1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Rhye, Feb 5, 2004.

?

Rate this mod!

1. I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

203 vote(s)
    66.6%
  2. A good mod, but I won't play with it

54 vote(s)
    17.7%
  3. I don't like the map

13 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. I don't like the terrain

9 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. I don't like the additions

5 vote(s)
    1.6%
  6. I don't like the rules changes

21 vote(s)
    6.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

I don't think there's a record, but if it were, this thread could be a serious threat to older (PTW) mods. 90 pages in only 6 months sounds incredible
    If you want to unsubscribe, go to the control panel and click unsubscribe under Rhye's of Civilization

2. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

in case you want to fix that, replace the biq with this:

3. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

PTW shipped with 24 playable civs, but there were free slots for adding up to 7 civs. That's what DyP did.

I tried myself adding more than 31: when I close the window, the 32th is deleted.
    If somebody gets a solution to this, please tell me.

4. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

Thank you again. Soon I'll unveil further of my future projects. There are some news!

5. Beernuts1987

Beernuts1987 Chieftain

YAY MORE GOOD NEWS!!! I didn't think it could get any better. Adding a new civ in 3 days is great!

EDIT: Oh by the way, my game as the Israelis is going well, I got EXTREMELY lucky by popping a goody hut for a settler. It is very hard to build a settler before all the other nations around you do. If you don't build it fast you will get boxed in quick. I'll let you know how the game turns out! :goodjob:

6. tacfun

tacfun Chieftain

About time Rhye...lol!

tacfun

7. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

As you can see, the balancement in Middle East have changed. There are no completely crappy civs - each starting location has 3 shields or more (including Iroquois).
    As a result, in the Middle East Persia and Arabia lost some of their advantage on Babylon, India, Egypt, Israel/Sumeria

8. tacfun

tacfun Chieftain

Rhye, Can you please do this for me? Remove the Byzantine and add the Sumeria and in another version Remove America and add Sumeria.

I need this so I can do some testing. I would really appricate it.

tacfun

9. Jaguar

Jaguar Lurker

I did indeed notice the ME rebalancing. I found Israel to be a lot easier than I expected. I've taken out the Babylonians with a Warrior rush, then sent the Maccabees to take Mecca (and get Damascus in a deal for peace) and then I sent my Maccabees up to the Ottoman empire in order to procure iron. I'm about to discover Monarchy, and I'm by far first in the known world in score. I think I'll write up a strategy guide for them soon.

10. Jaguar

Jaguar Lurker

You could do that yourself. ;)

11. tacfun

tacfun Chieftain

He would do it so much faster and Im bogged down right now with real life stuff.

tacfun

12. tacfun

tacfun Chieftain

Whoops... Rhye... I just need the America removed and Sumeria added version!!! That would make me so happy!!!

tacfun

Oh, Whats the difference between 2.52 and 2.60? Just Israel??? Please do one more mod Just remove America and add Sumeria Back and I'd be so HAPPY!

13. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

You can already do it: it's very simple, and it's easier than making other 2 alternative versions.

Listen: download from the site the "Sumeria" version, then in the game setup select all the civs but Byzantine and/or America.

14. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

Yes, the difference between 2.52 and 2.60 is only Israel.

Changes in v2.60:

- Added Israel. It replaces Sumeria. See civilopedia for details
    - Modified some tiles in the Middle East
    - Swapped Hebrew and Babylonian colour
    - Babylonian traits now Sci/Agr to be different from Israel

Changes in v2.52:

- Impi now ignores deserts and mountains cost
    - Ethiopian capital moved to Aksum, the ancient capital
    - The whole Abyssianian region has been redrawn
    - Ethiopian traits now Agricoltural (instead of Militaristic) and Religious
    - New Ethiopian city list
    - Removed "build never" flag for air units and workers, for Ethiopia
    - Removed "build never" flag for workers, for Austria. How I didn't catch this mistake sounds incredible
    - Chinese city list replaced with the one made by Chukchi Husky, containing Pinyin romanizations. The order was slighly changed
    - Removed Lutetia (Paris), Caesaraugusta (Zaragoza), Hispalis (Seville), Trebizond (Trapezus), Hearclea (Herakleia), Brusa (Bursa), Iconium (Konya), Tokyo (Edo), Ta-Tu (Beijing). Many thanks to Chukchi Husky
    - Added some Indian, German and Zulu city names; removed Taormina from Byzantine list
    - Slightly changed German and English city lists
    - Raised some late Middle Ages techs cost
    - Reduced Magellan's Voyage, Copernicus' Observatory and Sistine Chapel cost
    - The sea corridor through the Atlantic has been made thicker. In this way Caravels should be able to reach America without risking to sink
    - Some mountain/plateau swaps
    - Tuned American, Incan, Indian, Roman, Dutch, French, English, German, Babylonian, Iroquois, Indian, Persian, Ottoman, Arabian, Zulu, Ethiopian and Egyptian strength
    - Tuned Ottoman, Mongol, Indian, Viking, Russian, German, Austrian and American research speed
    - Removed some hills in the eastern Himalayas, so that India will build cities in the south, acting as a barrier for the Persian invasion
    - Added coal in Uralis, Ucraina, England and Spain
    - Removed a forst hill near a grassland in the Uralis
    - Deleted 2 barbarian camps near Mongol starting location; moved barbarian camps in South Africa farther from Zulu starting location
    - Updated civilopedia (fixed the Hussar)

15. tacfun

tacfun Chieftain

Rhye... Thats not the point! I want 31 civs. I need Israel also. So I guess I need Israel to replace America...!

tacfun

PLEASE?!

16. Khift

Khift Chieftain

Tacfun, you're asking too much. Stop being so demanding.

I mean, hell, you're annoying me, and I don't even have anything to do with the production of this mod.

17. Beernuts1987

Beernuts1987 Chieftain

Wow thats great, I feel the same way! I mean tacfun is ok sometimes but the thing that makes me angry is the "...lol!" in almost every post.

18. tacfun

tacfun Chieftain

LOL...Is so he doesn't take me being rude or mean....Its hard to express over net!

tacfun

PS....LOL!

19. tacfun

tacfun Chieftain

I have reread the last 2 posts and I see Im not wanted here...So thanks for the mod Rhye and bye too all! Now you don't have to be bothered by me any longer.

tacfun

out!

20. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

Nobody ever told you that you are not wanted here. Do what you want to do, but try to understand. You just pushed for the release of the patch. 2 hours after I released it you begun requesting abother thing. But if you wanted the patch so much why don't you play now?

That's not true. Every time I add an alternative version my work gets wider and updating every version (and making no mistakes) is a real pain.
    If you don't want America it's much faster with the way I told you.
    Making another version means: 1) copying the stats of 1 civ to the other, 2) copying the stats of the unit to the other, 3) testing if everything works (in case of a new civ, I must see if its starting location is balanced), 4)writing the readme, 5) uploading it, 6)updating the links of the site
    Now tell me, why should I do all this, if I know that tomorrow you'll change your mind?
    Remember that I have real life stuff, too, which will make me very busy for most of September.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.