Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II

2010:

World war against me...
But after 10 turns I could get peace with England (giving a city in Africa),
and Rome is not joining that bastard cogniac maniac...

But France gas not mechanized inf.,
some of the leaders are well into modern age, while I have stopped tech
after Repl. Parts....

I keep on keeping on in my homeland and the Eastern European front.

I only wish to keep what I have reached so far...

We Hungarians call it "April joke" :)

But now to serious matters:

HELP!

RMC:

There is a rule that who has ALL local (non-import) luxury source gets 15 points
NOW
I need the last such luxury: silk. All others I have. Do I get the 15 points if:

I put a city in the last turn onto a silk?
It would be in Korea, would mean war in the very last turn and would mean
I have no harbor to trade it "home" to the capital...
But I would have a city that has the non-import silk!

Do I get the points? :)

I need quick answer (we have a deadline...)!

OK, I solved it, put this last city near a silk in Japanese land
but got a Korean silk with it! :)

So the war was against Japan but I never saw a Japanese ship trying to land units in the 2 turns that left...
BTW, I needed NO harbor - how come?

In the last 20 turns there was peace and
finally Rome and Frrance fell against each other
- how I waited for that! :)

It was a game I loved, even though the result is not much,
I calculated a total of 630 points

England had 2 SpaceShip parts built,
Japan had culture 34155...

No point given for my histographic victory as such? :(

Okay, just submitted my rcm1 saves...I hope not too late :sad:

- 35k victory in 1552 AD (almost 600 culture per turn)
- about 60 cities, 18% landmass, 51% poplulation
- score 2200 (1700 of which is territory) two turns before victory...4825 after victory
- Europe is completely mine with the exception of England & Scandinavia
- all European civs eliminated except England, Scand., France & Portugal & Dutch
- Flintlock & Free Artistry researched, not Astronomy & Banking etc.. (Temple of Baal is just too valuable :D )
- England built nearly all religious wonders they were able to, and managed to get two cities into the top 5 (they also have some additional techs). But, weird enough, they don't have colonies anywhere.

- two MGLs, no SGL (were they disabled?!), two or three culture flips
- not a single naval unit built

- never war with India, Mongolia, Scand., Zulu, Carthago and the 3 east-asia civs

The most idiotic AI was Scandinavia: They had 10+ cities, and with dozends of Berserks they aimlessly wandered around in Russia and later Arabia, without ever declaring war. (On some occasions they could have even captured undefended cities!) Admittedly my total military was strong compared to theirs, but far spread, and they really could have hurt me if only they wanted to...

Okay, I hope to have RMC2 posted by this weekend, but no promises.
Me and Rhymes will get to checking the submissions very soon, we should have results (and awards) within a week or two.

And here's my score calculation for RMC1:

Europe goals add up to 360 (not achieved: Engl.,Scan.,all starting loc.,all eliminated)
+ 65 (Persian goals)
+ 25 (no African route goals)
+ 50 (Israel)
+ 165 = 15x11 early city bonus
+ 30 (most culture@1500AD)
+ 70 (all Muslim wonders)
+ 50 (Mecca bonus)
+ 30 (3 of the top 5 cities)
+ 90 = 5x18% territory
+ 482.5 game score
+ 300 cultural victory
+ 300 before 1700AD

= 2017.5 (not counting a possible earliest victory...)

V. Soma said:
what is the "game score" item?
1 rmc pt for 10 "firaxis score" pts, as shown in the victory screen (with a maximum of 600/6000). I'm still wondering how the final score is calculated, as in my game it's more than twice the score of the last turn...perhaps due to the quite early victory?

ah, so here is the score for winning as by histograph,
then I add 200 (2005/100) to my 630 and end as 830

Blas, do you read this? :)
(it may be for a last place but still...)

karmina said:
And here's my score calculation for RMC1:

Europe goals add up to 360 (not achieved: Engl.,Scan.,all starting loc.,all eliminated)
+ 65 (Persian goals)
+ 25 (no African route goals)
+ 50 (Israel)
+ 165 = 15x11 early city bonus
+ 30 (most culture@1500AD)
+ 70 (all Muslim wonders)
+ 50 (Mecca bonus)
+ 30 (3 of the top 5 cities)
+ 90 = 5x18% territory
+ 482.5 game score
+ 300 cultural victory
+ 300 before 1700AD

= 2017.5 (not counting a possible earliest victory...)

nice game, I went with more the domination route. A cultural game would have been interesting, I just didn't have the time to do two different games :).

Listen, people, I'm not gonna comment on all of your guesses and questions about your score, because the only score that matters is that which me or Rhymes award the submission, and we haven't completely discussed the details yet.
Please wait and see what your final score is.
Thank you.

yea, but based on the original scoring method we can closly guess what we got. When I was doing the scoring it wasn't to be an offical scoring, but more because I set goals for myself and set out to accomplish them.

It doesn't matter if my score ends up the highest or the lowest. I wrote down in textpad the goals that I wanted to accomplish and when. I accomplished all the goals I set aside. Thus I'm happy with my game :).

Blasphemous said:
Listen, people, I'm not gonna comment on all of your guesses and questions about your score, because the only score that matters is that which me or Rhymes award the submission, and we haven't completely discussed the details yet.
Thank you.

Yes, sir! :worship:

Blasphemous said:
Thank you.

I'll be there tomorow on MSN, If we dont catch each other send me the submission gmail password and the other details on my gmail.

i tried downloading the mod in the separate pieces and could not get parts 3 and 4 of the expansion to work. winzip says that it doesn't seem to be a valid file and could not open them.

Noone has posted here in over a year, but I just had to vent a little.. tried playing as the aztecs, got really frustrated.. I can understand not letting many civs walk through mountains and jungle, but hey.. the S. American civs excelled at that ..otherwise, they would never have had a civ. their workers should be able to clear jungle and swamp from the getgo.. and their warriors should be able to cross all terrain.. otherwise, with such limited space in S. and C. America.. they are too badly handicapped..
but love some of the other improvements such as the sea travel.
thanks, just needed to vent..
Shaughn

??? the last post was from 2 days before yours?

That's the whole point of this mod, for realistic expansion, and devlopment. The South American civs have one distinct advantage though, a early culture victory. With their abilty to enslave, and then sacrifice workers. They have a pretty good shot at culture victory prior to the European arrival to the new world. I've done it with all three of the MesoAmerican civs on Emperor. On the expansion note, they didn't excel at that style of exapsion. Neither the aztecs or the mayans expanded out of the central american region, and the inca didn't make it off the west coast of S. America. This is one of the most realistic Earth mods ever.

The only civ that I think really has very little shot at a victory are the Zulu's. They have no real advantage in the culture game, no early neighbors to trade with, no good expansion spots, no late game UU, and no natural resources to trade late game. I've beat the mod with every other civ in at least one of the major victory categories but have failed to achieve anything other then a score victory with the Zulu's.

Just my ten cents. I can't wait to see the results of the first challange, and the unvieling of the second one :).

Top Bottom