1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Rhye, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

The MP is already finished. It is on the site (see alternative versions).

2. Gunner

Gunner Chieftain

I once conquered all of Europe and Russia, most of Africa, most of South America, Mongolia, and most of the Middle East in a game as England. I don't remeber the exact territory percentage, because it was one of the older versions where it was super high and I had no chance of reaching it. So I eventually got bored and built a spaceship. Conquering the world sure is hard work. :D
    It seems to me that anyone who goes for a domination victory will conquer all of Europe and Russia first because thats where the player probably is.

3. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Chieftain

:aargh:

As Korea, I keep getting beaten up by the Mongolians! Right after I found my second city, I'm surrounded by warriors and archers which are nigh impossible to beat back with spearmen! I can never get Bronze Working fast enough to scare them away, and they keep coming straight for me as I try to build a ship to take my settlers to distant shores.

Korea's tough, man! :twitch:

4. Blackbird_SR-71

Blackbird_SR-71 Spying from 85,000 ft

How come that Americans are scientific instead of expansionist? i think expansionist is the correct trait for the Americans

5. Gunner

Gunner Chieftain

Yeah, I think that expansionist is better for the Americans too, yet they really turn out pretty well as it is. So there really is no reason to change a country which is perfectly balanced already even if it is a bit incorrect.

6. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

correct, they are perfectly balanced as runner up in the tech race, the scientific trait helps.
    But it is not incorrect. America was the world leader in technology, until 10-15 years ago; for this reason we can consider America scientific, too.

7. Rhymes

Rhymes Drive 4 25 is back

I'm still having loads of fun with this mod, after achieving cultural victory with spain through south american colonies (best game I ever had), I'm now trying japan, with the challenge to make no conquest or provoked war until the 20th century!

And I was wondering if you have any plans on releasing a new version/patch of the mod sometimes in the futur.

8. Gunner

Gunner Chieftain

Well not incorrect, I just believe it to be less accurate than the other. We really don't need to start a discussion about this though. Whatever is the most fun when we play the game, thats the point.

9. Coolmore

Coolmore Spelin Ekspert

Well it's very different

10. AndrewH

AndrewH Admiral Thinks im genius

Now let me try out this beast....

Its not working... someone please help me here. I download the thing perfectly. It tells me to look in the Civ-Content Folder. So i do. But it is not there. What is wrong. could it be the fact that i have the Civ III:Complete version. If this is the problem you should make a version compatable for this because i really want to play this. :(

11. Blasphemous

Blasphemous Graulich

@Rhymes: Rhye will release another patch if anything big comes up... So far a patch at this time would only be an accumulation of lots and lots of tiny, insignificant fixes. So go and hunt some major bugs. :D

@All: Maybe we should do a GOTM-type contest for RoX? I was thinking every month we'd select, perhaps at random, a civ, a difficulty level, and victory conditions (only one or two each time), plus extra criteria (like early/late victory, high score, high approval rating, big/small treasury, etc), and even some variants, and then everyone would have a month (or perhaps, seeing as this mod makes the games a bit long, two months) to submit a winning save to whoever organizes the contest... I'd probably take a shot at it, if I don't end up being the organizer... What do the rest of you think?

12. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

-> I don't know exactly what's the directory structure of civ3 complete. I need that information to make a compatible version.

-> As Blas said, there's a list of tiny fixes, nothing worth a patch for now.

->The GOTM is a good idea, but is it a thing about the whole CFC, organized by the CFC staff, or is it a thing to be organized by yourself? (in that case, you could take this role)

13. Blasphemous

Blasphemous Graulich

I was thinking something more local... Just within our thread... Every game could be organized by one or two different people, or perhaps always by the same people, or there could be one person who's always an organizer, but that person can choose other people to help him with the task every time... But hey, if the CFC GOTM staff wants to add an RoX contest to their live of GOTMs, that would be great too.

14. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

I doubt about a CFC contest.

So you can start organizing now if you want :) I'll open a new page in the site, if you're doing it.
    Did you mean world map or random map?

15. Blasphemous

Blasphemous Graulich

That could change from game to game...
    But I won't start it before I see at least five more people interested in playing.
    Also, since I've never really looked into the way the official CFC GOTM works, I would be interested in knowing what rules they have that are applicable to a predetermined map...

16. Blackbird_SR-71

Blackbird_SR-71 Spying from 85,000 ft

hey Blasphemous,

i'll be interested in playing a GOTM of RoX if you get it running.

17. AndrewH

Is there a way that i can open Conquests, through complete?

Well, if you ever make it compatible for Complete. Tell me.

Or maybe theres something that i could help you with...

18. Gunner

Gunner Chieftain

AndrewH, Rhye just said that he needed the information of how your directories were arranged in order to get it to work for Complete.

I could do a game of the month type of thing. That would be nice because it would give some flexibility as to when you needed to play the game.

19. Rhymes

Rhymes Drive 4 25 is back

I'm definately in if we start a RoX GOTM!! It should not be based on JAson points though...

I think its worth a shot asking Thunderfall what he could do to help out. But even if its local and only like 10 of us participate it's still gonna be worth it imo.

I think the best idea is to rotate the organiser....

Edit: You were thinking about random map RoX, right?

20. AndrewH

I dont really understand what you mean by that... Do you want me to put all of the scenario names in order? or do i have to find some script thing. Because im not so great at computers...