1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of India

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by GnomeChomsky, Jun 21, 2012.

1. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

AFAIK, they did subjugate the Malayan Archipelago.. temporarily.
    However, the Wikipedia image you posted years ago is clearly exaggerated with Tamil nationalism.

2. BenZL43

Another reason why you should add the Sumatra/Malay Archipelago : Pallava.

Apparently the Pallavas are founding many colonies & spreading Hinduism in the Archipelago & Peninsula, that developed into city-states like SriVijaya, Champa etc when they collapsed.

3. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Sri Lanka should be a civ,at one point there was a "Sinhalese Empire" under Parakramabahu the Great,covering the Maldives,Sri Lanka,South-East India and much of Burma.An total area of +-8,75 million km2. And maybe Bhutan too,starting in 1634. They eventually controlled Bhutan,North-East India,Sikkim and East Tibet.

4. BenZL43

As far as I can find in Google, there's no Sinhalese Empire.
    Parakramabahu belongs to Polonnaruwa :)

Parakramabahu the Great invasion of Bagan Kingdom in Burma is still disputed according to Wikipedia :)

And as far as I can tell, he did not conquer much of Burma,
    Spoiler :

Then, on the Bagan side, they don't even mention the Sri Lankan invasion :
    Spoiler :

The new king is Naratheinka, son of Narathu, showing that there's no direct rule of Sinhalese kingdom over the Burma even for a short time.

Therefore, the argument of a Sinhalese empire rules Burma is still highly disputed.
    I think the addition of Sri Lankan civilization might be great, but we still need to wait for how big the Sri Lankan island will be.

5. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

You can find Sinhalese Empire on google if you search good.
    And 0,875 million km2 is large enough to consider a country an empire,as there were many smaller empires
    Representing a country with so much history as independents would be a shame

6. BenZL43

Why don't u just give a link or whatever about that?

I never said 0,875 million km2 is small, just is the Ceylon in-game is big enough for a civ.
    These Sinhalese civilization almost always rule inside the island, anyway.
    Only few stands out and conquer others, and did not last long.

7. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

8. BenZL43

Okay, got it.
    No.
    Afaik in RFC term they have totally different meaning.
    Sinhalese Empire = Sinhalese Civilization. You can't generalize it to a single Kingdom. There's independent Buddhist Maldive Kingdom, whom might be of Sinhalese descent, that rule it when Kingdom of Polonarruwa rules Sri Lanka.

I've read the full article and after doing more reading elsewhere, I can say the following quotes is correct as they only refer to Sinhalese Empire, which refer to Sinhalese Civilization, not a single kingdom.

Spoiler :

I still don't see why putting independent city of Anuradhapura in Ceylon and Maa-le in Maldives is not enough to represent the Sinhalese civilization.

9. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

If Sri Lanka is a large enough island in the game,then it should be represented.
    And Sri Lanka has a lot of history,they built great monuments,had great cities,conquered territories and are more then worthy enough to be in this mod.
    "Sinhalese Empire" should be a dynamic name for Sri Lanka if they control a large territory,"Kingdom of Sri Lanka" should be the name if they only control Sri Lanka.
    Representing a country with so much history with ONE independent city is an insult to its name and the word "civilization".

10. BenZL43

I'm sure Jerusalem also have lots of history.. Kingdom of Judea.. Found religion.. Built many monuments.. temples.. yet they're only an independent city in RFC.

11. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

If Sri Lanka is a large enough island in the game,then it should be represented

12. Kartoffelvampir

Kartoffelvampir Chieftain

Wouldn't the Maurya win a domination-victory long before reaching that goal ?

Civilizations which cover over half of the map are pretty difficult to implement, in that case the Maurya's and the Moghuls. I think the mod would work better between the assassination of the last Maurya-Emporer in 185 BCE and the height of the Mughal-Empire in 1600/1650.

13. Osmowstroyer

Osmowstroyer Chieftain

Please make the map a huge one to include all those civs, it will add more realism.

14. shbSara

shbSara Chieftain

This did not get anywhere, did it? :(

15. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

16. Levas/Alis

Levas/Alis Chieftain

Hello, I would test this interesting mod (I'm a big fan of RFC, and especially SoI), but have you released another version of this mod ? 'Cause I can't actually use this SVN link, maybe a SourceForge or anything else release is available ?