RFCA - Arts thread

If you wanna have the picture unstretched (text will also stretch badly), just shrink it to square instead of cropping it (after adding the text).

The picture and the text won't be stretched. This is the same size as it will be in the game. What you see is what you get.

The picture and the text won't be stretched. This is the same size as it will be in the game. What you see is what you get.

It looks stretched on the first pic you posted (the rectangular one without letters).

It looks stretched on the first pic you posted (the rectangular one without letters).

The difference is that the 1st is a screenshot of the game, the other 2 are just pictures. But they are the same size. (I took the 1st screenshot and placed the text over it.) It will be the same size as the 1st picture.

If you want it as it is in the picture posted, then you should stretch it by 133% upwards, as if not it will show up in a flattened way in game.

This morning i got an idea for the loading screen: I merged a small part of the map merijin wanted to make a loading screen of (just that part of Asia that is actually in the game) and an ancient chinese map of Asia.
There is some space on top and in the bottom for text. I thought an pseudo-indian font in dark brown would fit best, saying "Rhye's and Fall of Asia" on top and "A mod designed by Black Whole" on the bottom, for example. I havn't found anything yet, maybe one of you got such a font?
EDIT: That was close. Accidently removed the pictures, but here they are. I found some fonts that fit, 2 pseudo-indian and one pseudo thai. What do you guys think? And please don't tell me that it's called "a rfc modmod" instead of "an rfc modmod".
btw, did you know that you can't write the s-word in this forum? all you get are 4 smilies...what a shame
2nd EDIT: found a spelling error an corrected it

Both screens are very beautiful! Thanks a lot!!!:clap: :goodjob:

I think that the second version of civ-addicted's loading screen looks best.

And for the main screen, I find the second font better.

If you both could upload them I would glady incorporate them :).

I am honored that my name appears on the loading screen:blush:.

Here you go.
Mmmh, maybe i should have tried to write "an rfc modmod co-designed by civ-addicted" instead ;)

I rememberd that there was this Buddha-Flag in the "Civ Of The Week" Tocharistan, and it would be quite a waste if we wouldn't use it.
I uploaded the flag, and the button in Tibet's and Sri Vijaya's colors. I let you decide which one is better, because i don't have quite an idea.

I've updated the former post. If this one doesn't turn out right, you have to be patient before i can check it myself.

I got a little present for you: Flags!
Tibet (don't you dare to call it ugly!;)): I tried to convert the modern-days tibetian coat of arms, but there are so many details that it turned out to be a dot. So i took 1 Snow Lion from the coat of arms, and it looks quite nice.
Nanzhao: I took this photo (seems to be a famous site) and converted it into a flag.
Ming: I took this one is from the "Civ of the Week" Vietnam and changed the colors.
Jurchen: From "Civ of the Week" Khitan, with changed colors. This one is definitly discussable, i'd gladly take another suggestion.

I think every civ has its own flag now, apart from the ones you want to add, so this might spur you to release another patch or even the next version?

You are awesome, thanks! The Tibetan one is exactly what I thought some days ago could become the flag fror Tibet. You steal my thoughts, don't you ;)?
Nanzhao looks cool too.
The problem with the Ming is the yellow color, Maybe we should use another instead of yellow as secondary?
The horse for Jurchen looks like the Knight from chess games :D.

You are awesome, thanks! The Tibetan one is exactly what I thought some days ago could become the flag fror Tibet. You steal my thoughts, don't you ;)?

No, actually i'm stalking you:lol:
But it's great that you like my ideas.
I found some units that might fit in the mod.
The archers from here or here might suit the Yabgu Archer
The Archer in here can be used as Archer or Bowman, for everyone but indian civs
For Arg-e Bam, we could use the spanish citadell, but recolor it to more white instead of that yellow-ish.

I unpacked the .fpk file and found some unneccesary files than can be deleted, like the Hippodrom or russian citystyles...Or did you got something in mind for that?:lol: That might save up to 20 MB
btw, can you update the first post, please?

Some news on hayam: he is mostly finished, and right now only some add-metal-effect and add shader is left to do. See last page of my thread for pictures.

Top Bottom