RFCE 1.3 Playtest Feedback

I'm getting a crash in this Novgorod game on the next turn. Revision 1095 IIRC, but that shouldn't make much of a difference.

I can continue your game with revision 1096

Is it just bad luck on the roll or do Ottomans tend to regularly win domination victories late game?

Ottomans fo have quite large bonuses, espcially for unit production
They supposed to be the main military powerhouse around 1650-1700

Also, Prussia could use some sulphur in their area because they cannot get their UU otherwise.

Noted
Novgorod:
(maybe bc I got the 12th fur the same turn Muscovy flipped Tver)

Muscovian spawn zone was adjusted in 1096

At Emporer there are to many barbs for the AI in Cordoba. Started 4 games in Spain / North Africa, always Cordoba was dead or very weak.

Not sure about other areas yet, in 1.1 and earlier Emporer wasn't playable at all, barbs ruined all games.

bye Myri

Adjusting barbs is the last main thing I'm planning to do before 1.3
Will see if I will have time to do some improvements on barbs for the AI on different levels as well

Capitulation also seems a bit easy, for the AI at least

Playing a game as Scotland, and England vassalised to the French within about 100 years of their spawn. It's going to make the game very easy with no England to fight, particularly as I have already settled Wales!

A very old RFCE bug: When you load a savegame you sometimes loose a turn, no production, no science.

bye Myri

Actually I never experienced this bug before
Are you sure it's RFCE specific, and not because of a Civ IV setting on your end?

Capitulation also seems a bit easy, for the AI at least

Playing a game as Scotland, and England vassalised to the French within about 100 years of their spawn. It's going to make the game very easy with no England to fight, particularly as I have already settled Wales!

Yeah, agreed. Most AI leaders willing to vassalize voluntarily way too easily.
Will be changed.
Actually most AI personalities need a huge improvement, many of them were only copy-pasted from other leaders as a temporary solution.
Is anyone interested in setting up a couple leader personalities? It's somewhat fun, but takes up a huge amount of time if I have to do 40+ of them.

I also find it annoying that otherwise severly crippled AI countries stay alive just because they got to be someone's vassal.
Being a vassal should give a significant amount of stability, but not total immunity from collapses.

I finished the Sweden game I started and had the same issue I encountered with Novgorod: 2/3 UHV checks, but no golden age is triggered.

From the same game: I founded Protestantism, but All Saint's church was later built by Prussia. Can a Great Saint build it now in any Protestant city?

Which revisions do you play with?
Merijn's changes in rev 1097 probably broke the Triumphal Arch too.
Same issue with the All Saint's Church. The numbering of buildings was wrong, this caused issues in everything which had a reference to them
I already fixed this in rev 1100.

Finished the game on 1099, now updated. Thx a lot.

Actually I never experianced this bug before
Are you sure it's RFCE specific, and not because of a Civ IV setting on your end?

I have the bug now for years (and 3 PCs) i think in RFCE only. Possible the bug only can occur when you start Civ by loading a savegame.

Freiburg im Breisgau makes no sense because it is used rarely and there should be no other Freiburg on the map.

To survive the barbs in Cordoba at Emperor i had to load and save a lot, i doubt it is doable with no new random seed at reload or restarting a lot until you survived the first 50 turns.

bye Myri

I need some help for the morocco"s 2. uhv, any idea?
Well, you just need three great artists (make sure you get to Drama first) and some more culture from the cities themselves.

this is getting annoying me a lot!!! another city bug somewhere out there...
View attachment 392782
can you fix this problem permanently?

Amsterdam
Interestingly, it doesn't always crash to me, only about 50% of the time
Probably that was the same thing with the savegame DC123456789 uploaded a couple days ago
That I only ran once, and there was no problems in that case

EDIT: Btw, it was Nyitra/Neutra in that save, if you are still interested in finishing the game

it happens many times, i can say regularly...so if u say "amsterdam" its a temporary solution only. I kindly ask you to look for a permanent solution for this, "cos it happens too often, thx

it happens many times, i can say regularly...so if u say "amsterdam" its a temporary solution only. I kindly ask you to look for a permanent solution for this, "cos it happens too often, thx

You really think I don't want to fix this premanently? :crazyeye:

To survive the barbs in Cordoba at Emperor i had to load and save a lot, i doubt it is doable with no new random seed at reload or restarting a lot until you survived the first 50 turns.

I didn't find barbs a big problem for Cordoba, but I think I benefited from flipping a couple of horse archers on spawn. But I do think they are excessive in general on Emperor, particularly for civs like France, Byzantium, Cordoba, Kiev and Hungary who are being attacked by barbs from all around.

I made the argument a couple of years back that barbarians at Emperor level should be the same as at Monarch level. Fighting barbs at Emperor is difficult because:

1. Slower tech so lower tech units available
2. Worse economy as higher maintenance and reduced free units so fewer units can be supported
3. No 10% bonus against barbs

Those three make Emperor challenging enough imo, there's no need for the extra barb units at all.

I've had the crash a few times, usually once a game, but generally just fix it myself. Just go into WB, look for a city which is about to be captured and either delete the attacking stack or use the WB to force peace.

Personally I'd say we as players should try to deal with the issues ourselves until Absinthe can find a permanent solution - the less time he has to spend looking at each of our games the less time he has to fix the underlying problem.

I have the bug now for years (and 3 PCs) i think in RFCE only. Possible the bug only can occur when you start Civ by loading a savegame.

Freiburg im Breisgau makes no sense because it is used rarely and there should be no other Freiburg on the map.

bye Myri

I still think it's somehow related to the game engine
I cannot really do anything about it, especially since nothing similar ever happened with Civ IV on my computers

Will look into the barbs for Cordoba on Emperor

I didn't find barbs a big problem for Cordoba, but I think I benefited from flipping a couple of horse archers on spawn. But I do think they are excessive in general on Emperor, particularly for civs like France, Byzantium, Cordoba, Kiev and Hungary who are being attacked by barbs from all around.

I made the argument a couple of years back that barbarians at Emperor level should be the same as at Monarch level. Fighting barbs at Emperor is difficult because:

1. Slower tech so lower tech units available
2. Worse economy as higher maintenance and reduced free units so fewer units can be supported
3. No 10% bonus against barbs

Those three make Emperor challenging enough imo, there's no need for the extra barb units at all.

It's perfectly true that there are other difficulties against barbs on harder levels, but I still want to have at least some more barbs on Emperor than on Monarch
OTOH it's undoubtedly lethal for the AI, so my planned change is to increase barb numbers only for the human player (I mean increase from Monarch to Emperor, not increase from their current state)

Top Bottom