Rivers

Naokaukodem

Millenary King
It would be cool if by a building we could have the control of a river. If the city is placed upstream, it could control the whole river by building some infrastructure. Then if another civilization is placed upstream a river that pass in your civ, it would a GOOD REASON to invade it. We could also build barrages more late in the times, and it would create lakes, like in the Nil. Maybe it would be wise also to see a management by the game of raw and decline. With a river like the Nil, it would translate by a fertilized land, like the actual flood plains. But it could also create some cataclysm like exagerated flood. A barrage would solve the problem.

Great idea!

I generaly think that there should be more variation in the tiles, to bring that "discovering-new-land" feeling into the game. As it is now, the land is pretty simple and bland.

Also, since the tiles represent suck large squares of land, there could be flat tiles graced with 'river' or 'lake' fresh-water resource. This to represente smaller rivers.

I definitely want more variation in tiles, and more types of river, navigable, bridgeable, ford-able, gorges and the like, and I think the addition of dams that cause flooded areas would be nice but I am not bothered about that as much, as this isn't really down to that level of detail. Have a look at CitiesXL by MonteCristo there was someone in the forums talking about that. I do think more attention needs to be paid to water as a resource and a transport network. Consequences of water pollution upstream, and things like that too.

I'm all for new terrain types and tiles, as long as they give outrageous amounts of food! Also, do levees prevent flood event?

Top Bottom