Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II

Rhye, do you care if we name the cities that we found to the real names, ie. Havana??

How do you find the exact coordinates of a square during the game?

Did you know that the Dutch perform ritual sacrifice even in the Industrial age? My citizens are SO civilized...

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

(Gunfire)

PULP FICTIONED!!!

Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that **** ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.

Been playing Rhyes of Civilization for a while. Great game. I just downloaded the expansion pack. I installed it and I have the current versions but I still get a load error. It says
Load Error
Missing entry in "Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization\text\Pedialcons.txt".
ICON_BLDG_Statue_of_Liberty
The game will now exit

I installed the expansion pack two times and I keep getting the same errot. Hope someone can help out

Thanks

I had the same problem when installing the mod on a friend's pc. I think is due to the language of your original game, since RoX works with the English Edition. I have base civ3 in english and conquests in italian and i had no problems, my friend had both in italian.

farewell.

I'm a big fan of RoC and already played many games. On CivFanatics I read something about a one city challenge and decided to give it a go using the Austrians in RoX. What do I say, it went really good, the easiest game I had so far. I will have a 13k cultural victory by 1990. It's late industrial age and I'm researching at 5 turns/tech, have 7000 gold, +250gpt through tech trades, tech leadership and 180 shields per turn which I have to waste on 100 shield units because there is nothing else I can build. Vienna has 12 or so wonders. Maybe I will raize some nearby cities to increase my territory. :D
The fact that I can be tech-leader with only one city shows that Rhye did a good job in trying to take away power from large empires. Of course Democracy, Newton, Shapespeare and the Olympic games are necessary to do this.

Fixed this problem. I was missing some files. This is great. I especially like choosing religions part. Played as romans. all of sudded, France declared war on me. then Spain, Greece, Germany, Austria and Byzantine declared war on me. WOW!! :eek: :eek:

I'm at 1800AD. Trying for cultural victory so I keep building big projects in Europe, and I'm finding it hard to get enough military units to conquest as fast as I'd like in Asia.

Managed to stay ahead of England in gold, but they are up replaceable parts. I was helped when England wasted its gold reserves getting half the world to declare on me in the 18th century. Fought a mini-Boer War with them in South Africa.

As I've noticed before with this mod, the only civ doing a lot of colonising is me, the human. South America and California are wide open, if only I could go there. What does it take to get the AI to colonise intelligently? All they do is put a few colonies down in the places where they know rubber will pop up.

These are my 1800AD stats. Is anyone else doing the East India route?

Have more gold than England & Spain at 1800AD: 60pts
Have more culture than any known civ at 1800AD: 30pts
"We are technologically advanced!" in 1800AD: 20pts
6 luxuries: 30pts
top 2 cities in top 5 list: 10pts
Amsterdam bonus: 60pts
Game score at 1800: 792: 7pts
MALUS: inland cities, Zimbabwe and Delhi: -10pts

THE EAST INDIA TRADING COMPANY
Zulu eliminated by 1800AD: 30pts
Control Arabian & Indian starting locations by 1800AD: 20pts
Found "Kaapstad": 30pts
12 cities in Africa: 75pts
1 city in Australia: 10pts
1 city in South-East Asia: 5pts
No Spanish, Portuguese, or English cities in Africa, Asia and Oceania: 60pts

Uff, with my made-of-wood pc I have to wait about 20 minutes for a turn. So I have still about 400 minutes of nothing but wait for the culture to grow, damn. I think that I'll wait some days to take back the game

Danger Bird said:
What does it take to get the AI to colonise intelligently? All they do is put a few colonies down in the places where they know rubber will pop up.

Seems perfectly intelligent to me! That's what I do.

playshogi said:
Seems perfectly intelligent to me! That's what I do.
Good point. I guess what I meant is that the AI is too rational about it. The AI civs don't have a thirst for conquest of large empires in the Americas, Asia, etc., like the European colonial powers did. They rarely attack American civs; more often they ally with them against their old world enemies. Their behaviour (just a few rubber or gem colonies) probably is intelligent because when I've tried to build several cities in a food/shield-rich area like Argentina, the cities are never very productive until the game is almost over.

Rhye,
I am playin the RGC2 - The Dutch - The western way.

I am at the 1800 checkpoint
- and I eliminated the Incas and the Mayans.
Or so I believe...

But when I finished with the Incas (in about 1740),
the program "paused" for a long time and then did NOT say
"we have destroyed..."...
Oh, I say, there is a settler somewhere, I say.
But I COULD NOT FIND no Incans in the whole of South-America,
and also not in the Pacific - nowhere!

OK, am I just unlucky?

Now, in 1800 I have captured the last Mayan city.
AND THE SAME PHENOMENON occurs:
The Mayans are myteriously staying alive,
although I am clearly positive about it that
THERE IS NOT a single Mayan unit on the map!

What can I do?

i can't get this to show up in the Civ-content. I have downloaded it and everything is in the correct path. I have the Civilization Complete. Need help.

V. Soma said:
Rhye,
I am playin the RGC2 - The Dutch - The western way.

I am at the 1800 checkpoint
- and I eliminated the Incas and the Mayans.
Or so I believe...

But when I finished with the Incas (in about 1740),
the program "paused" for a long time and then did NOT say
"we have destroyed..."...
Oh, I say, there is a settler somewhere, I say.
But I COULD NOT FIND no Incans in the whole of South-America,
and also not in the Pacific - nowhere!

OK, am I just unlucky?

Now, in 1800 I have captured the last Mayan city.
AND THE SAME PHENOMENON occurs:
The Mayans are myteriously staying alive,
although I am clearly positive about it that
THERE IS NOT a single Mayan unit on the map!

What can I do?

So, they still show up in the diplomacy?
I really don't know...they could have a settler wandering around...I'll see when you send the files.

Currently, as far as I know, 13 players have joined RGC2 (HARLEQUIN717, JEFF1787,BLACKBEARD,DANGER BIRD,SILVERKNIGHT,THREE CROWNS,VIPER275,UWS,WINTERFELL,GAIAS,RIKER,INDIGO13,SOMA)

If this confirms when I receive the saves, I'll change the rating system, giving some points to the 4th and 5th (applying retroactively to RMC1 too) instead of just the first 3 positions.

Top Bottom