Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.1

Oh boy, it's a modmod!

Welcome to Asia!

If you're new: make yourself comfy. You propably played Rhye's and Fall of Civilization, an excellent mod for Beyond the Sword that even has been shipped with the game. I'm pretty sure Firaxis stole the concepts of the Unique Powers and Independents to use it in Civ 5.
Now, Rhye's and Fall of Asia tries to put the whole concept into the History of Asia, which has been treated necligent so far. This required an overhaul of the units, buildings, techs and, of course, civilizations.

To the rest: yet again, this is the product of blood, sweat and tears. I balanced the game a little more, and i'm almost confident to say that the game is in bounds that i'm happy with up to ~1000AD. Sometimes the later games become a little messy
It's only natural that balancing will take significantly longer now, since every game takes longer to play and it's longer to load a single game.

I also have to fix Ming finally. For now, Han respawns instead of Ming; Don't take this as the solution!

Honorem ei, qui meritur:
Black Whole for starting the mod.
Rhye for RFC, i owe him big time.
merijn_v1 for helping me out.
embryodead for SoI
Leoroth and his DoC for useful pieces of code
Asaf for the Font Editor
The Capo, Cybrxkhan, Ekmek, veBear, bakuel, GeoModder, hrochland, Walter Hawkwood, danrell, Dumanios, StolenRays, valkrion, merijn_v1 and saibothlieh for their art.
merijn_v1, Leoreth, Linkman 226, veBear, The Turk, embryodead, BenZL43, Riverguard, Tigranes, Nintz, spaceman98, Baron03, 2punkey4u, civciv5, stolenrays and Barak for their feedback and input
Everyone who downloaded and played the modmod:goodjob:

Download repository
Download v1.1
Download patch for v1.1.1
Download music module
Download Wondermovie module

Sourceforge Main Page

Note that you need Beyond the Sword v3.19 to play the modmod.

I also have a SVN link:
"svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/rfca-unm/code1/trunk rfca-unm-code1"

As always, have a good time!

Attachments

• Aryan hordes.jpg
    Aryan hordes.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 2,252
  • Chinese conquerers.jpg
    Chinese conquerers.jpg
    463 KB · Views: 1,930
  • Khmer Empire's height.jpg
    Khmer Empire's height.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 2,097
  • Choose wisely.jpg
    Choose wisely.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 1,970
  • New buildings!.jpg
    New buildings!.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 1,534
  • New units!.jpg
    New units!.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 1,444
Version 1.1.1 Changelog

General changes and UHV updates:
- Butuan UP is coded
- Butuan UHV 1 harder, UHV2 changed
- The AI values resources connected to the Silk Route more.
- Gold is valued more, especially regarding Butuan's game.
- 2 new UHVs for Delhi
- Delhi UP altered; especially there's a small chance for every religion to stay present.
- Respawns are disabled 5 turns before 1180AD

Additions/Removal:
- 500 AD start
- Changed Maurya's citynamemap so that Pataliputra is on the Champapuri plot
- Added Ulug Beg's Observatory wonder (art from stolenrays' Margareh Observatory)
- New LH for Delhi: Qutb-ud din Aibak. Thanks to SoI

Map and province changes:
- Adjustments in Chola settlermap, so they rather build a city in Sri Lanka/Karnataka than the Maledives or another crappy city in Tamil Nadu
- More city renaming for the Persian civs

XML/text updates:
- changed civ name in the civ selection screen to "The ..." like in RFC
- Added hints/explanations for UHVs in the civopedia
- More messages for the new mechanics

Balance:
- Gupta builds less units, easier start for Delhi

Bugfixes:
- fixed 2nd Zhou UHV
- Fixed Hayam's Diplo
- Removed Indraprashta from the 500 AD, so it doesn't get razed by Delhi at the start
- Karakhanids are Karakhanids, not Dali Kingdom anymore

