RFC "Training" SG?

Blessed Sea
Prereq: GALLEY or CARAVEL or GALLEON AND State Religion BUDDHISM or CONFUCIANISM or TAOISM AND Minimum number of Landmasses is 2*default number of players for this map size (12 for standard) AND Maximum number of Landmasses you have cities on is 0.5*default number of players for this map size (3 for standard)
Obsolete: INDUSTRIALISM
Active/Weight: 85/300
Aim:
Have cities on 1.5*default number of players for this map size (10 for standard) landmasses while never switching State Religion
Result:
1.convert 20 own cities to your state religion
2.gain a temple in every city size 5 or more
3.get on great prophet unit

4 observations:
1. Explains the incredibly large numbers that we see with RAND (Rhye must have forgotten to modify them to make them realistic like in RFC)
2. Can't do it unless you're of an Eastern religious bent (om......)
3. If one builds an AP and is of one of the 3 religious, it'll be trememdously productive and happy for that civ...
4. I once got it for Khmer (in my domination game no less) but got to Industrialism before I could do it...should have researched something like Biology first. :{

Mind you, I said we can't declare war, but we can defend ourselves if declared upon, and it should be OK to take vassals who ask for our assistance in fighting tyrants. (Look up pacificism and pacifism)

So really, I think that you are a defensivist :ar15:
rather than a pacificist, :splat:
and certainly not a pacifist.:sheep:

Turn 0 (1802AD)

Check what Wembley does. provides 7 hit FOOTBALL EVENTS :lol:

Turn 2 (1808AD)

Start Graceland in Phanagoria (that Greek Black Sea city).

Start Stocke Exchange in Mekke.

America Declares on Japa, Persia declares on Ameica, Persia declares on Spain, Mali declares on Persia, Japan declares on Mali, Mongolia declares on Mali, Spain declares on Monoglia, America declares on Mongolia.

Oh, all that was because America is now a vassal of Spain. Ookay..... what?

Also, province of New Mexico :lol:

Turn 3 (1811AD)

CONGRESS! CONGRESS! I'd love to visit!

Capture Kilwa. Arabia doesn't want it.

Turn 4 (1814AD)

Taking a look, Khmer cancelled our massive resource deal for coal without me getting any info except a quick small pop in the log...

Give Russia about 200 gold to vote for us.

Turn 5 (1817AD)

Medecine finishes, Start Refrigeration

Vikings want Saint Petersburg (German)- NO. NO wins.

China wants Lhasa (Independent)- capital of Tibet right? IIRC it's that city surrounded by hills and mountains. Vote YES.

I wish I could look where the city I might ask for is... Tureng Tepe (Persian). NO wins. Good.

the Netherlands want Thiruvanathapuram (Independent). He JUST had that city, wtf? Vote YES. YES wins.

Now Russia wants Saint Petersburg (German). Vote NO. YES wins. Oh well.

England wants Wonderstrand (Viking in America). NO. NO wins.

Spain wants Bordeaux (France). YES. NO wins.

Turn 7 (1823AD)

Capture Wau. Arabia wants NONE of our crap African cities

Turn 8 (1826AD)

Turn 9 (1829AD)

I got the spy into Winburg. We coud either build a Pan African railroad for next time or use the Ferry to Winburg service (I found a use for our Galleon.)

Turn 10 (1832AD)

Mao cancels our Stone for GPT deal. Give him Football Events instead.

It's rude to make deals on the IT, so I leave the next player some inside info that there's GPT on the market.

Attachments

• Mehmed II AD-1832 Turn 335.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
Keeping thi out of the main post as it's easy to miss things. Mali will take our African cities if Arabia never will. If they start to affect our stability, we can offload them.

I'd like to do another RFC SG. How do we feel about Ethiopia Space Race, we must settle all of Africa we have to keep Europe out of (I looked in the Atlas).

Or perhaps Australian Space/Domination? We start as someone we can play with high Stability other than expansion and settle in Australia through a worldbuilder move. It'll give less of a hit on our expansion stability as it isn't in another civs core- am I correct?

e: checking the settler maps, the Ethiopia idea wouldn't work stability wise.

I have tried the Ethiopian space race and won, but I had to turn stability off in the mid 1700's due to stability. Same thing for Mali. It's my perennial pet peeve about agricultural and economic biases in stability against these poor African countries.

Well, Britain and Netherlands have some claim to Australia, but if you play as any other civ, settling there will be troublesome due to no bonuses from founding cities there, and the more tiles you occupy outside your homeland, the more expansion instability. Somebody played a Babylonian exile game in Australia before...

We're about to win in 7 turns, but I'll leave the honors to blizzrd.

1832 I noticed we still have a substantial espionage account in Germany. So I built a spy and sent him to steal steel from them.

1. 1835 uneventful
2. 1838 Refrigeration done. I do Mass Media (just to piss the Europeans off)
3. 1841 Spain wants nationalism--no way.
4. 1844 Mongolia wants war with Mali--no way. We steal steel from Germany.
5. 1846 uneventful
6. 1848 National Park built in Gaziatep (if this was a domination game I would have built it in one of our Ethiopian cities, but there's not enough time for that)
Mali wants war with Japan--hah! We steal railroad from the Dutch.
7. 1850 We know Mass Media, and the AP becomes just another church. I start combustion
8. 1852 uneventful
9. 1854 Interesting: the Vikings who are really unstable decided to declare war on us! This draws the Russians, French, English and Aztecs into the war. Of course we're going to crush both of them, but is time on our side?
10. 1856 I capture Frankfurt. (. .. .. .. ., forgot to switch to occupation first since we have Cristo. Oh well).

