1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Rising Tide or Civ V complete edition?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Mount Suribachi, May 30, 2016.

1. ZTZaorish

ZTZaorish Chieftain

I'm glad you are enjoying Civ V. This is why I recommended you get it instead. It is just so much more solid on so many levels.

As for the reasons why one is better than the other, if I were to break it down, I would state 2 things Civ V has over BE, superior immersion and game play.

Now get off this forum and go play Anno Domini mod for Civ V! :D

2. Zeuel

Zeuel Chieftain

Beyond Earth for sure. Then again I love sci-fi(more accurately I love science fantasy) and I don't like how Civ 5 does great people or religion.

3. Westwall

Westwall Chieftain

This is patently false. If you like Civ 5's mechanics and you want to see them actually work the way they're supposed to work without bugs and baffling design choices, Civ 5 is the only answer.

The sci-fi aspect of literally the only thing BE has going for it.

4. Zeuel

Zeuel Chieftain

Get Rising Tide. BERT>Civ 5>Vanilla BE imo.

5. Jyrgunkarrd

Jyrgunkarrd Chieftain

BE:RT is tied with AoW 3 for my favorite 4X title. It is not well balanced, but I find the combined-arms combat to work very well in the end game and I really enjoy the number of viable approaches to creating an economic engine (some are better than others, yadda yadda - I'm not someone who feels the need to implement the absolute best & most efficient strategy every time).

It's a shame that the game had such a terrible launch & that Firaxis decided to market it as a spiritual successor to SMAC instead of just letting it stand on it's own merits.

6. LetMyPeopleGo

LetMyPeopleGo Chieftain

Want to even enjoy it more? Watch Marbozir's Civ V play on Deity videos on YouTube, very entertaining and full of advises regarding tactics and how to survive on deity, I myself don't play on deity but watching his videos makes me want to play as any of the AI not just my favorites. There is also multiplayer which is a lot of fun but you need to find the right people for it and I'll recommend watching "Civilization 5 Single vs Multiplayer" :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkCVZyS-sNo&list=PLHQyGGzRHYIYpHvhUKyT7oQW4CyQMLf_L

Very entertaining and educational.

7. meatball20

meatball20 rockhound

if you have a good system go for civ5 its got more mods and more playable . be goes for a tech tree that is new an unit upgrades and has been around less.