Risk Nes 1

RoddyVR

Veteran Board NESer
I will run a game of RISK on my computer.
the options are as follows:
sametime play (see below for major differences from classic risk).
no extra territories (same map as classic risk)
random distribution of starting territories (to make the first turn take less then 4 months)

fits upto 8 players, so the more the merrier.
first map in post 29 cfc wont let me attach same file to two posts.

Differences between classic (normal) risk, and the same time Risk we're playing
1. all orders by all players are submited at the same time (by PM to me) and are all processed at once. so noone sees what an oponent is doing before having to decide what they themselves will do.

2. Getting The Reinforcements
First, the total number of territories owned by each player is counted. Then the largest number of territories that are connected by borders or dotted lines (a player’s empire), are also counted. Finally these 2 numbers are added (the total number of territories owned and the total number of connected territories); the sum is then divided by 3 thus giving the total number of reinforcing battalions available to each player.
Extra battalions for control of a continent:
Australia 4
South America 4
Africa 5
Europe 6
North America 6
Asia 8

3. Placing the Reinforcements
You may only reinforce a specific territory by the amount of connected territories plus the reinforced territory itself. For example, if you want to reinforce China, which had three owned territories attached to it (India, Siam and Mongolia), the allowable reinforcement is four battalions into China.
NOTE: this is not inforced for the initial placement of your troops into your starting territores.

4. Battles are resolved in order of priority:
a. Border clashes: head-to-head battles where both armies have charged directly towards each other’s territory and meet head on.
b. Mass invasions: multiple army attacks against a single army defending a single territory.
c. Invasions: single army attacks into the “back door” of a territory that has its occupying army either stationary or attacking away from the invading army into another territory.
d. Spoils of war: a fight between different players after a joint mass invasion.
e. Surge attacks: an army that has been ordered to charge through a single territory. If successful in that battle, the army then moves on to challenge a second hostile territory.

5. Armies for RISK cards
because we're playing the "same time" version we have to use:
Set Value
• If you trade 3 Infantry cards, you will receive 4 battalions.
• If you trade 3 Cavalry cards, you will receive 6 battalions.
• If you trade 3 Artillery cards, you will receive 8 battalions.
• If you trade 1 of each card, you will receive 10 battalions.
If any of the cards exchanged depict a territory currently occupied by the player exchanging, that player gains two bonus battalions. These are automatically placed immediately within the territory shown on the card. If you hold five cards, you must exchange the set on your turn.

Yellow - Gelion - 6 territories - 20 armies.
Red - Jason the King - 6 territories - 20 armies
Black - North King - 6 territories - 20 armies
Green - Texas Toast - 6 territories - 20 armies
Orange - UKnemesis - 6 territories - 20 armies
Blue - Bacon King - 6 territories - 20 armies
Purple - Toteone - 6 territories - 20 armies

sent a PM to all 10 people (not counting me) who showed interest in this in jason's original thread.
hopefully 8 of em will show up here.

if we get way more then 8 people, i have no problem running 2 games at once. with the computer doing the work (ie deciding battles) i dont think this will be too tough to mod.
so if the game fills up, but you want to join. post, so we know how many we have for a simultaneous second game.

oh, guess i'll do this.
when you join, if you prefer the map to be the original risk map (without the extra islands), say so, and if more then half the players feel that way then i'll get rid of the extras for the game.
though i realy would like to see how the extra ones work out.

I have a suggestion; instea do a risk game, what about a (world map) game of Diplomacy; I havtn played it before, but I've signed up to do so on a different website, and it seems liek a great board game to play online.

if anyone needs to learn the rules, they can be found here-
http://www.diplom.org/Online/

xen, there's a whole diplomacy forum on this site. under "other games" i think.

jason, think you may be right. the more i look at them, the less i like them.

true, but they are all reguler games- a world map game of diplomacy woudl be teh kick ass.

close, but no cookie ;)

Texas Toast said:
im here vfor the risk
yay. thank you.
rest of you. enough with the spam, and start the signing up. ;)

i put the map without any of the extra territories in the second post, since taht seems so far to be the prefered map.
its kind of stupid that it has 42 territories though. with 8 players, that means that the first 2 players gets 6 while everyone else gets 5.

maybe a 7 player game is better? (6 territories a piece). well we'll see, if we get 7 players and then no 8th one relatively quick, then we may just do that.

edit: i cant count to 42 apparently, i stop at 41, and all numbers bigger then that are 41.

it doesnt really matter too much in this game, since it has no effect on income and territories are all messed up after the first turn aayways.

ok.
xen and stalin.
if you guys are joining, please actualy say that.
i dont know if you just like invading threads with spam or if you meant to join and got distracted.

I am in too!!!

Spam :smug:

I'll sit this one out; not really interested anymore (a nice game of diplomacy on the othe rhand.... that i coudl go for ;))

Top Bottom