Rise and Rule mod is crashing

JethroTundra

Chieftain
Hi, new here.

Been trying to get Rise and Rule to work. With some help from AlanH, I was able to get the mod files in the right place and up and running (in Civ 3 complete 1.22a). Each time I have played, I get about 20 turns into the game and then get this error: [Load Error - FILE NOT FOUND - "Art\Units\Medieval Japanese Worker\Medieval Japanese Worker.INI"].

In the RAR\Art\Units folder there is no Medieval Anything worker, only Medieval Assassin.

Anyone know of a workaround, or a place to get a file (or copy and rename another art file) that will work here? Alternatively, is there a different but similar mod I might want to use that's more reliable? I'm interested in these big global mods that add lots of techs and units. Civ 3 Complete comes with a partial version of Double Your Pleasure but it's missing most of the graphics; says to get them from civ3.bernskov.com which no longer seems to exist.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome :wavey:

Have you installed Rev A? There were some changes in that to improve compatibility with 3rd party mods.

The problem you are seeing has been reported previously, I believe. Do a Search on this Mac forum for keywords like 'Japanese'. Earlier workrounds involved copying mod files around, I think. The trouble is that the mod you are trying to get going refers to units and resources from other mods, but the Mac version seems to have a hard time tracking them down. The original Windows file paths are all different on the Mac, of course.

Top Bottom