Civ6 Free to play (Feb 22-26 2024)

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
GG9oF5FaUAAduCk.jpeg

The Civ6 Twitter account has announced that Civ6 will be free to play until Monday!
This seems to apply to the Platinum version including all addons, so go and check!
If you get the taste for it, then you can also get it at a discount right now, the base game costing 5.99€, the Platinum version 15.09€ and the Anthology bundle 24.93€.
Play it here on Steam.

Last edited:
View attachment 685136

The Civ6 Twitter account has announced that Civ6 will be free to play until Monday!
This seems to apply to only the base game, without any addons, but still worth checking!
If you get the taste for it, then you can also get it at a discount right now, the base game costing 5.99€, the Platinum version 15.09€ and the Anthology bundle 24.93€.
Play it here on Steam.
The top bar of the image indicates that it's the platinum edition with both expansions and the first wave DLCs

Seems cool. I was going to say unfair for the rest of us who actually own a copy but I would rather say the more the merrier. :goodjob:
It's a pretty good free play if you didn't buy all the first DLCs or the expansions.

Wonder how many folks will be able to finish a game session in just one weekend!

i still play the initial release of this game (version 1.0.26) in which a game can be won within Three hours of gameplay. the final build however i dont think ive ever made it to the end of a game without getting bored and switching it off. i guess im just a war monger and like domination wins..🦹‍♂️

I like this new Firaxis CEO.

They really are putting their weight behind Civ.

As much as I love Marvel's Midnight Suns, Civ is their cash cow... and they've given others an opportunity to claim the 4X crown.

The top bar of the image indicates that it's the platinum edition with both expansions and the first wave DLCs
um... my excuse is that... um... I'm stupid :blush:.

That's because you'll encounter a game-ending bug within an hour!
Can't honestly say I've encountered that many game-ending bugs, just game-ending boredom from how predictable the first 50 or so turns of every game are any more . . .

Oh that wasn't a complaint about Civ6, which I also find to be largely free of major bugs, it's a reference to @Nikolai II being famous for causing any and all computer software to malfunction horribly.
To give a very old Al Capp reference, the Joe Btfsplk of computer software . . .

I reportedly caused @Solver uncertain amounts of heartache after encountering a bug where Old World froze if you ended your PBC turn just as a music piece finished. I was having the music turned off ingame too!

I reportedly caused @Solver uncertain amounts of heartache after encountering a bug where Old World froze if you ended your PBC turn just as a music piece finished. I was having the music turned off ingame too!
And here I thought "Flight of the Bumblebee" was the only buggy music . . .

How did you even figure out the reason for the freeze? That sounds like a nightmarish bug.

From the Leader Pass to the monthly challenges to this, Firaxis seems intent on keeping Civ VI kicking and in our minds.

I'm not the first person to realize that this is probably in lead-up to something, nor am I the first person to say that on this forum, but this free-to-play weekend is maybe one of the most clear examples yet.

(to my knowledge, they haven't done something like this before- if they have and this is actually sort of mundane, do let me know!)

From the Leader Pass to the monthly challenges to this, Firaxis seems intent on keeping Civ VI kicking and in our minds.

I'm not the first person to realize that this is probably in lead-up to something, nor am I the first person to say that on this forum, but this free-to-play weekend is maybe one of the most clear examples yet.

(to my knowledge, they haven't done something like this before- if they have and this is actually sort of mundane, do let me know!)
With all the information we have about the next Civ part, I guess it's pretty save to say that it'll probably still take a while :/.

With all the information we have about the next Civ part, I guess it's pretty save to say that it'll probably still take a while :/.
Given that GTA6 is 2K's big release for 2025, I would guess that Civ7 is either a winter 2024 release or sometime in 2026 so. . . either coming up soon:) or still two years away:sad:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom