Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II

Chad said:
What's the biggest empire any of you have built in RoCX? I had a game with Mongolia that ended with me having the pop. requirements for domination, but I was 3% shy of the territory requirement. Of course this empire included all of North and South America. Has anyone been able to conquer ALL of Europe/Asia?
A domination victory without conquering the Americas would be quite impressive and worthy of a tale of how it was done (accompanied by screenshots). :D

I once conquered all of Europe and Russia, most of Africa, most of South America, Mongolia, and most of the Middle East in a game as England. I don't remeber the exact territory percentage, because it was one of the older versions where it was super high and I had no chance of reaching it. So I eventually got bored and built a spaceship. Conquering the world sure is hard work. :D
It seems to me that anyone who goes for a domination victory will conquer all of Europe and Russia first because thats where the player probably is.

:aargh:

As Korea, I keep getting beaten up by the Mongolians! Right after I found my second city, I'm surrounded by warriors and archers which are nigh impossible to beat back with spearmen! I can never get Bronze Working fast enough to scare them away, and they keep coming straight for me as I try to build a ship to take my settlers to distant shores.

Korea's tough, man! :twitch:

How come that Americans are scientific instead of expansionist? i think expansionist is the correct trait for the Americans

Yeah, I think that expansionist is better for the Americans too, yet they really turn out pretty well as it is. So there really is no reason to change a country which is perfectly balanced already even if it is a bit incorrect.

correct, they are perfectly balanced as runner up in the tech race, the scientific trait helps.
But it is not incorrect. America was the world leader in technology, until 10-15 years ago; for this reason we can consider America scientific, too.

I'm still having loads of fun with this mod, after achieving cultural victory with spain through south american colonies (best game I ever had), I'm now trying japan, with the challenge to make no conquest or provoked war until the 20th century!

And I was wondering if you have any plans on releasing a new version/patch of the mod sometimes in the futur.

Well not incorrect, I just believe it to be less accurate than the other. We really don't need to start a discussion about this though. Whatever is the most fun when we play the game, thats the point.

Now let me try out this beast....

Its not working... someone please help me here. I download the thing perfectly. It tells me to look in the Civ-Content Folder. So i do. But it is not there. What is wrong. could it be the fact that i have the Civ III:Complete version. If this is the problem you should make a version compatable for this because i really want to play this. :(

@Rhymes: Rhye will release another patch if anything big comes up... So far a patch at this time would only be an accumulation of lots and lots of tiny, insignificant fixes. So go and hunt some major bugs. :D

@All: Maybe we should do a GOTM-type contest for RoX? I was thinking every month we'd select, perhaps at random, a civ, a difficulty level, and victory conditions (only one or two each time), plus extra criteria (like early/late victory, high score, high approval rating, big/small treasury, etc), and even some variants, and then everyone would have a month (or perhaps, seeing as this mod makes the games a bit long, two months) to submit a winning save to whoever organizes the contest... I'd probably take a shot at it, if I don't end up being the organizer... What do the rest of you think?

-> I don't know exactly what's the directory structure of civ3 complete. I need that information to make a compatible version.

-> As Blas said, there's a list of tiny fixes, nothing worth a patch for now.

->The GOTM is a good idea, but is it a thing about the whole CFC, organized by the CFC staff, or is it a thing to be organized by yourself? (in that case, you could take this role)

I was thinking something more local... Just within our thread... Every game could be organized by one or two different people, or perhaps always by the same people, or there could be one person who's always an organizer, but that person can choose other people to help him with the task every time... But hey, if the CFC GOTM staff wants to add an RoX contest to their live of GOTMs, that would be great too.

That could change from game to game...
But I won't start it before I see at least five more people interested in playing.
Also, since I've never really looked into the way the official CFC GOTM works, I would be interested in knowing what rules they have that are applicable to a predetermined map...

AndrewH, Rhye just said that he needed the information of how your directories were arranged in order to get it to work for Complete.

I could do a game of the month type of thing. That would be nice because it would give some flexibility as to when you needed to play the game.

Blasphemous said:
I was thinking something more local... Just within our thread... Every game could be organized by one or two different people, or perhaps always by the same people, or there could be one person who's always an organizer, but that person can choose other people to help him with the task every time... But hey, if the CFC GOTM staff wants to add an RoX contest to their live of GOTMs, that would be great too.

I'm definately in if we start a RoX GOTM!! It should not be based on JAson points though...

I think its worth a shot asking Thunderfall what he could do to help out. But even if its local and only like 10 of us participate it's still gonna be worth it imo.

I think the best idea is to rotate the organiser....

Edit: You were thinking about random map RoX, right?

Top Bottom