Rise of Nations

I have RoN too, Thrones & Patriots adds worderfull things to the original one.

I have already conquered all the New World with the Portuguese.

Yep, Civilization continues to enjoy me better, but RoN is different, you can't compare them

I love RTS games but I like CivIII too. I don't know why.

The story of me liking it

A friend borrow me the original CivIII game v1.00 (crap) and I loved it, but I soon got sick of the difficulty and the tediousness of it, so I went play AoM, but I got sick of it, too; so the miracle happened, I bought a magazine and inside there was the RoN Demo I played, I loved, a friend of mine borrowed me the real game, but I couldn't play it after a while because he borrowed me the game, didn't gave me. After a really long time I bought a magazine that had the Thrones & Patriots, I liked and after a time I bought it. I played the New World Campaign as the Portuguese and I won it. But some people are right, after a while it turns to be a tedium, because the game basis is the same as AoE, AoK, AoM, Warcraft and Warlords Battlecry. So, I got back too CivIII...

I can say that I'm a Easy - Moderate player

Rise of Nations is a really good game, it had everything I wanted in a RTS, except for one thing: charm. It lacks the quality that makes Starcraft so addicting, which gets frustrating because RoN has everything else needed to be a really good game. I still don't understand why this RoN subforum collects so much dust.

Am I the only guy who thinks this game sucks ?

It has nothing to to with ciuv and is very similar to The Age of Empires. I like the graphics and the units, but it really bores me to death. I bought it and have only played it three times and only for half an hour each time. Must be me then.... :rolleyes:

It is you ;)....
The game is meant to be like AoE. In my view they could've added more stuff, but it is a good game as it is nevertheless.

Drakan said:
Am I the only guy who thinks this game sucks ?

No, the majority of people think that.

Yey we agree on something LLXerxes! :D Long Live RoN!

This game is sweet, i stopped playing Empire Earth after i got this game :D
the country borders are especially nice, and the unique units for each civ :D
:ninja: would like an editor for this game, so i can make new civs

Top Bottom