Rhye's and Fall of the Triumvirates

Timidly, I show interest. Not sure if my skills are up to the task, but it could be fun if not painful.

Don't worry about skills! RFC forces civs to die and/or stay under control anyway, so there's only so much people can pick on you. Plus you'll have 3 civs in different ages, so you'll always have something new coming down the pike until the modern age... it's fun believe me! You learn more by playing, not by avoiding!

Excellent, I really hope we can pick up the final player somewhere too.

Any civ preferences gpcii?

Also, is there a "play style"? IOW - are we trying to play historically or with a role-play touch or just whatever happens happens, or etc.?

Well I can't really enforce any specific style of play. While I would prefer if players stayed somewhat true to the course of history and don't do something ridiculous like founding Hinduism as China (kiwitt!), there won't be any negative consequences besides me making passive-aggressive remarks about it.

I do want to crush Germany in the 20th century together with America though, which is the prime reason I, Tigranes and Nighthawk are locked into those civs. :lol:

I think I'm actually going to choose my preferences now after playing a bit more of RFC.

#1: Mongolia
#2: Arabia
#3: Spain

In addition, you may want to add a house rule about killing people as soon as they spawn. There are a few civs that are able to do that (Such as Spain killing Portugal a few turns after spawn).

OP updated with the new house rule and the current list of players. (Only one more!)

Link to video.

Finally! I thought this would never go off the ground! I'll be trying to organize the player-Civilization combinations right away.

Okay guys, I have put together a comprehensive list of who gets what. Please mind that this is just the first draft. I did have to disregard some #1 listings unfortunately to put everyone into one of the first 9 civs and I might have overlooked some potential geographical powerplay like we had in Triumvirate Uprising with Germany-Russia. Thus I allow you to take a good look at it and object if you aren't happy with it. I'm sure I can still switch some civs around if need be.

Pool A - Europe:
5. Greece - ReallyEvilMuff
8. Rome - gpcii
12. Vikings - Hercules90
15. Spain - Millea
16. France - methinkso
17. England - academia
18. Germany - Tigranes
20. Netherlands - Nighthawk419
22. Portugal - Imperator Knoedel

Pool B - Africa, Middle East and Russia:
1. Egypt - methinkso
4. Babylonia - Tigranes
6. Persia - Nighthawk419
7. Carthage - Millea
10. Ethiopia - academia
13. Arabia - ReallyEvilMuff
19. Russia - Imperator Knoedel
21. Mali - Hercules90
26. Turkey - gpcii

Pool C - America and East Asia:
2. India - Imperator Knoedel
3. China - academia
9. Japan - Hercules90
11. Maya - gpcii
14. Khmer - Tigranes
23. Inca - ReallyEvilMuff
24. Mongolia - Millea
25. Aztec - methinkso
27. America - Nighthawk419

Turn Order:
1. Egypt - methinkso
2. India - Imperator Knoedel
3. China - academia
4. Babylonia - Tigranes
5. Greece - ReallyEvilMuff
6. Persia - Nighthawk419
7. Carthage - Millea
8. Rome - gpcii
9. Japan - Hercules90
10. Ethiopia - academia
11. Maya - gpcii
12. Vikings - Hercules90
13. Arabia - ReallyEvilMuff
14. Khmer - Tigranes
15. Spain - Millea
16. France - methinkso
17. England - academia
18. Germany - Tigranes
19. Russia - Imperator Knoedel
20. Netherlands - Nighthawk419
21. Mali - Hercules90
22. Portugal - Imperator Knoedel
23. Inca - ReallyEvilMuff
24. Mongolia - Millea
25. Aztec - methinkso
26. Turkey - gpcii
27. America - Nighthawk419

The only thing I see is ReallyEvilMuff having the Arabs and Greece, he should expand right to himself and then east-west and have a powerful core in the middle east. But, ce' la vie. Whoever has the Arabs is going to have a nice advantage for a time either way!

and btw, this game is going to take FOREVER. 10+ years. Look at that final list by the industrial age! lol

Haha I was gonna say imp knodel has a good advantage in terms of tech as he has 3 very nice teching empires... Should they all last.

So, should I switch one of ReallyEvilMuffin's civs around? Any suggestions?

If not the game will start tomorrow.

So to be sure that I understand, Rome doesn't start until the 90th turn, therefore I wont be playing for a while. Correct?

Also, are the UHVs the same in the MP as mentioned in the civlopedia of the RFC Mod?

So to be sure that I understand, Rome doesn't start until the 90th turn, therefore I wont be playing for a while. Correct?

Also, are the UHVs the same in the MP as mentioned in the civlopedia of the RFC Mod?

Yup. In fact most of us won't play for a while. I did reorganize player-civ pairs so that everyone can get into the game as early as possible with at least one civ. Nevertheless that is still 97 turns for Hercules who is the last one to join in as Japan. I mean just look at the other RFC PBEM, we have been playing for months and it will still be a week or two until Japan spawns there.

I suppose so, I did not notice any differences so far at least. When in doubt just look it up again ingame during one of your turns.

Also I only just now noticed that Nighthawk is Persia, Tigranes Babylon and I India. Oh boy, this is going to be hilarious.

Btw guys it would probably be a good idea to get each others e-mail addresses, especially when the turn order becomes really confusing later on.

And we are off! Autosave has been sent to methinkso, who will send his turn back to me. I will then send it on to academia who will send it to Tigranes from whom it goes back to methinkso.

The four of us will be alone for the first 50 turns or so before the first new civs start popping up.

Top Bottom