Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II

Your screenshot shows that there are two different civs/nations inside the city. As long as you don`t have the majority inside the city ,the culture doesn`t grow.

That's true only for some governments. Check the civilopedia entry for Theocratic Monarchy.

i dont really understand mate. can u briefly say what it should be because i think iv already got it right but it doesnt seem to work...

im using vista 32 bit

Here you can find links for an early version of Rhye's and Rhye's Expanded. Updates and patches should be available through Rhye's own site.

I went there, downloaded the 2 rar files, extracted them and placed them in the Conquests\conquests folder, I also placed the .biz files in the Conquests\scenarios folder.

However when I try to start the Ryhes game from the conquests menu, it seems to just play a regular game of Civ 3 on Rhye's map of the world. For example, I read somewhere that if you choose to play as the Arabs then the game is supposed to begin at 632 AD and your rivals will be the Byzantines, etc. But when I chose to play as the Arabs, the year was 4,000 BC and I had no technologies.

It seems like I am not doing something right, other people here have been talking about "installing" Ryhes, but from the download provided there was no installable exe, just a biz file and subfolders entitled "art" and "text".

What am I doing wrong? Are there any installation instructions available anywhere online for this Mod?

Well, it's an early version. Why you downloaded an early version I don't know. Try going to the first page of this thread and downloading that.

For example, I read somewhere that if you choose to play as the Arabs then the game is supposed to begin at 632 AD and your rivals will be the Byzantines, etc. But when I chose to play as the Arabs, the year was 4,000 BC and I had no technologies.

There is no way in Civ3 to emulate this. Unless you make a completely new .biq with these rules changed and the only playable civ as the Arabs.

Well, it's an early version. Why you downloaded an early version I don't know. Try going to the first page of this thread and downloading that.

I have tried downloading various versions that are listed on this thread and all of them do the same thing, when I try to play them, the game starts at 4000 BC.

There is no way in Civ3 to emulate this. Unless you make a completely new .biq with these rules changed and the only playable civ as the Arabs.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here at all. Are you saying that The Rhyes of Civ Mod for Civ3 is supposed to start at 4,000 BC for all civs? And therefore the version that I have IS probably working correctly? I thought that the game starts at different times based on the civilization that you choose and that the game is supposed to progress similar to real world history. If that is not the case then perhaps the version I have is running correctly, please let me know.

Is there any easy test to confirm that the mod is running correctly?

I don't understand what you are trying to say here at all. Are you saying that The Rhyes of Civ Mod for Civ3 is supposed to start at 4,000 BC for all civs? And therefore the version that I have IS probably working correctly? I thought that the game starts at different times based on the civilization that you choose and that the game is supposed to progress similar to real world history. If that is not the case then perhaps the version I have is running correctly, please let me know.

Is there any easy test to confirm that the mod is running correctly?

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. The game start is universal for all civs and that can't be changed, it's hard-coded. You can change the universal start date though.

No. You are talking about Civ 3 right?

You have to make an entirely new scenario. The computer won't automatically put you in the Mediterranean with all your historically accurate cities. You have to do that.

No. You are talking about Civ 3 right?

You have to make an entirely new scenario. The computer won't automatically put you in the Mediterranean with all your historically accurate cities. You have to do that.

Yes I was talking about Civ 3. I was under the false impression that the Civ 3 "Rhyes" creates a world as identical to the real world as possible, whereas the Civ 4 "Ryhes and Fall" does the same thing but adds an element of unpredicatability to make the game more "replayable".

I now understand that the Civ 3 "Rhyes" does nothing of the sort and that what I should really be looking for is the Civ 4 "Rhyes and Fall". Thanks for clearing this up.

But all this begs the obvious question: If the Civ 3 "Rhyes" begins with all the civs starting at the same time (4,000 BC) with no technologies, then how is it any different from a regular game of Civ 3?

Well, it is modded in many ways. You might notice at a glance that the map is a new terrain set, the Barbarians are tougher and growth is slow (when you compare). Other features are discussed in this thread and the original thread. The idea is to make it a better game. Enjoy.

Yeah, there are a lot of new units, techs, and I believe it's on the best map of the world made here at CFC! :goodjob: It's a great game, and though I don't play this mod anymore (I play my own because, well...it's my own!) I highly endorse it.

Well, I tried this mod for a few hours and came to the conclusion that it's a pretty much a useless one.
In my random-map-game I found myself surrounded by mountains, marsh and jungle, which are impassable.
Game over!
So much for this mod!

Besides, the terrain is ugly as hell.

I take back what I posted a few hours ago. Marsh, mountains and jungles are passable by building streets with workers.
Still, the terrain is ugly!

Top Bottom