Rhye's and Fall of the Triumvirates

Yes, GPSed the same day to Rickety...

The vikings are coming ! (but hercules only starts playing next turn)

The vikings are coming ! (but hercules only starts playing next turn)

I am just going to get a helmet out of the armory.

What do you think: simple bowl shaped with sturdy lining and chain mail (neck protection) as well or the more elaborate helmet with horns attached to look more menacing?

I am just going to get a helmet out of the armory.

What do you think: simple bowl shaped with sturdy lining and chain mail (neck protection) as well or the more elaborate helmet with horns attached to look more menacing?

:viking:

Meanwhile, after 10(ten!) Greek Wonders in the row, our World finally saw Babylonian Wonder completed:

I have finally gotten around to updating the OP, or at the very least I got to make significant presentation improvements that should present relevant information more clearly than before. Everybody please check for themselves if the UHV goals and the scores overall are correct.

There's some more stuff I would like to change, but I'm asking for your opinions first:

For easier reading of the OP, should I color-code each player (e.g. every line about Hercules and his civs would be red, every line about Tigranes and his civs would be blue)? If so, who should get what color? Should replacements share the color of their predecessor?

I'd also amend the house rules a bit based on your input:

• The one and only rule we seem to have is "no spawnkilling". Should I clarify that more or should we rely on the good judgment of each player on an honor basis to not unfairly wipe out a civ the first few turns after they spawned?
  • IIRC we introduced that rule because Persia got killed literally immediately before they even got an active turn to play, would it therefore perhaps be fair if we were to not count their death against the score of Nighthawk's replacement player?
  • Should we perhaps restrict city and/or unit trading in some form?
  • Should we instate any rules regarding trades between civs of the same player like e.g. no declaration of war?
  • Should we restrict changing another civ's civics and/or state religion via espionage somehow, like e.g. you may only do that if you have more espionage points against the civ you are staging a coup than they have against you?
  • Should we enforce vassal tribute like e.g. a master can demand one resource per turn per vassal and if the vassal doesn't comply they have to cancel their capitulation immediately?
  • Any further suggestions?
When it comes to replacement players, should they "inherit" the score of the original player they're replacing?

Speaking of, we still need an actual replacement for Millea, whose poor one-landlocked-city-in-France Carthage has temporarily been taken over by me, only that "temporarily" has now been half a year. :lol:
By turn 193 (15 turns from now) at the latest we need a real permanent replacement for Millea as that's when their second civ, Spain, spawns.

We also still technically need a replacement for Nighthawk, but that can wait until turn 213 when the Netherlands spawn.

Also I'm like 99% certain that ReallyEvilMuff has been replaced by another player ages ago but I don't actually know who. Some admin I am. :lol:

Btw, is methinkso still around, lurking in the shadows, waiting for France to spawn?

Edit: It just occurred to me that this game has been going on for more than FOUR years! :eek:

OP is fine now, well done.

Wasn't REM replaced by Ricketyclik ? He's the only poster not in your OP list

I don't know, that's why I'm asking. :lol:

@ricketyclik are you playing Greece?

Yes he does. I am his loyal vassal.

IIRC we introduced that rule because Persia got killed literally immediately before they even got an active turn to play, would it therefore perhaps be fair if we were to not count their death against the score of Nighthawk's replacement player?

It was protracted war of at least 10-15 turns. But yes, he declared on me from the start (just like AI controlled Persia does in DoC even). It was a fair fight and I did not use any exploits. But yes, it might have cost me one UHV, because I was more interested in protecting myself and fighting NH rather than scoring a point but being eliminated. So I focused on units rather than population and culture. But I don't think we should force anyone to play "historically" baring obvious exploits and killing the initial stack during the first turn.

Last edited:
  • Should we perhaps restrict city and/or unit trading in some form?
    [*]Should we instate any rules regarding trades between civs of the same player like e.g. no declaration of war?

[*]Should we restrict changing another civ's civics and/or state religion via espionage somehow, like e.g. you may only do that if you have more espionage points against the civ you are staging a coup than they have against you?

Top Bottom