[C3C] Rise of Rome scenario missing - an explanation

livinginaz

Seven Ages of Man
Some very late versions of Civilization III Complete did not include the .biq file for Rise of Rome. The assets folder is there, just not the .biq. The MP one is there like normal. The version I have, Civilization III + IV complete on one DVD, is missing this .biq file. Apparently, the GOG version that is DRM free also is missing this file. This can be fixed by a simple drag and drop from another install, ideally from a fully up to date Complete game that still included Rise of Rome (original 3 CD version, Macintosh version). I just figured I would let this be known as I was amazed to find this issue with my own copy that I had never noticed before from a fresh install.

Some very late versions of Civilization III Complete did not include the .biq file for Rise of Rome. The assets folder is there, just not the .biq. The MP one is there like normal. The version I have, Civilization III + IV complete on one DVD, is missing this .biq file. Apparently, the GOG version that is DRM free also is missing this file. This can be fixed by a simple drag and drop from another install, ideally from a fully up to date Complete game that still included Rise of Rome (original 3 CD version, Macintosh version). I just figured I would let this be known as I was amazed to find this issue with my own copy that I had never noticed before from a fresh install.
Can you attach the biq file here? I have the MP version, but I’m not sure if it’s the same as the regular one.

Can you attach the biq file here? I have the MP version, but I’m not sure if it’s the same as the regular one.
No, the MP-version isn't the same.

However, uploading proprietary Firaxis .biqs might well be counted as piracy, so would likely require explicit permission from one of the Admins — ideally @Thunderfall (since he owns CFC).

It would possibly also be helpful to inform GOG about the problem (if they aren't already aware of it?).

The difference between the scenario file and the conquest file seems to be that the conquest biqs are connected to a campaign and the scenario biqs are not connected to a campaign.

With the hacked Polish C3C editor this can be seen as an additional option that seems allowing to connect some scenarios to a campaign (as it is the conquests campaign in C3C).

This option is not visible in the standard Firaxis C3C editors and it is also not visible in the Quintillus editor. I don´t know, if the hacked Polish editor is still available.

Considering an upload of the missing Conquests biq in this special case as piracy for me sounds somewhat :crazyeye: . The missing biq is obviously an error as it can be seen by the existing assets, the biq cannot be played without the other files of Civ 3 Complete, the Conquests campaign as a central part of C3C cannot be finished without the forgotten biq and therefore this missing biq is only a not intended damage for the client - but o.k, I will not post the missing biq here.

Chalito, I will send you a pm.

Top Bottom