Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II

I use the in-game goals, very useful and easy to get to if you go through the 'I' button at the bottom right of the screen.

I've been doing some exploring, and ... !! Well, that's a surprise. I won't say what it is, but things are different in this game, aren't they ;)

I wrote them down, to aid my memory. Damn, I am now near 1900 and two techs behind England, with less than 200 gold while they have thousands. I missed some objectives (like more gold than england) and I have decided that some are out (I will never declare war to england and france to eradicate their americans cities, they would crush me). As always I managed to maintain peace (I remember wars only with the English in the very beginning, when they had not sailing, with the portuguese early but without fights and late with the persians, when I didn't give them a tech and with the ottomans for the same reason), even givin in to some threats. I started only two wars, with the mayans (allied with aztecs, that stole me their capital when my attack force was crushed by a wounded javelin thrower...) and with the Iroquois, to found new amsterdam. I think the game will end in about 60 turns, since I decided late to go for a cultural victory (again...) and I making only 70 cpt.
Ah, I willingly decided to lose the 30 pts for having more culture than other known civs, since I knew that Japan had more (as always) and I still wanted to meet them...

I have got a question. there is an oil source (I hope it is not considered a spoiler) on the norway coast. Some vikings city have been destroyed, so it is now in my territory, but: how can I connect it to my capital? Can't build a colony (it's in my radius and oversea) and can't build a city, since I already have got 2 cities in Europe (Amsterdam and Rotterdam) and I don't want to lose 150 pts only to get oil.
An ideas? Maybe a long long road...

The in-game list of goals is perfect. How do you find the exact coordinates of a square during the game?

Rhye, do you care if we name the cities that we found to the real names, ie. Havana??

Have any civers made a world map for this mod with the major world cities in their actual place in the real world or close?
please send a post!

Another question on the contest, are the pts for # of european cities calculated at each checkpoint or an aggregate? In other words, say one has 2 cities at 300, but 3 at 1300...

Does a local source of gunpowder mean saltpeter?

Hmm another clarification, what constitutes a 'colony city', is it only cities founded by settlers or can it be cities captured from native nations?

Actually it is, 37,55 the American start location.

An easy way to find the locations is to open up the editor. The bottom right of the editor screen tells you the coordinates of the tile the mouse is over.

OK I hit 1300, looking good, taking a break :) Lets see here, I think this is my score so far?

300 AD:
More Gold than Germany 10 pts
We are advanced: 10 pts
2 cities in Europe: 150 pts
Amsterdam bonus: 60 pts

1300 AD:
Have more gold than france: 20 pts
Have more gold than Porto: 20 pts
Discovered Firearms: 20 pts
Local source of Saltpeter: 10 pts
Discovered Falklands: 35 pts
Amsterdam Bonus: 60 pts
2 cities in Europe: 150 pts

I have a colony around Florida there, (New Oostende) and a colony in Brazil where all the gems are,next to river and sugar, and already razed new york, need a colonist to build there tho :) Golden aged recently as my swiss mercs are ravaging the Iroquois... Looks like I am doing well, but I wonder if the Eastern Route isnt potentially more powerful, ah well we shall see. Fun!

I thought you only get the Amsterdam bonus once, if you maintain it as the capital for the whole game.

Some of the goals seem like pure luck to me. For example, in my game the French, Spanish and Portuguese were destroyed and England had no American colonies, so 100 points for me, though I never fired a shot the whole game.

playshogi said:
I thought you only get the Amsterdam bonus once, if you maintain it as the capital for the whole game.

Some of the goals seem like pure luck to me. For example, in my game the French, Spanish and Portuguese were destroyed and England had no American colonies, so 100 points for me, though I never fired a shot the whole game.

Maybe so, I'm not sure, that's why I was posting so as to get some input back.

I think you get the Amsterdam and 1 or 2 cities in Europe bonus only once.

Here's my score (I think) at 1300:

300 AD:
More Gold than Germany 10 pts
We are advanced: 10 pts

1300 AD:
Have more gold than Portugal: 20pts
HAve more gold than France: 20 pts
Discovered Firearms: 20 pts
Discovered Banking: 20 pts
Local source of Saltpeter: 10 pts
Discovered New Zealand: 15 pts
Carthaginian settler got away to Malaysia (!) :mad: : nothing

Amsterdam Bonus: 60 pts
3 cities in Europe (I wasn't bold enough to go with only 2): nothing
Kaapstad bonus: 30pts
6 cities in Africa: 75pts

Now, 1432AD, I'm on my Golden Age as well, triggered while decimating the Zulu. Next step: Mecca!

my golden age came with the great lighthouse (and some other wonder built before...) by the time of christianity (and helped building templars, hagia sophia and the beginning of papal states in my two europ. cities)

Rhye & team;

Holy Moly!

I just downloaded the latest expansion pack the other day and am totally blown away by the awesome accomplishment this mod is.

The new units are terrific and even better, playing like I always do on a huge map (random), the load times are "very" reasonable. There's no way of overstating how nice that is. The games are exciting and flow well.

I honestly think Sid should take you guys out for steak and beers.

Thank you!

bshirt

ps...the only thing I changed is including Womak's incredible mountains.

-> you won't get the 150pts bonus if you have 2 cities in 300 and 3 in 1300

-> 37,55 is in the coastline

-> the amsterdam bonus in gained only once, if every checkpoint shows Amsterdam capital

-> Riker: I'm afraid you have to build another city if you want that oil to be useful. But if it's only for collecting the resources, you can say you have got it.

-> Riker: I'm afraid you have to build another city if you want that oil to be useful. But if it's only for collecting the resources, you can say you have got it.
I'll create a colony near Venezuela (or where I think it is near venezuela...). The only resources I find very hard to have are Camels and Elephants. No one have got some in surplus to trade and following the west route I can't have cities to take them... And also, why shuld Netherland bother to have that useless resources?

Top Bottom