roads & rails

Does anyone know if now it's possible to modify terrain arts through a mod (i.e without overwriting vanilla dds)?

Sadly the pre G&K patch reverted my roads back to the original rubbish style. I wanted to reinstall this mod but Nexus is broken as well. Any ideas of how I can get it to install?

Hmmm. I tried putting the .dds file in the assets forder (after extracting it and deleting the (grey) from the name) but the roads are still the vanilla roads.

Am I missing something obvious?

Hmmm. I tried putting the .dds file in the assets forder (after extracting it and deleting the (grey) from the name) but the roads are still the vanilla roads.

Am I missing something obvious?

perhaps....once i left a space when renaming a file and couldnt figure it out for about a week...

in any case, these are the files i put in assets.....i also updated the DL to these files, copied straight from my assets folder

Attachments

• Roads & Rails.zip
    140.3 KB · Views: 301
I've been successfully using these for sometime now. Dale somewhere said that the position overrides original files iff it is a newer file. ie latter date. So all I've done is simply delete the previous file, resave in my computer my backup file and copy/paste it back in it's position. Problem solved after every Steam download that messes with this.

I really like your art, can't you do some modern tar roads for the end game?:goodjob:

Hi, bernie.

I love this mod. May I please use it for the Mars mod I'm working on? It really wouldn't make any sense to build old dirt roads (like the original Civ V ones) if you have the technology to go to Mars, would it? ;)

Is there any mod that makes the roads actually connect each tile to the next tile with a road... rather than loop back on themselves? It drives me nuts - it makes it look like I don't have a road connection because a tile will show two totally separate roads (one looping from northeast to southeast and the other from northwest to southwest) instead of on road across the middle then splitting up or down. Or if you have a corner with roads on all 3 tiles, it shows as the road coming up from the bottom tile, then looping across and back down to the tile it started from, which is totally pointless and useless - no one would take that road. And it gives the appearance of no way to go across the top tiles without going down and back up again. The roads should be a simple triangle which is 1) the way they would actually work and 2) doesn't needlessly obstruct tons of tile space.

I know that my units will move as though the roads were not arse-backwards as depicted. But the visual is so wrong it drives me batty. I had such high hopes that the game making roads cost you money instead of earn it as previous Civs did would mean the map doesn't look like a giant ball of twine by mid-game any more. But due to the graphics being making roads loop rather than connect, it looks just as bad even with only 25% as many roads.

Many thanks to any who can help.

Top Bottom