RFCE 1.3 Playtest Feedback

I can not use the WB to force peace! only to place some unit, or change improvments. thats all i can do. also i reported the problem to show more representation, not save my game!

@absinte ofc i think u want to solve it! just u havnt gave us any details or feedback: whats that or why is it happening....i wanted to push this case softly :D

I've had the crash a few times, usually once a game, but generally just fix it myself. Just go into WB, look for a city which is about to be captured and either delete the attacking stack or use the WB to force peace.

Personally I'd say we as players should try to deal with the issues ourselves until Absinthe can find a permanent solution - the less time he has to spend looking at each of our games the less time he has to fix the underlying problem.

But actually I don't mind the posted savegames
I can really quickly check which city conquest is the one where the CTD happens, from the crash logs
Finding the real cause of the bug is way more difficult for me, hopefully will be able to fix it soon

I can not use the WB to force peace! only to place some unit, or change improvments. thats all i can do. also i reported the problem to show more representation, not save my game!

@absinte ofc i think u want to solve it! just u havnt gave us any details or feedback: whats that or why is it happening....i wanted to push this case softly :D

Don't worry, no hard feelings here :)
But I can ensure you, I'm doing my best to fix it ASAP
I'm only telling you guys which city is the cause, so you are able to finish your games without having to wait for the real solution

PS: you can simply force peace in the WB, it's possible in the diplomacy section with a single click from war to peace between the 2 leaders

Also, something for a bit later, but respawns should really come with some more units, like in DoC - there's not really any point if it's just going to get crushed in a few turns again.

Where specifically can you find the cause of the crash?

Only if logging is enabled
It will be near the end of the python debug file

EDIT: Even if you check it for yourself, I would still like to see some more savegames connected to the bug, preferably always with the latest SVN version

Also, something for a bit later, but respawns should really come with some more units, like in DoC - there's not really any point if it's just going to get crushed in a few turns again.

Agreed

Downloaded lastest SVN and tried Prussia. Some notes:

1. Prussia is way too underpowered in this. they have a very small starting stack (2 teutonic knights, 1 treb, 2 crossbowmen). I said yes to the crusade event (5th crusade by this point), lost BOTH of my knights (i WB'ed them back in), which really seems unfair to small Prussia just starting out.

2. Prussia doesn't have access to Horse or Iron, meaning they can't build their Teutonic Knights or settle the two starting Teutonic Masters in their cities. The closest source is Vilnius, but Lithuania's army completely dwarfs yours (5 Bajoras, 4 crossbowmen & guisarmiers each (i think there were some extras from Kiev DOWing over Minsk however), along with 2 barb keshiks that Lithuania regularly flips when they spawn). I'd suggest adding them near Konigsberg (or rather, putting horses near Konigsberg, an iron somewhere in Livonia, and another iron in Brandeburg) just so they don't suffer from the direction changes east-west later on.

3. Their DCN is a little messed up. I started as Duchy of Prussia as opposed to Teutonic Order and then turned into the Livonian Order when i settled Windau and conquered Pskov from Novgorod.

At Emperor Leon shrinks to size 1 in the first turn, sometimes health and or food is to low.

bye Myri

It's perfectly true that there are other difficulties against barbs on harder levels, but I still want to have at least some more barbs on Emperor than on Monarch
OTOH it's undoubtedly lethal for the AI, so my planned change is to increase barb numbers only for the human player (I mean increase from Monarch to Emperor, not increase from their current state)

I definitely think there should be more barbarians on Emperor to represent organised forces - Mongols, Seljuks, Sassanids, Magyars etc. But I would personally tone down the generic barbarians, particularly during the early period of a game.

France imo is one of the civs which can be made nearly unplayable in Emperor, as you can't focus on going off and conquering whilst having to defend all of your cities against the possibility that three barbarian units will spawn right outside their territory in any given turn.

EDIT: Even if you check it for yourself, I would still like to see some more savegames connected to the bug, preferably always with the latest SVN version

Fair enough - I will upload any savegames where I experience the bug.

Both the trading companies do count as colony. Do we want this?

@ Absinthe
Do you have a lot of changed python files ATM? I'm getting crazy that some files have have spaces instead of tabs. I want to change all those spaces into tabs, so it is consistent. (And above all, no annoying syntax errors anymore when coding) As it is effect allmost all lines of all python files, it will very likely conflict with any of your changes.

Both the trading companies do count as colony. Do we want this?

We are talking about the Danish UHV, right?
Right now it's 5 colonies, and trading companies count.
We can change it to 3 colonies, but than trading companies don't count.
IMO the current setup works well with the name of the Danish UHV, but otherwise I'm pretty indifferent about it. You can change it to the second version if you want

@ Absinthe
Do you have a lot of changed python files ATM? I'm getting crazy that some files have have spaces instead of tabs. I want to change all those spaces into tabs, so it is consistent. (And above all, no annoying syntax errors anymore when coding) As it is effect allmost all lines of all python files, it will very likely conflict with any of your changes.

