Rise of Rome PBEM

GPS to daddy-o...

Is it possible that the Goths can't train Heavy Cavalry, or anything else better than Teutonic Warriors or horsemen????

Now why would you want those? I suppose you have only peaceful intentions for that heavy cav - like plowing your fields.

GPS

Watch it, Calis. If I see your cavalry ploughing fields near Rome, there'll be trouble.

Watch it, Calis. If I see your cavalry ploughing fields near Rome, there'll be trouble.

Well, I like having some fun with you guys:D , but actually nobody answered the initial question.:(

Is it a fact that the Goths (and other minor tribes) can't build Heavy Cav, although all prerequisites are fulfilled (tech, horses)?:confused:

Well, I like having some fun with you guys:D , but actually nobody answered the initial question.:(

Is it a fact that the Goths (and other minor tribes) can't build Heavy Cav, although all prerequisites are fulfilled (tech, horses)?:confused:

It may be because HC and other advanced units arent "checked" as avaible units to the minor nations in this scenario eventhough you fullfill the said requirements.

So you have gotta play with what you´ve got.....

Were there any mods made to this scenerio before we started? I could try to play a game of RoR by myself as the Goths.

Well that saves me some time.

GPS to Tboy.

Carthage continues its march against Rome.

War Elephant dies attacking Garrison in Massilia.
WE kills Garrison, captures Massilia.
Fire catapult hits Garrison in Genua.

Looks like gmail is not working right now. so i'll post the save here.

Attachments

• RoR_046f_120BC.SAV
    302.1 KB · Views: 89
The save did reach my e-mail, I'm not sure why you think it went wrong.

GPS to Drendor.

Naval battle near Pisae, Roman galley lost.

the page never refreshed and gmail never confirmed that the message went through. glad you got it though, and were able to keep the game moving. :)

Game Played and Sent.

Gothic "farmers" sighted in Scythia. Diplomatic peace keepers dispatched.

GPS to Tboy.

Battle Report
Fire catapult hits Legionary fortified in hills
Heavy cav redlines Legionary, HC dies
Heavy cav finishes off Legionary

Siege of Genua
Fire catapult hits Garrison
Fire catapult hits Garrison
HC kills Garrison

More Carthaginian troops surround Genua, ensuring its fall next turn.

GPS to Drendor.

No battle reports.

Rome has, in light of the recent Carthaginian advance, been forced to evacuate Genua. But I assure the people there this: We shall return!

:bump: where's the save at? Not being able to slaughter Roman Legions is starting to give me the shakes. ;)

It'll soon be dead cav units giving you the shakes ;).

Anyways, who does have the save?

Top Bottom