Rod02-Caesar's Confusion

Getting ready to do it now. Looks like just a matter of taking out a few towns.

Sorry I took so long, I spent time doing other stuff yesterday. It went pretty well, did it in 6 turns. Here is the turn-log:
Spoiler :

Pre-Flight: CivAssist 2, Word running. Open the save, look things over.
Pretty much a mop-up operation.

Civilian units:
Settlers 0
Workers 11
Slaves 637

Military units:
Warriors 1
Archers 2
Spearmen 1
Pikemen 8
Muskets 5
Longbows 2
Infantry 27
Artillery 21 (5 captured)
Knights 50
Cavalry 140
Armies 31, 7 Legionaries, 2 MDI, 4 Knight, 15 Cavalry
Legionaries 36
MDI 16
Guerillas 4
Ancient Cavalry 5
Crusaders 3
Frigates 11
Galleons 11

Unit Support:
Total Units: 380
Allowed Units: 614
Support Cost: 0 gpt

Press enter=>

IBT: Some Carthage Galleys move past, hope there’s no settlers aboard.
Antium Cavalry=>Cavalry.

Turn 1, 1505 AD: Kill 1 NM, capture Saldae and 25 gold, Carthage is dead.
Kill 2 Spears at Eridu, losing 1 Cavalry, Eridu taken, giving us a port.

IBT: One Bab Sword kills wounded and exposed Cavalry.
Rome Cavalry=>Cavalry.

Turn 2, 1510 AD: Kill a Spear at Akkad, city taken.
Land troops at Shuruppak and Ellipi, others advance on Babylon.

IBT: 2 Bab units move.
Trondheim Cavalry=>Cavalry.
Hispalis Cavalry=>Cavalry.
Byzantium Cavalry=>Cavalry.
Brundisium Cavalry=>Cavalry.

Turn 3, 1515 AD: Kill 2 Spears and a Sword at Ellipi, losing 1 Infantry(Infantry are lousy attackers) city is ours. Kill 2 Spears and a Sword at
Shuruppak with better results(no losses). Kill 4 Spears and 2 Swords at
Babylon, city is ours. Hopefully they are almost done, or I’ll need more troops.

IBT: Another Spear/Sword combo arrives to be killed.
Antium Cavalry=>Cavalry.
Viroconium Cavalry=>Cavalry.
Lutetia Cavalry=>Cavalry.
Veii Cavalry=>Cavalry.

Turn 4, 1520AD: Killing a Sword gets us a leader, that should help.
Load 4 units in, move to Nineveh. Land 4 Cavalry at Samarra. 4 units ready to attack at Ashur.

IBT: Babylon moves a unit out of Ashur….really smart.
Rome Cavalry=>Cavalry.
Babylon Worker=>Temple.
Akkad Worker=>Temple.

Turn 5, 1525 AD: Kill 2 Spears at Samarra and take the city. Cavalry Army kills 3 Spears and a Pike at Nineveh, city is ours. 1 retreat at Ashur, kill 2 Spears, 1 leader generated, Ashur taken. I can now reach the last 3 Babylonian cities. Unless I get bad RnG, next turn should be it.

IBT: No movement by Babylonian troops. We get Combustion, next is Mass Production.
Byzantium Cavalry=>Cavalry.

Turn 6, 1530 AD: Kill 2 Spears at Eulbar and take the city. Kill 3 Spears at Uruk and take the city. Kill 3 Spears at Nippur and take the city, Babylon destroyed.

Prepare to hit enter for the victory.

IBT: Trondheim Cavalry=>Cavalry.
Antium Cavalry=>Cavalry.
Hispalis Cavalry=>Cavalry.
Brundisium Cavalry=>Cavalry.
And victory is achieved!

637 slaves, no wonder it was taking me forever to play a turn. Maybe Rodent will get a chance to check it out down the line.

Last edited:
Thats the most slaves I've ever seen in a game, and I tend to have tons of them. Funny thing, our score was not very high, 4845. I guess it was the fact that it was regent level. Anyway, I'm currently not in any SGs, so if you have an idea for a new one, I'd be interested.

I don't know if it is the most, I am pretty sure a few AW 362x362 maps beat it, but I do not recall any numbers. I never used to check. Even with all of those we still had a ton of work undone.

I never had an idea in my life. I am good at implementing ideas, but have no imagination or creativity.

Score is impacted by the level and the fact that we made no effort to keep the pop in WLTKD. Mostly it was just from having all that land. 31 nations makes expansion slow and dangerous for a long time.

Thats the most slaves I've ever seen in a game, and I tend to have tons of them. Funny thing, our score was not very high, 4845. I guess it was the fact that it was regent level. Anyway, I'm currently not in any SGs, so if you have an idea for a new one, I'd be interested.

Just for the novelty of it, I would love to see the team win a diplo victory. I won't evem play with that VC on in my games but I would be interested in seeing it played out. :scan:

You would need to define how the win could be accomplished. IOW one way to get a UN win is to kill off everyone, but two nations. Keep good relations with one and any relation you wanted with the other nominee.

Now you have 2 of the 3 votes. That is one way to do it. Harder would be to keep all or nearly all nations around and then win the vote. Play it at say emperor, to make it not too hard nor too easy, in the case where you did not kill off most nations.

Not to sure that it would be fun, to keep everyone around.

I really know next to nothing about diplo other than bits I may have read here. I would guess that it would be up to the team to define what qualifies.

I agree that diplo is probably the least desirable ending/game play. I was just offering a suggestion is all :lol: I was thinking it would be a challenge to forgo all that tangling.

You are probably correct about it being harder, if you play at Emperor or DG and do not use the eliminate most and befriend one.

We could do a humanitarian Diplo, aiming as for fast as possible finish without killing anyone off. It would be kind of a redux of Ragnar for Secretary-General, but without the no-research restriction. It could be fun.

I will not lie. I admit I completely lost Interest in Civ III for sometime. I apologize.

I will not lie. I admit I completely lost Interest in Civ III for sometime. I apologize.

ah... after showing up long enough to snark all over the team... yeah, sure right!

not good enough Rodent. <<your bad. your troops will move automatically>>

Top Bottom