RFC: Warlords: Minor Civilizations

Region 4: Berbers
Region 5: Celts
Region 7: Cherokee
Region 10: Khmer

If I am honest my last choice would go to get rid of regions 1 and 2 and replace with something on the East Med Coast like Phoenicians or Hebrews as proposed before.

If I had to choose though.

Region 1: Elamites

I'm going more by region than MC.

UPDATE:
Here are the top MCs for now:
Khmer: 8 votes.
Celts: 7 votes.
Elam/Medes: 6 votes.
Mayans: 6 votes.
Nubians: 6 votes.

Berbers: 3 votes.

Pinensula Arabs: 1 vote.
Cherokee: 1 vote.
Korea: 1 vote.

Thanks to everyone who casted his vote :), we now have a clear top 5, with pretty close results. I will wait 'til this evening if anyone else wants to add his vote, and then add my preferences so that hopefully by tomorrow we would have a clear vision of what MCs are gonna be in the top 5.

SadoMacho, you asked about UUs, MCs don't have neither UUS nor UBs.
BTW, hopefully by tomorrow (when we are done calculating), I will start creating the flag decals for the top 5.

Hey don't forget me ;):
1. Elamites/ Medes.
2. Celts.
3. Pinensula Arabs.
4. Mayans.
5. Berbers.

Yeah so some of these don't have any votes yet, so I feel like I'm voting for Nader here.

1. Khmer/Siam
2. Celts
3. Tartars/Huns (North Asia)
4. Berbers (&Arabs / You can combine the two, I am sure)
5. Goths (Europe)

So are we going to try and flavor all of the barbarians or just a portion and leave the others "Barbarian" in the current sense? I'd vote for trying to divide ALL of the barbarians into 4 or 5 MCs: American(Mayas), European(Celts), Africa(Nubians), North Asia(Huns), SE Asia(Khmers).

I know this idea isn't an instant hit, but it is just anouther one to weigh before implementation begins. We could, of course, leave the current Barbarians in cases where a civ collapses. This way even the traditional barbarians are unique, in that they only cover 1 or 2 adjacent civs.

EDIT: Prestidigitator, I think you are doing a marvelous job at facilitating this thread.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I can now declare that the vote on MCs is now closed, thanks to all the members who have kindly taken part :D.

Crayton said:
4. Berbers (&Arabs / You can combine the two, I am sure)
Crayton, what a great idea buddy, I haven't thought about that before, but it would actually work, and they could have the same flag and it would be fitting :).

Which brings us to...

Code:
[B]UPDATE:[/B]
Here are the top MCs for now:
Khmer: [B]9[/B] votes.
Celts: [B]9[/B] votes.
Elam/Medes: [B]8[/B] votes.
Mayans: [B]7[/B] votes.
Berbers/Pinensula Arabs: [B]7[/B] votes.

Nubians: [B]6[/B] votes.
Cherokee: [B]1[/B] vote.
Korea: [B]1[/B] vote.

Those were the votes plus mine, incase you're wondering.
So to conclude that, the Nubians, Cherokee and Korea won't make the cut, and they will have to do with Barabian representation.

Rhye, here were the TOP 5, so you can keep the thread for reference when you want to add the MCs.
1. Khmer.
2. Celts.
3. Elamites.
4. Mayans.
5. Berbers and Pinensula Arabs (joined in one MC).

And no that's not all folks, I will be creating flag decals for the two MCs we don't have flags for (Khmer and Mayans). So please stay around for comments ;).

1) khmer
2) korea
3) maori
4) iroqui
5) creta

Rhye said:
okay, thank you
but i want to make clear that I don't want to be obliged to add exactly these 5 MCs, as I never said that I will add 5 or 0 or 10 MCs.
Feel free Rhye, I will do any flag decal you might request :).

BTW, here are the flags I promised:
The first three are my creation, while the last two (to the right) are Firaxis.
The colours ofcourse won't be the same, but the decal will be. Like I said, if other MCs get chosen, no problem, I will create new flags. If no MCs get chosen, no problem, I'm glad to have had this wonderful debate :).

So what do you guys think of the flags?​

Rhye said:
The 4th one is actually mine ;)
what's the mayan one about?
Whoops, really? I knew that you made some flags for the game, but didn't know that this one was one of them ;), good job :goodjob:.

About the Mayan, I couldn't find anything suitable except this one, you'll be able to see it better ingame, it is a 'Feathered Head'.

I think the flags look very professional.

The Berber one looks rather generic, but that may just be the current color scheme.

I absolutely adore the Mayan, Khmer, and Celtic flags. A well done flag could turn even the Basques into a legitimate MC.

We picked good MCs. Congrats and Thanks to all those who lent a hand in picking these. My fingers are crossed that these won't slow down the game speed too much. They shouldn't last into the Modern Age anyway, correct.

Anybody have an opinion on the idea of lumping all Barbarians into each of these 5 MCs, thereby eliminating the "black" or normal Barbarians?

What to do next? Discuss color schemes?

Is the Berber flag the same what Persia has, just with different colours? At least it looks like it could be the Persian flag.

I think that the Celtic flag would be nicer with a more traditional Celtic cross ; only problem with that being the connotations with a far number of fascist groups.

I'm surprised people thought the Berber/ Arab one looks like the Persian flag inverted :lol:.
Well, I actually just searched for scimatar logos and found that one, edited it and added it as a decal.

We cannot discuss colour schemes now, we don't even know what the colour schemes will be for the Warlords civilizations in the mod, so for now, we will leave this to the initial release of RFC: Warlords :).

Thanks to everyone who participated :thumbsup:

EDIT: I made a stupid mistake in the flags post, I meant the last two to the right are Firaxis, sorry.

Top Bottom