1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Roads are messed up

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by pokiehl, Feb 17, 2019.

1. pokiehl

pokiehl Chieftain

2. Timothy001

Timothy001 Chieftain

Its a graphic bug. The hex still has the road/railroad.

3. pokiehl

pokiehl Chieftain

Yes, I know.

4. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Heh, I was just going to post the same. It seems like the roads try to go to the different cities, even if no trade route is there. At some point it becomes a mess that can't handle all combinations. A pity, as it also breaks the nice railroad graphics, which become a jumbled mess instead of a straight line between two cities. For the next game they really need to detach rails from roads.

upload_2019-2-17_12-28-15.png

pokiehl likes this.
  5. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

I’ve had major issues with the roads, too. These “ghost trails” get really ugly as the game goes on. I hope it is a simple fix.

6. ExemplarVoss

ExemplarVoss Chieftain

Huh, I thought it was just railroads (which are really bad in district/wonder tiles, often just a short 'staple' of railroad at the hex boundaries.

7. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

No, road graphics are not working properly even before railroads come into the picture. As traders move along new routes, roads are created with disconnected routes. It’s oddthat this wasn’t caught during testing, because it has been rampant in my GS games.

8. Lanthar

Lanthar SPQR

It's probably been caught in testing, but was not prioritized for release. There is only so much time and money allocated for fixing issues, and since this is visual and doesn't impact play, the priority probably wasn't set too high.

Elhoim likes this.
  9. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Some more issues:

https://imgur.com/a/kQdaykq#KLIjV16

upload_2019-2-21_16-33-26.png

The main problem here is that in this case, for example, it seems there are no roads at all in the industrial district, while there is actually a railroad in there.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019