Rising Tide livestream Aug 13th

Somebody on Reddit pointed out that the Unit Upgrade screen has been updated. No ANGEL placeholders.

So here's the new one!

If you saw the unit at 3:57 of the New Diplomatic Landscape Featurette, to the North East of Mandira. That would appear to be the Immortal. If you recall this was confirmed to be a Harmony/Purity unit.

Which means we don't need to guess about this one any more! It would also meant that I may have been correct in assuming the Color Palettes of the Hybrid units. Keep an eye out for more Bronze/Copper/Orange units for Harmony/Purity. Purple/Gray for Supremacy/Harmony. And White/Cyan for Purity/Supremacy!

Thank you to /u/Cassadore on Reddit.

I wonder if we're going to be able to hold off onto upgrading units so we can focus on geting mixed affinities rather than be forced to upgrade them.

I saw that there is a unit which focuses on Level 6 affinities and then a hybrid affinities, also 6 and 6, which to me seems virtually impossible to achieve since once you reach a Level 6 in a single you'll be forced to choose it.

I wonder if we're going to be able to hold off onto upgrading units so we can focus on geting mixed affinities rather than be forced to upgrade them.

I saw that there is a unit which focuses on Level 6 affinities and then a hybrid affinities, also 6 and 6, which to me seems virtually impossible to achieve since once you reach a Level 6 in a single you'll be forced to choose it.

1. You always could hold off on upgrading
2. I think the 6-6 upgrade is a higher level than the 6 upgrade.

So, where do you guys think the 9 hybrids stand now?

Judging by the new screenshot, the architect and immortal definitely look alike. I don't see anything else with that color scheme, so maybe the missing throne belongs to P/H?

Geliopod and nanohive really sound H/S, plus they look darker in the image. The golem I'm not sure of, but I'm going to go with H/S because of its flavor. My second guess for it would be S/P since it could be a controlled machine, and could fit the master/slave theme, plus it looks like it could be lightly colored to fit the S/P theme.

The drone cage sounds very S/P and the autosled looks very lightly colored. The aquilon is hard to make out, but the name sounds very much Purity being a mythical god and it fits the heavenly and superior attitude of Supremacy.

So, like I said, I'm a bit uncertain of the Throne, Golem, and Aquilon.

Purity / Harmony

Immortal
Architect
Throne

Harmony / Supremacy

Geliopod
Nanohive
Golem

Supremacy / Purity

Drone Cage
Autosled
Aquilon

I would switch Drone Cage and Golem. Otherwise it sounds right to me.

I would switch Drone Cage and Golem. Otherwise it sounds right to me.

Commanding Drones works well with the Purity / Supremacy theme of supportive AI, though I'll have to see the units clearer to make final judgements.

Do we know if we can filter the unit screen by affinity? Seems like that would be really useful.

390 energy for a colonist is whack. Why the hell didn't they buy one immediately?

1. You always could hold off on upgrading

Excuse my ineptitude (and getting a bit of topic), but how?

I was playing a shared game with a friend some weeks ago and we got to the point he was angered he had to choose the Prime battlesuit instead of the Pure Battlesuit (he was playing Purity but had gotten some Supremacy points), losing the perk of the Pure Battlesuit he wanted to get... No way to hold off. He had to get the upgrade to be able to go next turn...

There is a delay button in the upgrade-screen. Costs go still up immediately though.

I'm going on the optimist bent here but I did notice that the projectile animations from the diplomacy video at least SEEM to be working.

Well if there was ever a time they would work, it'd be during demo videos.

They seemed to be working just fine in the vanilla BE demo vids too.

There is a delay button in the upgrade-screen. Costs go still up immediately though.

Thanks, I'll check for it. Hope I can explain my friend tomorrow :goodjob:

Well if there was ever a time they would work, it'd be during demo videos.

They seemed to be working just fine in the vanilla BE demo vids too.

Not really. There's a harsher in hindsight post somewhere here. I think it's the bug thread on the same topic.

Few things I noticed.

- Miasma decreases a tile's Energy output by 1. Curious if Harmony can get around this.

Is this still present in the latest builds?

It didn't seem to be removed through Harmony, is it removed in a tech effect?

Top Bottom