Rise of Rome revisited...

I E-Mailed and PMed him, no answer.

We may have to start skipping some people...

Lets finish this game even if its just the 3 of us.

Bah, sorry guys. I looked for it and I couldn't find it! I guess I just forgot to post it.

Someone should just go for me. I'm sorry I left you all in the dark like that.

donsig - tear it up! :goodjob:

It looks like you, me and KD. Lets win.:D

Ill still go with spaceship, unless you guys want to research ALL the tech and fight a modern war with the other continent. Radar artillery, mech inf, modern armor and stealth bombers.

That would be fun!

Except for mech inf and some modern armor, never saw any of the rest, me......

Anything is fine with me. ;)

Don't forget me. I am able to play so put me back into the rotation. I will be able to play my next turn, if there is one:)

Oh yeah, I just got a brand-spankin' new image converter just to post screenshots here:D

gonzo: if you'r still there go ahead and play now. I'm up in the German game but can't play any until I get a few hours sleep.

(PLAYING)

Ill still go with spaceship, unless you guys want to research ALL the tech and fight a modern war with the other continent. Radar artillery, mech inf, modern armor and stealth bombers.

Ok, I will start a plan to eventually build all spaceship parts(we won't launch though) as a backup in case the modern war falls through(what are the chances??). I'll play now. Looks like fun. And, here's the clincher, I am gonna post a screenshot. Look for it in 24 hours maybe. :D

One more thing. I am downloading KD's last post file named paxromana.zip right???? I think that that is the current post since Toasty can't find his. I will wait to play until I receive confirmation.

Thats the one, Gonzo.

Well, lets go all out for science now. Raise the science rate until it hurts, switch outlying cities to wealth if need be.

SETI should be built in Rome, if we havent already. Research labs in our high commerce cities.

Lets become Rome, Empire of Computer Nerds! :enlighten

Lets become Rome, Empire of Computer Nerds!

Sounds like a plan to me:D <----- that coming from a big time computer nerd himself and proud of it :p

I will post in 12 - 24 hours depending on how much time I get to play.

BTW - When this game is done, which should be pretty soon, I have an evil idea for a new one. :satan:

Russia. Huge map with 16 civs. Pangaea. :mwaha:

It will be a playground for Cossacks! :nya2:

But not until this game is done. I will not commit to more than 3 at a time. Otherwise all my turns come up at once! :crazyeyes

So, lets go!:whipped:

I am gonna play finally and should post today or tomorrow.

Russia. Huge map with 16 civs. Pangaea.

Yikes, would it be possibly to take that down to large, 12 civs, and pangea. If not, I understand, but on Huge the turns take FOREVER. Micromanagement of the empire would suck!! If it's not possible, I won't be able to play, but I really would like to. But, like you said, let's finish this off first.

Since Donsig asked so nicely, here's the save. Summary soon to follow. Only played 5 turns due to time constraints:(

Here's a bare-bones summary of my turns.

1938 - Founded Lugdunum

1940 - Started the IWP(explanation below)

1942 - Switched to a lot of research labs.

1944 - Even more research labs

1946 - Lutetia Founded

Below, you will see a settler sitting on a future city site. After the city currently on that site is starved to death, the settler can build a new city and that city will be able to build the Iron Works, if we win without any more wars, then this will probably not affect us because it will probably never get finished without a rushing. The ONLY reason I am building this city is because I rarely get the opprotunity to build a city with Iron Works. I just thought it would be fun. The Iron and the Coal are highlighted in green.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 120
A good idea, Gonzo, but Im pretty sure that you CANNOT starve a city down to nothing in Civ3. Just size 1.

It will have so much corruption that it will probably be useless anyway.

But good eye!

May the reign of Ceasar Donsig be fruitfull.

A good idea, Gonzo, but Im pretty sure that you CANNOT starve a city down to nothing in Civ3. Just size 1.

If a city is size 2 and building a settlesr AND not growing, you can disband it.

It will have so much corruption that it will probably be useless anyway.

Yeah, much like my reign, unfortunately:rolleyes:

But good eye!

Thanks Joe:D!

Some may feel it trite to end on someone else's quote, but I feel it appropriate this time:

May the reign of Ceasar Donsig be fruitfull.

P.S. What'd you guys think of my screenshot! <-- one of my first attempts. :D

Great screenshot gonz! thanks:goodjob:

I've never disbanded a city in Civ 3 but I have heard of it being done. Was never sure what to make of that... Now I get to see if I can do it!;)

WoW! this is the first shot I've seen since we took over the whole continent. Last time I played we had only taken London!

Top Bottom