---------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.1 Changelog

General changes and UHV updates:
- Altered Khmer UHVs
- Finally an effect for Prambanan: +2 free Priests
- Added Mongol UP from DoC
- Nanzhao starts 2 turns earlier (739AD)
- Changed the Dan-Quayle screen, so you get a more fair rating
- New UP for Tang: Power of Chinese Renaissance: -25% :culture: needed for expanding borders
- New UP for Song: Power of Authority: less stability penalty for losing cities
- Changed last Sri Vijaya UHV (Accumulate 30000 :gold: by 1290AD)
- Increased the threshold for 3rd Tibetian UHV to 7 (since Gupta has been added)
- Changed values for Korea UHVs
- Now one can choose which, if any, UHV to choose for Mongol
- More aggressive Jurchen, Delhi and Siam

Additions/Removal:
- Hephtalite Horse Archers remove Minor Religions (esp. Hellenism) from conquered cities

Map and province changes:
- Some minor changes in the Khmer citynamemap
- Katmandu is in the citynamemap
- multiple names for Luoyang/Bhubaneswar/Bharuch

XML/text updates:
- XML Cleanup
- Alteration of the DCNs (Vassal names if master is Indian, Greek, or Tibetian added)
- Greetings for every leader! (I went datamining in cybrxkhan's civs and CIV Gold)

Art/Sound updates:
- All buildings have proper size
- Art Cleanup (Removed all ethnic buildings (except ethnic palaces), 30 MB reduction in size)
- New art for Chinese, SE Asian and Korean Spy (Credits to Saibotlieh)
- New art for Nalanda University and Communal House (from removed ethnic buildings)
- In the religion screen, cities show their Minor Religions
- Fixed Tumen Amugulang's shadow
- Art for Manichaeist Monastery (based on the Jewish one from Vanilla)
- New art for Triumphal Arch

Balance:
- Khmer needs more food to grow and more :gp: points to get a Great Person
- Weakend Rajput Infantry
- Moved Tea Route to Coinage, to make sure that Human Nanzhao can build it
- In the chinese civil war, improvements will be destroyed as well.
- I screwed around with some AI values hoping that the early wonders will be buildt in about the right area
- Weaker Caravel (have withdrawal chance instead) and Pirates
- Song stronger thus actually playable.

Bugfixes:
- Fixed bug in the 2nd Japanese UHV
- Fixed Tibetian UHVs by moving the date BEFORE Butuan spawn
- Ghaznavid UHV3 cheat-free

New Concepts:
The Mandate of Heaven:The Mandate of Heaven is a philosophical concept in the Chinese Empire to legitimitize political power, comparable to the european Divine Right of Kings. In the game, a civ with its capital in China can gain this title, granting the Emperors Residence with huge benefits. Various factors like civics, certain buildings, score and cities in China are required/raise the chance of gaining it.
The Silk Route:Once in a while civs from Europe or Africa will appear in your realm. You can decide which benefit you want (Trade, Culture or Science), and based on the amount of resources your benefit will be bigger.
Chinese Civil wars:If another chinese civ spawns, after some turns the two civs get compared. Fist of all, if one civ has below -10 stability, it automatically collapses. If both civs have over -10 stability, a value consisting of the stability itself and, but just for the human player, the amount of army. The one with the lower value collapses. If the new one collapses, its cities going independant, if the old one collapses, the unimportant cities gets destroyed(low culture, far away from capital, no holy city etc.), the rest will be handed over to the new civ after some rebalancing. Rebalancing means destroying all buildings (except wonders) and most improvements, and reduction of population.

Stability maps!
Dark Green means core area.
Light Green is historical area.
Yellow means historical area, but in a foreign civ's core area.
red means foreign core.
Orange lines indicate the area that is related to a civ's UHV.

Harrapa - Zhou - Qin - Tocharians:
Spoiler :

Indo-Greeks - Maurya - Chola - Vietnam:
Spoiler :

Han - Korea - Japan - Gupta:
Spoiler :

Chalukya - Göktürks - Khmer - Tibet:
Spoiler :

Tang - Sri Vijaya - Nanzhao - Burma:
Spoiler :

Song - Ghaznavids - Butuan - Jurchen:
Spoiler :

Delhi - Mongolia - Siam - Majapahit:
Spoiler :

Ming:
Spoiler :

reserved for a nasty surprise;)

Go on, play the game:whipped:

Reserved for Asian girls galleries

*JK*

So, what is the equivalent number for this version on SVN?

