard
I am going to use this thread to keep an up-to-date record of the mods progress. I am going to try and complete the mod in several 'phases' so I can have betas out quickly at different levels of completeness. My fiancée has coded before but in a different programming language, she is going to learn python to help me with the more difficult coding aspects. As the amount of people working on the project is limited progress will be slow at first so don't expect a lot of progress for a couple of weeks as there are lots of tutorials to read. ;)

Suggestions or discussion about the design for the mod should not be posted here but on the various other threads, however advice, help or suggestions about modding is relevant here.

Phase 1 will attempt a rough transplant of RFC into the modern period and requires the following changes;

New Calender
Map changes (mainly new cities)
Civ spawn dates and locations
Civ flip zones and core areas
Starting techs and units
Settler maps
City name maps
Stability Maps
Civ Changes
Dynamic Names
Changed Leaders

This will probably be a private beta and will take a reasonably long time as the are a lot of time consuming aspect to this. Italics indicate that something has been completed.

Phase 2 will add a lot of coded material after getting acquainted with coding in phase 1, it will consist mainly of scripted events. I will fill in this thread when I reach phase 2.

Phase 3 will make the civs more fleshed out and will be the first to be public beta.

New Tech Tree
Units
Buildings
Wonders
UUs
UBs
UHVs
UPs
Religions
Corporations
multiple leaders per civ

Phase 4; 'the purge'

After phase 3 I will search through all of the coding removing any unused remnants of RFC and try to sort out the code in a logical manner.

Phase 7 will probably add a 1550 start and an 'American Revolution' start (to allow Americans to play without waiting). This might even include a 1950 or 2000 start if I can get a different calender and tech rates from the main game for it.

The main obstacle at the moment is the seemingly overwhelming task of swapping all of the civs, something that I am not sure how to go about and that may take some time.

Very organized. I like it. Also, dynamic names are very early on the list, which is great. Lack of Dynamic names is the thing that really kills my RFC:E experience.

You surely have organized / charismatic (for having 'she' to help this work) traits.

I can haz be Beta person?

Let's wait until he finishes phase 1 at least :).

seems pretty dead to me, Oh well, Magnamundi/Victoria is still fun, if less colorful.

Yes, a very interesting and ambitious project, but it might be dead:sad:

Top Bottom