• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Rhye's and Fall of Europe: Starting Information

Tried to replace everything, and re-install, and get a CTD both through the shortcut in the zip file and double-clicking the WBS. Any other thoughts?

Tried to replace everything, and re-install, and get a CTD both through the shortcut in the zip file and double-clicking the WBS. Any other thoughts?

You have the WB file in ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEurope\PrivateMaps\ ?

The shortcut works if you have the mod in this folder. (I made it on how my files are installed. It is possible that it doesn't work if you installed the game differently.) I used the auto install. (No custom options etc.)

"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEurope"

This is how it should be to work.

Yep, that's the path I'm using. I cleared the cache before starting it, and still just CTD. Even when I go through the usual method of loading a mod, I just get the regular CIV IV welcome screen, not (what I am assuming would be a) different one for the mod. I do get the mod name in upper right corner, but nothing else, and from there, 'play a scenario' just lists all the other scenarios, not the ones for RFCE. There is one difference; I have an extra RFCE folder, so the path is C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEuropeBeta9\RFCEurope; the shortcut is here. I've tried it without the extra shell, and still nothing.

Yep, that's the path I'm using. I cleared the cache before starting it, and still just CTD. Even when I go through the usual method of loading a mod, I just get the regular CIV IV welcome screen, not (what I am assuming would be a) different one for the mod. I do get the mod name in upper right corner, but nothing else, and from there, 'play a scenario' just lists all the other scenarios, not the ones for RFCE. There is one difference; I have an extra RFCE folder, so the path is C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEuropeBeta9\RFCEurope; the shortcut is here. I've tried it without the extra shell, and still nothing.

Here is the problem:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEuropeBeta9\RFCEurope

this needs to be:

Code:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEurope

Yep, tried that and still nothing. Everything I try just gives me a CTD. I tried it in the non-recommended My Games folder too, and nothing.

Yep, tried that and still nothing. Everything I try just gives me a CTD. I tried it in the non-recommended My Games folder too, and nothing.

You probably just renamed the folder from RFCEuropeBeta9 to RFCEurope. You have to move the entire RFCEurope folder into
Code:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\
basically to need to have folders like:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEurope\Assets
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEurope\PrivateMaps
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEurope\Reference

The only other problem that I can think of is if you are running a Mac.

Those are the folders that I have inside RFCEurope. I got rid of the extra shell, an artifact from extraction. I also have the Manual folder with the others in the RFCE folder, plus the shortcut, a shortcut to this forum, the Configurations settings, and the RFCEurope.ini.bak. That's all. I am not running a Mac, it's a PC w/ Windows Vista. I might also mention that I get the same thing with Dawn of CIV, when I tried that.

Have you updated Beyond the Sword to 3.19? You may also have a corrupt installation of Civilization in general

Can you post the content of:
Code:
My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs\PythonErr2.log
there may be a clue in it.

OK, found what I think may be the problem. The CVGameCoreDLL.dll file was in the Assets folder, not the main RFCE folder. When I moved that to the main folder, the shortcut worked just fine. Will let you know if everything else works.

OK, found what I think may be the problem. The CVGameCoreDLL.dll file was in the Assets folder, not the main RFCE folder. When I moved that to the main folder, the shortcut worked just fine. Will let you know if everything else works.

The CVGameCoreDLL.dll should be in the Assets folder. You should revert it back to where it was.

Well, now I can get through the screens where you choose a civilization, etc., but when it has finished loading, I get a black screen, with a blue dialog box in the upper right corner, which doesn't say anything, just gives you a bar to click that says 'OK'. Click this, and then it jumps right to 'The End of History (return to main menu), and when you click that, you go back to main menu.

You shouldn't use the underlined path. "C:\...\Mods\RFCEurope" is how it should be.

Well, now I can get through the screens where you choose a civilization, etc., but when it has finished loading, I get a black screen, with a blue dialog box in the upper right corner, which doesn't say anything, just gives you a bar to click that says 'OK'. Click this, and then it jumps right to 'The End of History (return to main menu), and when you click that, you go back to main menu.

The CvGameCoreDLL.dll file should be in Assets. If you remove it from Assets, the game will load the default Civilization .dll, which will not work with the mod. I don't know why the original .dll is not loading, post the python error file to see if we can find where the problem is.

I should mention the latest 3.19 version of BtS and the possibility of a corrupt install for Civilization.

The CvGameCoreDLL.dll file should be in Assets. If you remove it from Assets, the game will load the default Civilization .dll, which will not work with the mod. I don't know why the original .dll is not loading, post the python error file to see if we can find where the problem is.

I should mention the latest 3.19 version of BtS and the possibility of a corrupt install for Civilization.

OK, apparently part of the problem was due to operator idiocy; I had had the game 'update' to 3.19, and it didn't take. Manually installed 3.19, and restarted. The shortcut now works, and goes right to the mod, but after choosing the Germans to play, the game crashed as it was trying to load. I will try some other players to see what happens.

Has somebody somewhere written a noob-guide or something like that, a bit more elaborate than the OP of this? I can't seem to find info on fx. faith points, what they do, flip zones, and other more detailed info on the features of all of this :) Could someone direct me to a post or thread, where info like that is available?

Thanks in advance :)

Top Bottom