Nice job! - I'm curious about the changelog.

I can already report that Zhou UHV 2 is bugged (fails immediately). I see you left the Emperor's residence mechanic as is. ok

Did you modify the code for Siam's 1st UHV?

I like the new mechanic for the Mongols. But I have two questions as regards the Chagatai goals: Do vassals' territories count for you? And how do you calculate that 'half of India'? By cultural influence or by number of cities?

Reserved for Asian girls galleries

*JK*

So, what is the equivalent number for this version on SVN?
You can post as many pics of Asian girls as you like (i mean, it's not completly off-topic :p) But once in a while you should say something about the mod too, otherwise the moderators might intervene;)
Apart from the Butuan UP, it's Revision 74.
Nice job! - I'm curious about the changelog.

I can already report that Zhou UHV 2 is bugged (fails immediately). I see you left the Emperor's residence mechanic as is. ok
I just fixed it in the SVN. Hoping that it works...
Did you modify the code for Siam's 1st UHV?
Oh Goddammit. I was sure i changed the code so you only need all cities there, but right now, you also need a fair part of all plots. I swear that i didn't do that on purpose :please:
I'll change it so that you need all cities (but at least one in each part)
I like the new mechanic for the Mongols. But I have two questions as regards the Chagatai goals: Do vassals' territories count for you? And how do you calculate that 'half of India'? By cultural influence or by number of cities?
I'm not really sure. It uses the same piece of code as Persia in RFC does; i played with the Indo-Greeks, which also use the same code, a while back and iirc the land of my Cholan vassals counted. But not 100% sure.
The plots you own in India count. The borders are exactly the same as for Maurya's UHVs, you can check their stabilty map for it.

Seems you can't just leave India to your vassals. The Muslim buildings also do not get counted properly.

Buttons are still messed up for me.

Global Warming?!? You sure about that?

Attachments

• Baddynghis Khan AD-1428 Turn 507.CivBeyondSwordSave
    942.3 KB · Views: 147
Good job with v 1.1! :goodjob:

I still get password promt when I try to update via SVN... I really dont feel like re-download the entire file...

Seems you can't just leave India to your vassals. The Muslim buildings also do not get counted properly.
I have to admit that i didn't playtested their UHVs, if you played some games feel free to propose better ones
Buttons are still messed up for me.
Which ones?
Global Warming?!? You sure about that?
Surely not:dubious:
I just commented out the line that are responisble, hoping to fix it that way.
What does one even have to do to feel the effect of global warming? I got it in Civ3, but never in CIV resp. RFC, so i had no idea that it's still in the modmod.
Could you try the attached DLL and tell if global warming is removed?
Good job with v 1.1! :goodjob:

I still get password promt when I try to update via SVN... I really dont feel like re-download the entire file...

But,how can I update it by SVN?It needs password and I don't know it.
This is the part of the Sourceforge page that's relevant (at least i think it is):http://sourceforge.net/p/rfca-unm/code1/76/tree/
So either
or
"http://svn.code.sf.net/p/rfca-unm/code1/trunk rfca-unm-code1"
should work.

Attachments

• no global warming.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 229
[/QUOTE]This is the part of the Sourceforge page that's relevant (at least i think it is):http://sourceforge.net/p/rfca-unm/code1/76/tree/
So either
or
"http://svn.code.sf.net/p/rfca-unm/code1/trunk rfca-unm-code1"
should work.[/QUOTE]

Oh,thanks!It works now.:)

But once in a while you should say something about the mod too, otherwise the moderators might intervene;)
Apart from the Butuan UP, it's Revision 74.

