Rise! Revolt! Revolution!

Well, all I can say is if you all really want democracy then you should take the steps necessary for us to learn democracy.

No revolution now. We're about to be at war.

With talks of the Iroquois about to declare war on us. I beleve its unwise to go into revolution now.

We should wait untill the end of the war.

CivGeneral said:
With talks of the Iroquois about to declare war on us. I beleve its unwise to go into revolution now.

We should wait untill the end of the war.

Revolution only takes 2 turns. We can still conquer with the ammount of troops we have. PLUS in a Republic or Democracy foreigners would assimiliate into our country sooner.

Revolution only takes 1 turn in Vanilla civ if you are Religious. (In C3C, it's one or two turns). So, we could revolt now (1090 AD), attack the Iroquois with our units, and next turn be another government, and start production of units again. Of course, that's not the greatest idea, but...

blackheart said:
Revolution only takes 2 turns. We can still conquer with the ammount of troops we have. PLUS in a Republic or Democracy foreigners would assimiliate into our country sooner.
Actually, the assimilation chance is the same in monarchy and republic. Democracy would be higher, but we don't have it.

Angry citizens of Odawara have revolted following the relocation of the Forbidden Palace, and are calling for a democracy. The mayor is supporting them, as he now has a great deal more furniture that he can fit in his castle. The Democratic Armies of Domo-Kun are pouring out throughout Edo.

In other words, I want my palace, and I want democracy! :p

Epi, you've got your Palace back. All I need is a room where I have the only key to the only door. (Besides the upcomming bathchamber.)

As for Government switch, I would rather wait until the End of the comming War. I don't want to have to slow up research due to War Weariness. Once the War is over, however, a switch would be worth considering.

Sir Donald III said:
Epi, you've got your Palace back.

:cry:

As for Government switch, I would rather wait until the End of the comming War. I don't want to have to slow up research due to War Weariness. Once the War is over, however, a switch would be worth considering.

umm, but there's no war-wariness in Monarchy.

Chieftess said:
umm, but there's no war-wariness in Monarchy.

I believe our new President was speaking of war conditions under a possible Democracy. Do we even possess the tech yet?

Donovan Zoi said:
I believe our new President was speaking of war conditions under a possible Democracy. Do we even possess the tech yet?
No, we don't..

So this matter is a non-issue at this point. Based on a recent poll, we are locked in until we research Magnetism. After that we can discuss the switch to Democracy.

Top Bottom