I also dislike the spaces instead of tabs (fortunately I kinda got used to it during the last years, so I rarely make syntax errors anymore)
AFAIK it's because 3Miro used a linux system for modding, and it suited his editor better this way.

Having said that, I also usually change the spaces to tabs in the coding I do, so feel free to do it for all files if you have some time for it.
Also, I can easily adapt to those changes, so feel free to do anytime you want.

We are talking about the Danish UHV, right?
Right now it's 5 colonies, and trading companies count.
We can change it to 3 colonies, but than trading companies don't count.
IMO the current setup works well with the name of the Danish UHV, but otherwise I'm pretty indifferent about it. You can change it if you want

All colony related UHV. The trading companies do count as colonies for all civs. Personally, I think they shouldn't. I will change the code for the colony civs.

I already have the Danish UHV coded so it works as the UHV describes. (Will upload soon)

I also dislike the spaces instead of tabs (fortunately I kinda got used to it during the last years, so I rarely make syntax errors anymore)
AFAIK it's because 3Miro used a lynux system for modding, and it suited his editor better this way.

Having said that, I also usually change the spaces to tabs in the coding I do, so feel free to do it for all files if you have some time for it.
Also, I can easily adapt to those changes, so feel free to do anytime you want.

I didn't get used to it and constantly getting error. Will change it ASAP after my current changes.

Why are some of the list in storedData longer than the amount of civs?

All colony related UHV. The trading companies do count as colonies for all civs. Personally, I think they shouldn't. I will change the code for the colony civs.

I already have the Danish UHV coded so it works as the UHV describes. (Will upload soon)

Actually most other colony UHVs were intentionally set up this way
Check the wording: "Build x Colonial Projects"
So it was intentional that East and West India Companies did count into those UHVs
It's probably too much to ask for 8 real colonies as England, or 6 as Portugal

Once again, I'm indifferent if we set up the goals with or without the 2 Companies
But if it's without, then the UHV goal should be decreased too

I didn't get used to it and constantly getting error. Will change it ASAP after my current changes.

Why are some of the list in storedData longer than the amount of civs?

Ehh, I hoped you didn't want to change all (........) into (TAB) automatically in all files, and will do at least some double-checking (for example for keeping the table formats in some parts of RFCEBalace.py) when switching to tabs.
Not a real issue of course, but I just have to double check all files to keep them consistent, sry :)
Pls don't post a new commit before my next one, it might cover a lot of python files.

View attachment 392844

it is a bad thing that barbs who are coming from east appear in the middle of your borders! imo they should spawn on the east edge of the map!? + its 1086 the first crusade is coming in the next turn! its might be too much on emperor or for the AI.

apropos crusade:
View attachment 392845

dont pop paladins and teutonics when nobody have chivalry at that time nor any corp.

View attachment 392844

it is a bad thing that barbs who are coming from east appear in the middle of your borders! imo they should spawn on the east edge of the map!? + its 1086 the first crusade is coming in the next turn! its might be too much on emperor or for the AI.

apropos crusade:
View attachment 392845

dont pop paladins and teutonics when nobody have chivalry at that time nor any corp.
convert to Catholic or Orthodox - no Crusaders :mischief:(it worked in RFCE++)

For historical compliance is necessary to add to some WWs next requires:
Tomb of Al-Walid - islam
St.Basil Vathedral - orthodox
Krak des Chevalies - islam (original muslim citadel)
La Mezquita - islam
San Marco Basilica - catholic
The Alhambra - islam
The Gardens of Al Andalus - islam
Topkapi Palace - islam
Sistine Chapel - catholic

Conquered Adrianopolis, Thessaloniki and Constantinople, Byzanz is stable / shaky with 6 cities left. Should be collapsing?

bye Myri

Actually most other colony UHVs were intentionally set up this way
Check the wording: "Build x Colonial Projects"
So it was intentional that East and West India Companies did count into those UHVs
It's probably too much to ask for 8 real colonies as England, or 6 as Portugal

Once again, I'm indifferent if we set up the goals with or without the 2 Companies
But if it's without, then the UHV goal should be decreased too

One can interpret "Colonial Projects" in several ways. I interpreted it as colonies only. But I agree the number should be lowered.

It won't change much, as most colonies require one of the companies anyway. So you had to build them.

Ehh, I hoped you didn't want to change all (........) into (TAB) automatically in all files, and will do at least some double-checking (for example for keeping the table formats in some parts of RFCEBalace.py) when switching to tabs.
Not a real issue of course, but I just have to double check all files to keep them consistent, sry :)
Pls don't post a new commit before my next one, it might cover a lot of python files.

Sorry for that. I didn't notice the space was used in that file to align the table. Now I checked all files again and the only RFCEBalance.py and 1 line in Consts.py are affected. But I suppose you already changed it back. (Otherwise I will do it after your commit)

Conquered Adrianopolis, Thessaloniki and Constantinople, Byzanz is stable / shaky with 6 cities left. Should be collapsing?

bye Myri

Isn't Byzantium's UP that its core can't collapse? So if it still has cities in its core regions (West Anatolia and Greece) then it shouldn't be able to collapse.

Top Bottom