Off course I will :lol:
Is doing a Chola game and here's so far:
-Chola Empire's residents known themselves as Tamil, IIRC, not Cholan.
-Need more food in Cholapuram
-Is the Dravidian Swordman invasion is historical? It's pretty annoying.
-A settler in Sri Lanka and broadening their Core area to Sri Lankan might be good (both are Tamil). If they lost the capital in India to Sri Lanka, change the dynamic civs name to Sri Lankan..
-Spawn two workers instead of 1
-Lower the hammer requirements for the Chola's UB. It's pretty insane 100 turns seeing how scarce the production is (and pretty long too, around 300 years, right?)
-If a civ far away declare war and then lost contact with us for more than 5-7 turns, the next time we met them we should be at peace.
-25% more probability for CCW that the collapsing one is the more ancient one. I get Han collapsing because it's less stable than Zhou? It's so if and only if the ancient one is strong enough, they'll survive.
-Import the UHV Checklist from SoI or DoC
-Work more on the Music section? I still saw lots of missing tracks :crazyeye:
-Rather than using the suffix -Empire in every civs identity in the Select-A-Civ screen (e.g Majapahit Empire, Chola Empire, Zhou Empire) etc, I think it'll be better if you use their demonym instead (e.g the Javanese, the Tamils, the Zhou, the Han) etc :)

The rest is pretty awesome :)
I especially like that you don't lose automatically switched to other units and (if you do not realize) lose :move: if you're sent units to go to forbidden tiles :)

IDK if this one related to RFCA or not, but sure this one happens only in RFCA : Driver ifgx has stopped working and has recovered successfully

Off course I will :lol:
Is doing a Chola game and here's so far:
-Chola Empire's residents known themselves as Tamil, IIRC, not Cholan.
I think it rather should be "Chola" instead of "Cholan" to have an adjective for the dynasty itself. It works for the Chinese.
-Need more food in Cholapuram
Being coastal, on a river, a Crab and a Rice nearby already makes it a good enough city. It's really dangerous to put more than 2 food resources next to a city, you can see that at the Song capital
-Is the Dravidian Swordman invasion is historical? It's pretty annoying.
I think they stand for the rival dynasties in Southern India that didn't made it to become a civ; Chera, Pandya and Pallava etc.
-A settler in Sri Lanka and broadening their Core area to Sri Lankan might be good (both are Tamil). If they lost the capital in India to Sri Lanka, change the dynamic civs name to Sri Lankan..
Chola already has a modified respawn: the Kingdom of Jaffna, which is in Sri Lanka. If i finally manage to make Delhi smarter and more aggressive, we might see it more often.
-Spawn two workers instead of 1
-Lower the hammer requirements for the Chola's UB. It's pretty insane 100 turns seeing how scarce the production is (and pretty long too, around 300 years, right?)
Both can be done, it's only about how it will affect balance. I'll try it.
-If a civ far away declare war and then lost contact with us for more than 5-7 turns, the next time we met them we should be at peace.
I think the player might abuse it. If you're sick of war, you just have take control of your automated exploring units to keep them away from the enemy and play the waiting game instead of bribing yourself out of war.
-25% more probability for CCW that the collapsing one is the more ancient one. I get Han collapsing because it's less stable than Zhou? It's so if and only if the ancient one is strong enough, they'll survive.
I could tweak the values a little, but i don't think that old dynasties survive unbearably often.
-Import the UHV Checklist from SoI or DoC
I plan on including something accordingly for those UHVs that work with storeddata.py (like Siam's Food UHV already does), but not for those where the info can be seen up at other places.
-Work more on the Music section? I still saw lots of missing tracks :crazyeye:
I remember you saying that f.e. buddhist04 is missing, but it works for me. Maybe try to reinstall it :dunno:
-Rather than using the suffix -Empire in every civs identity in the Select-A-Civ screen (e.g Majapahit Empire, Chola Empire, Zhou Empire) etc, I think it'll be better if you use their demonym instead (e.g the Javanese, the Tamils, the Zhou, the Han) etc :)
It's fair since RFC does it. But i might rather stick to the Dynasty names, otherwise it might become a little confusing imo
The rest is pretty awesome :)
I especially like that you don't lose automatically switched to other units and (if you do not realize) lose :move: if you're sent units to go to forbidden tiles :)

IDK if this one related to RFCA or not, but sure this one happens only in RFCA : Driver ifgx has stopped working and has recovered successfully
Just keep on playing and have fun:goodjob:. Feedback is always welcome.

