Rivers on tiles instead of in between

Blitzscream

Warlord
I have my own ideas on how rivers on tiles instead of in between would be better, but I would like to hear your ideas on how it would be better or not.

The difficulty comes when trying to work out whether a unit crosses the river when it enters or leaves the hex. It seems wrong to always lose movement when you enter, or whenever you leave, or whenever you follow along river from hex to hex. A unit shouldn't get the river defence bonus when attacked from every side either, since it's a river not an island.

I think rivers work well the way they are currently placed. I don't really see a reason to change them. Rivers can be improved using the current system of between tiles, whereas making them their own tiles would just create scale problems and unnecessary complication to the existing tile system.

Alternatively, you could just make new maps with rivers that are really just water tiles in a long sequence.

Although bridges should be modded.

Yeah, bridges (and roads and railroads) would be something screwed up a bit by having rivers as tiles instead of as in between tiles. A bridge spanning an entire tile would make absolutely no sense in terms of scale.

Top Bottom