Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II

I want this mod.. I want it so very much..
but I just have Civ3 Vanilla.. :cry: :cry: :cry:
and no Xtra money... :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Anyways it's so undescribable nice =)

I downloaded this mod not too long ago. I usually avoid mods becuase they rehash the game and it doesn't feel like the same game/feeling. This MOD is awesome I played twice and I thought it was just awesome. Rhye thanks for an awesome MOD... its funny, when you play the Mod you sometimes ask yourself, Sid who? :D

Oh! and I have a request! :D IF possible I would like to see Ancient Civs (Rome, Babylon, Persia etc...) cahnged into modern civs... (Iran, Afghanistan, Italy...) that would be awesome... I just hate being in the year 1960+ and i am at war with Sumeria.... also modern civ make it more interesting, i cannot imagine living in the age of Rome, but i can imagine Italy beeing at war with europe or something like that (ww2). Anywho is anyone can that would be a great "option" in the Rhye Mod, offering modern nations.

NukeEm said:
Oh! and I have a request! :D IF possible I would like to see Ancient Civs (Rome, Babylon, Persia etc...) cahnged into modern civs... (Iran, Afghanistan, Italy...) that would be awesome... I just hate being in the year 1960+ and i am at war with Sumeria.... also modern civ make it more interesting, i cannot imagine living in the age of Rome, but i can imagine Italy beeing at war with europe or something like that (ww2). Anywho is anyone can that would be a great "option" in the Rhye Mod, offering modern nations.
Someone might just change the leaderheads for each era to a new leader. And then you could just rename each civ to something generic like "Mesopotamia" or "Italy" or whatever..... just a thought.

Miguel Lerdo said:
Since when have missionary converted an entire civilization without Conquistadors or a decision by the ruler? Other games (Call to Power?) have had missionaries that would approach cities and try to convert you at their own risk. But I love the mod anyway.

It’s 850AD and several European civilizations have moved in on my South America, but still no sign of the Spanish. Perhaps they are programmed to attack Mexico. I was prepared to kick the Europeans off the continent ASAP, but the Portuguese are friendly with me and busy fighting it out with the weaker Romans and Egyptians. So, I’ve got an Army that I don’t know what to do with. I could take the Portuguese colonies and later incur their wrath or I could move north and take Central America from the Mayans. I may need the Mayans as allies against the Spanish so maybe I should sit tight and wait for the Spanish.
Ya know, the Spanish are just another Civ in RoCX. They're not programmed to attack anybody. In fact, in my North/South American games, they were pretty weak, and barely got in a few cities in Africa/ South America. It's not a game requirement that Europe pwns South America; once, as Inca, I had taken most of the continent by the time the Euros arrived, and I repelled them/stole their colonies effectively! By the way, being half-Hispanic, I should try the Aztecs some time. Now I want to give Spain hell, lol! :crazyeye:

Also, the religions were picked based on what that culture eventually turned to, one way or another. (Even though Japan has traditionally remained more Shinto, and India more Hindu, the modern religion Buddhism is more gameplay effective, giving both countries the oppurtunity to compete with the other Buddhist nations for the Potala Palace, along with the ability to build Asian "cathedrals.") It could be true that in your game- not necessarily a mirror of the real world- Spain was a minor player in your history, and Christianity was introuduced peacefully and popularly in your culture.

You can always go in the editor and change the religions associated with a Civ. To do this, go to the Civilizations tab in the Rules Editor, and change the third Free Tech to whichever modern religion you like. (Note that there are two of each religion in the pull down menu, I'm not sure why. Every Civ has the top one selected, so make sure to do the same.)

Again, the game was balanced extensively (currently RoC v2.69, RoCX v1.23) the way it is, and changing it in a major way could affect the gameplay a lot, but feel free to tweak it so long as the name remains the same! :king:

Hope I was of some help!
¡Vaya con dios! ¡Destruye los conquistadores! ;)
SilverKnight

Clashing of Empire - the small brother of RoCX - has reached version v4.

Now the game has gone through lots of testing, it has a new small wonder
Christianity for the African and American civs and many other important changes.
(In earlier versions it had already new wonders introduced such as
The Academia (Roman), Pax Romana (well, Roman), Temple of Odin (Scandinavian)).

But I do keep CoE to be essentially RoC... :)

Rhye,
we are discussing things in the CoE topic, and it leads to RoCX, so I have questions:

Camel rider upgrades to cavalry,
elephants don't upgrade to anything.
What is your concept behind this?
Is a camel more like a horse than an elephant? :)

Elephants cannot cross jungle...
Do you hold to this?
African and Asian civs have jungle in homeland, people might feel
that then elephants may be more familiar with this big green field...
(IMO: there is validity not to let elephants (they are BIG! :))
be able to cross jungle...