Let see if blizzrd can conquer all of France before time's up in 1870.:lol:

Turn 0: 1856AD
We are at war with quite a number of countries: Russia, Vikings, France (and Aztec vassal) and England. Russia has quite a stack in Moscow. Lots of other civs already know Artillery, which we do not at this stage. Germany is surrounded by unfriendly nations so I sell them Assembly Line to enable them to upgrade to Infantry.

Some trading: Hit Singles to Russia for 8GPT; upgrade our Football deal to China from 9GPT to 10GPT; upgrade our Football deal to Spain from 12GPT to 17GPT; upgrade and simplify our deals to Japan for an extra 2GPT; sell Japan our map for 60G; demand Gold from Khmer (we had none); trade Marble to Khmer for 5GPT; upgrade and simplify our Inca deal for extra 2GPT; Hit Singles to Dutch for 5GPT; upgrade our deal to Mali for extra 1GPT;

Our spy is in Winburg, but the cost to steal another tech down there is ridiculously high (15K). The new Dutch cities in India are about half that, so I begin to move the Spy towards our galley for a future sailing trip to the sub-continent.

Turn 1: 1858AD
Move troops towards both Paris and St.Petersburg. Steal a Russian worker. Trade Hit Singles to Germany for 4GPT. Gather a bunch of our workers and move towards the oilfield below Ninova. We are nearly due to finish researching Combustion and will need to hook up the oil if we are to build any tanks, which we will need if France is to fall by 1870.

Turn 2: 1860AD
Open Borders with India. Trade Footballs for 3GPT to them. Channel Tunnel finished in Istanbul. America breaks from from Spain. Found Marsin in central Africa with our "spare" settler. Great Engineer spawns in Mecca. Move towards Luksor to finish Hollywood before we run out of time. Kill some Viking units (Artillery and Rifleman) near St.Petersburg. Workers get closer to the oilfield near Ninova.

Turn 3: 1862AD
Combustion learnt. Pick Flight next, but drop the science slider down to 0% and put Espionage up to 80% so that we can steal from the Dutch on our next turn. Spy lands in Dutch city at south of India. Start to spread Judaism out of Sur and Buddhism out of Ninova with some missionaries.

Turn 4: 1864AD
Steal Artillery from Dutch. Hook up oil. Rush Hollywood in Luksor using the Great Engineer. Kill some Viking Cavalry near Gaziantep and then make peace with Vikings for 11GPT and 260G. Espionage back down to 0% and we are now 100% on cash. We will need to rush the United Nations by a turn to squeeze it in before the 1870 deadline.

Turn 5: 1866AD
India collapses (again?). Hollywood finished in Luksor. Capture St.Petersburg but choose not to liberate to Germany for the extra score value it will provide us. Our first Tanks start rolling towards the front lines. Capture Paris. Upgrade all of our obsolete units (crossbows, longbows, galleons, ship-of-the-line, cannons) to modern units.

Turn 6: 1868AD
The venerable Bede informs us that we are the most cultured civ in the world, ahead of China, Japan, Persia, Germany (!), Spain, Vikings and Mongols. Turkish revolt in Al-Kuwait. Rush UN in Hattusas with gold. Put science slider back to 70%.

Turn 7: 1870AD
UN finished in Hattusas. Capture Cherbourg. Capture Bordeaux. Make peace with France for all their cash and their World Map.

Mehmed II Wins An Historical Victory!

The save just before the win is attached below.

Which reminds me...a good trick to hook up oil even before knowing combustion is to build a fort on oil, so that the turn you know combustion, it's ready. Saved me some turns in domination games to start cranking up tanks.

I knew you can do it blizzrd, blitzkrieging across France. Good job. :goodjob:

I actually only had time to build two tanks prior to the last turn) and only one of those went to France while the other started south of Moscow near the Black Sea.

This fort on the oil thing, do you mean that the resource is hooked up if you build a fort first, or that building the well is quicker if a fort is already there?

I haven't heard of this trick before. Do you think, does it constitute an exploit?

No, the fact that you have access to a resource if you build a fort on it means that once you know combustion, you can access the oil. Since you don't need to know combustion to build the fort, it will shave some turns off (i.e. you don't have to wait for the oil rig to come online before having oil). Just like if you want to get a plantation resource but don't want to build a plantation, you just build a fort on it. The AI does it all the time (especially at borders) so I don't consider this an exploit.

The AI only does it outside of the BFC, but it isn't an exploit at all. You could achieve the same affect by having 12 workers stationed on a tile the turn you research combustion.

The AI only does it outside of the BFC, but it isn't an exploit at all. You could achieve the same affect by having 12 workers stationed on a tile the turn you research combustion.

True. But in RFC, I usually build a fort in my Arabian desert and connect it to one of my major cities early on, because I don't want to waste my workers (who could be better used building railroads). If I don't have Arabia, I do it in the Sahara (where the oil tiles are usually very hard to access) or build Denver.

Woot I just made it back in time to see you guys win:)
Yeah another succestion game would be great.
Good Job Guys :goodjob:

easy.......look forward to seeing some hard SG games...

Top Bottom