I have to admit that i didn't playtested their UHVs, if you played some games feel free to propose better ones
The UHVs themselves are fine, maybe I was too lazy for coping with crappy economy and stabilty. That's what happens when you expand, expand, expand. I suspect that you can get 25% while loading some of that onto your vassals, but you must still personally own that half of India.
Which ones?
Random ones, e.g. the Artistic Engineering tech has an Espionage button currently. And camps have the button of the National Park.

Surely not:dubious:
I just commented out the line that are responisble, hoping to fix it that way.
What does one even have to do to feel the effect of global warming? I got it in Civ3, but never in CIV resp. RFC, so i had no idea that it's still in the modmod.
Could you try the attached DLL and tell if global warming is removed?
I've stumbled across global warming twice in late game situations - can't tell you more. Seemed completely random.

On Chola:
I see absolutely no problems with them. If you lack production and food early game, research Iron Working and Luxury goods. That also lets you have your UB quicker. The production cost of which is justified - it's ridiculously powerful, especially in combo with the UU - Navy Seals of the Middle Ages, anyone?.

I think it rather should be "Chola" instead of "Cholan" to have an adjective for the dynasty itself. It works for the Chinese.

What about the Mauryan then? Because of the Dynamic Civs name, they won't be forever Maurya, right? But their adjective is Mauryan.. I think it should be Indian..

Being coastal, on a river, a Crab and a Rice nearby already makes it a good enough city. It's really dangerous to put more than 2 food resources next to a city, you can see that at the Song capital

Well, Rice come quite late.. it needs something I can't remember atm. Perhaps spawning 2 work boats (crab, pearl) and 2 workers will do then.

I think they stand for the rival dynasties in Southern India that didn't made it to become a civ; Chera, Pandya and Pallava etc.

Then they should be Tamil Swordsman, and spawn from the Southern India, not the Western one near the city of Ka..what?

I plan on including something accordingly for those UHVs that work with storeddata.py (like Siam's Food UHV already does), but not for those where the info can be seen up at other places.

Will wait :)

I remember you saying that f.e. buddhist04 is missing, but it works for me. Maybe try to reinstall it :dunno:

Is there a.. downloadable music folder? :p
Perhaps I'll download it from the SVN source.
Reinstall it will be quite hard with internet like mine :lol:

Another one,
Asoka is really dumb. Getting on my nerves :(
-He demand a tech to me but when I want to reconsider it, everything on his side is white (trade-able) but he keeps saying "We fear you are..." <~ He left me no choice.
-He declare war to me when I convert to Hinduism
-He are minus 2 cities (Vengi and Bubhaneswar) to me, and will only peaceful if I return the Bubhaneswar. Usually, IMO, they will just capitulate or offering a cease fire with something nice, rather than demanding..?

P.S
I got a CTD. I'm not sure what's going on.
Phytex already enabled and it happened just after I built Arg-e-Bam

Random ones, e.g. the Artistic Engineering tech has an Espionage button currently. And camps have the button of the National Park.

I don't have any problems at all. I think that this is a problem in one of the older versions which will be fixed in the new one.

Playing as Khmer, and noticed the new UHV goals. Was wondering how we are supposed to build 6 wonders in Angkor considering how bad production is there.

@Barak
Spoiler :
Use the abundance of food to a) hire specialists that produce hammers and/or b) whip 'em out.

@ c-a & BenZL
I really don't see the need to jumpstart Chola any further. One can do very well with them as they are if one focuses on building up early.

That much i figured out. :)

With few starting units that can take a city, and no cities flipping to them, the Khmer have a tough time at the start I've found. Especially when the RNG doesn't let me make a dent in Oc Eo!

Top Bottom