Rhye’s of Civilization - the fastest loading mod is a modpack that attempts to make a realistic and historically correct Civilization III game based on an Earth map, without pre-placed cities.
This is the second thread dedicated to the mod. The first one is the biggest in CivFanatics' Forums and was closed after growing up to 300 pages in only one year.
The "basic" Rhye’s of Civilization 2.0 was released in February 2004, and was developed until that summer by Rhye.
From September to December 2004 its Expansion Pack was made. A whole team worked on it.
In brief, it features:
- A 170x170 world map (A separate biq for the random map is included)
- Special rules for speed improvement:loading times are reduced up to 95%
- New terrain graphics and new team colours
- A new resource system that makes the game develop like real history (Earth map only)
- Three new civilizations : Austria, Ethiopia and Israel
- A revised rule system, that corrects any inaccuracy of the original game
- 158 new units (including cultural-based animations and a 2nd unique unit for each civ)*
- 25 new wonders*
- A totally redesigned tech tree*
- Complete civilopedia entries*
You can find more info in the official site
This mod needs the English/US version of Conquests, patched to 1.22.
Download here the 160MB installer:
This installer contains the "expanded" version.
You can check the old thread if you prefer to download the basic mod or the expansion pack, in smaller zips: