Rhye posted an update for his Civ5 mod

One of the features of DoC is being based on a good game so clearly not all of them are in Civ6.

Hey everyone, if you're hoping the mod's out by now: nope, Rhye moved his launch to the 25th. He updated the first post too.

Also, speaking of Civ 6: I'm in this Civ community Facebook group, and in one of the posts someone was lamenting on why Rhye decided not to create a Civ 6 port. He argued that many of the features in DoC are already in Civ 6 by Gathering Storm, so why would Rhye not create one?

Spoiler Argument on why there should be a Civ 6 port :
Honestly I could care less beyond a thorough explanation from Rhye as to why he felt Civ VI districts wouldn’t be appropriate for an RFC for Civ VI, yet Civ V is totally workable.
Didn’t give a reason last I checked, he just said it didn’t work for him.
6 already has many systems in place that would easily support RFC, like city states and independents, stability and loyalty, and a world congress, all essential parts of RFC in past iterations that had to be built by him from scratch. Half the work is already done by the GS expansion, I mean what’s the deal Rhye?

What are your thoughts on this, fellow RFC and DoC fans?

I'm bummed to hear that he doesn't appreciate Civ 6 as much as I do. While I skipped out on playing Civ 5, I have really enjoyed Civ 6, especially playing multiplayer with my friends. The AI of Civ 6 has me avoiding SP most of the time, but I reckon a good RFC mod would pull me into the SP a lot more often.

I think it would be tricky to get RFC to work with the way districts and wonders are placed on the map, because if you are playing as a later spawning civilization, you better be crossing your fingers that the earlier civilizations didn't give you a terrible city setup. Perhaps they could do as Gedemon said, and restack the districts onto a single tile, or at least severely limit the amount of districts that get placed. But for crying out loud, Civ 6 had an entire expansion that ripped off was inspired by Rhye's and Fall, IE Rise and Fall. Who knows, since Civ 6 just announced a year long season pass which promises to add a lot of new content, maybe Rhye will be inspired and change his mind in the future.

Hello everyone. I'm sorry I did not post an announcement here; I was waiting for the initial release to do so, but I found now that you already did.

Regarding civ6:
I believe that making the jump of porting the mod from civ5 to civ6 will be smaller than from civ4 to civ5, as the modding tools are similar.
But, as all of you said, there are problems with civ6 itself: besides the districts, which should be properly tested in a RFC-like scenario, and the silly graphics (for which at last there is a new terrain patch), basically all RFC ideas have been borrowed by civ5 and civ6 and their expansions, leaving little to add to an already complex game. In any case modding civ6 is not convenient now as it's not stable yet in terms of DLCs.
I'm not taking any commitment but I do not exclude to do it one day in the future.

Top Bottom