/EDITED/
To clear jungle, it takes 80 turns - have you ever considered it to be less?
and to allow it before Electricity?

best regards

Soma

I don't remember the exact reasons, however I'll try to reply anyway:

1) camels are a sort of cavalry, and they can upgrade only when the speed of cavalry (3) is >= the speed of the camels (2+ ignore desert).
Elephants were more a unique unit, exulating from any chain.

2) Good point. No one ever mentioned this during our tests.
Well, in case of a SE asian civ, their UU could be an elephant rider that can enter jungle...

3) If I changed something now, I'd only reduce the 80, not the tech.

While we are talking about the game I have played for a bit now and discovered a few things. First, the time to clear things like jungle and forest... WAY to high... 120 turns for marsh? thats a minumum 120 years in modern day... maybe if you put mor emen on the job. I find it too long. Second, I understand the need for realistic progression, but i have to admit im not finding th logic in not allowing units to cross into jungles (how many wars have we fought in jungles?) and mountains (this i can understand for mobile units like tanks but foot units?)

I just downloaded this and played a game, I like how the tech research goes slower than normal, gives you a chance to actually use some units before their obsolete.

I played as England on Emperor level to stay safe from attack, the Americas are a little backwards I noticed by the time my ships arrive there, is attacking that continent and trying to colonise it a good domination strategy?:king:

Penitent said:
I just downloaded this and played a game, I like how the tech research goes slower than normal, gives you a chance to actually use some units before their obsolete.

I played as England on Emperor level to stay safe from attack, the Americas are a little backwards I noticed by the time my ships arrive there, is attacking that continent and trying to colonise it a good domination strategy?:king:
If you have a powerful army aboard ur navy, yes. If your army consists of a spearman and a scout, no. :lol: (Unless you feel lucky... :spear: )

The Americas are huge and have the second least amount of civs. A domination victory would certainly be expedited by the conquest and colonization of North, Central, and South America.

NukeEm said:
Second, I understand the need for realistic progression, but i have to admit im not finding th logic in not allowing units to cross into jungles (how many wars have we fought in jungles?) and mountains (this i can understand for mobile units like tanks but foot units?)

Troops are unlikely to fight in deep jungle or high peaks. Scouts can.

No units in mountains or jungles makes the game much more interesting and a bit closer to reality. Imagine having 20 000 infantrymen cross the Alps?

There's a reason Hannibal is famous for having done it with elephants... (can carthage's elephants cross mountain in this mod?)

RoC has left me somewhat unfulfilled when playing the original :) / :(

I hope civ 4 lives up to it :goodjob:

I just found this Mod and all I can says is Wow! I've always liked playing on the world map, and this is simply the ultimate world map mod. Tried a Monarch game as Scandanavia, was going well, (maybe too easy), until I accidently told the Germans to screw off when they wanted 24 gold and I got a 12 on 1 dogpile that I wasn't ready for :crazyeye: 10 more turns and I probably would have managed but...

I tried again as Spain, on Emperor, figured here is my chance to finally use the damn Conquistadors, They are really a good choice if you like to try for Cultural win, or even if not, the Religous special is quite good even with the changes to Anarchy. My inital warrior found a goody hut and got another warrior (which in this case was actually quite nice), so I built a monument, figuring I could suffocate Portugal with my superior culture. It worked beautifully, and even tho I only had 4 cities, it was more than enough. I built improvements, especially cultural ones in Madrid, and bided my time loading up on spearmen waiting for Chivalry and the tercios...upgraded the whole mess at once and swarmed poor Portugal who I had kept down by not trading techs with. Now all Iberia is Spanish and the colonization of S America just beginning and I started to think OK this is kinda easy too, but then Black Death on all my best cities (BAH!) ;) and the Vikings Declared war on me so it could be much tougher than I think...especially since the Germans look rather strong. Its a long way to go!

I think I can get a cultural win tho if I keep going this way, its around 1400 I think and Madrid is double any other cities culture and overall Im about even with Japan. I'm gonna try to build a nice colonial empire, and use those luxuries to stay strong while I continue to work on culture. Iberia looks easy to defend, just have to watch out not to get another dogpile!

Welcome to Civfanatics, Indigo13! It sounds like you're having a lot of fun with the game. I also found it much more fun than the regular Civ3 game. Good luck keeping those neighbors off your back.

Welcome, indigo! You will find that RoC is trillions better than normal Civ III. Good luck with the evil dogs! (really bad joke there... anyone catch it?)

indigo13 said:
Are you mocking my conquistadors? ;)
Actually, no. I was making a reference to your AI neighbors dogpiling you. bad joke... i know. :lol:

nice guess, though. I hadnt thought of that.

i've decided to take over the job of organizing the game of the month from Blasphemous.

For now I'll only check the savegame and post the results. I think it MUST be done.
I don't know about future MCs, I'll need to find someone helping.

Blasp, when can I find you on icq?

Top Bottom