rise of rome scenario

web25

Warlord
anyone play this? i took rome the very first time i tried it, now im carthage.

this is one that came with the complete version.

I have not played that one, but I do find that the scenarios that come with the game are pretty good. I like the Age of Discovery and the WW2 in the Pacific. I find that both are quite challenging.

RoR has been my favorite scenario for years, I have played it like 10 times before I started modding it (including new units by Sandris in order to get a bit more flavor to each civ). A very nice gaming memory.

It's a pretty good scenario. I think you'll find Macedon and Persia a little easier than Carthage and Rome. Admittedly I prefer the medieval one, Sengoku and Napoleonic. But then, if you polled 100 players to rank the scenarios you'd get 100 different lists.

the medeval one is next, i have loaded it up, im still deciding who to take.

what were your strategies for Rise of Rome?

the medeval one is next, i have loaded it up, im still deciding who to take.

what were your strategies for Rise of Rome?

Pretty basic. Load up the army and use it to start conquering your locked enemy. Try to drag in others (although minors are pretty useless). Research to get my UU (Carthage), make it stronger (Rome) or get to Heavy Cavalry (Macedon and Persia). Since you're locked at war with another, don't start any wars until your present enemy is destroyed. Remember, the fact that you use armies well and the AI doesn't is a big advantage.

After you've wiped out my enemy, it's just expand with settlers and wipe out nearby minors until you reach victory. I usually don't try to take on another major power. With so few techs to research, it's almost entirely a military sceanrio. The wonder that gives a temple in every city is good here because it doesn't obsolete.

Top Bottom