1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Role Play Challenge: All Good Things.......

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by madscientist, May 8, 2009.

1. madscientist

madscientist RPC Supergenius

All Good Things.... Cleansing if the Continent

Why, now that you all mentioned it, it is getting rather tedious. However, we are Khan's and shall persevere!

First things first, we have riff-raff on the grand Mongolian continent that MUST be addressed.

Two at once? What the hell, we fear noone.

Right now suffice to see what Mongolia did in the first few turns of the war.

Not much left, is there. Even here Shaka is a pest, quickly getting Assembly Line and defending himself with infantry!

Meanwhile, as we destroy what's not ours on the continent, we built up the armada and built alot of tanks and marines, adding gunships once we teched Advanced Flight!

Soon we chase down Isabella to her Capilatl of Madrid

And burn it to the ground. But somehow the wiley Spanish Queen has slipped off one last city which we have no idea where it is. To focus on the Obsebe Zulu, we took peace

The map at least shows us where she is hiding though!

Notice there is also a Greek city hiding out there. We need to do something soon about all that tempting land for the AIs.

But for now Shaka deserves all our attention (And vengence).

Followed by

Infortunately, Shaka has some New World lands and slipped from our grasp.

So.....

So you can all rest assured that Shaka may still die last!

So at the moment, Let's see the trash to our north

And the cowards who feld from the Mongolian Horde

Then we managed to finish the OverWhelm doctrine quest

we took the option for free combat I promotions!

After 10 turns of Spanish peace, we fire up a smallish force to eliminate Isabella.

Then the AP election comes up again.

Kublai is really liking this Papal Abilities!

And disgustingly easily,

Isabella is dead! She was mummified and stuffed, and added to Kublai's assortment of dead wives!

To Be Continued......................

2. madscientist

All Good Things.... Cleansing if the Continent

At this point a spy was captured, who's identity was revealed to be Khmerian. Bublai was IRATE and swore vengence on the pathetic leader Suryavarman.

"Start the Fleet"

So we ship them off to the few island cities that Sury has to the north.

We then finished a Project that I am sure everyone will be happy with!

So we just built ICBMs when we could and used them ASAP. Kublai has little concern about the threats of Global Warming.

We come across the lone 2 city islands of Sury.

And soon

The SuperFreak is dead! One less rival.

However, Justinian was the master of Sury, so we are at war with Byzantium.

we razed Justinian's lone city in this hemishpere and unfortunately he has three in the new world. We decided to send a smaller armada over there and eliminate him once and for all (as of the save they are still working on it!

NOW, while we were in the neighborhood, we found this just too tempting

At this point we started finishing some ICBMs and unleashed them on Washington

And very quickly, we eliminated the American infestation of our continent

Yet there is still much to do as Washington has many off-shore cities!

Oh yes, Willem had a DP with Washington so we are at war with him. We nuked his lone island city, and destroyed ALL military there. At the save he is still alive with no defenders. Sorry folks, the life of a warring Khan is just so damned busy sometimes.

But most of the trouble was that there are so many Ethiopian cities laying about, blocking our searoutes. SO I said, what the hell, one more enemy to fight

So our armada of death just starts destroying any enemy coastal cities they find. Kublai has an open mind and certainly never discriminates against anyone, all are equal enemies in the Khan's eyes!

Now Zara did settle in the western areas so we quickly torched those cities, and decided to allow our Steel Keshiks the opportunity to have a little fun.

We pillaged everything there, towns, resources, roads, ruins!

To ther north there are still an annoying number of cities left. No time for rest!

As our pillaging headed south we remembered

So our Steel Keshiks proceeded to destroy all Greek cities in our path!

Another AP vote popped up

And we got the few Buddhists to declare war on Zara

Not as many as there used to be! Ah well, enough for now I guess!

I saved here, mostly because my computer finally crashed from the large game going on! Fear not as I was saving at every turn.

SO just an update. The next segment will likely be the last unless something very interesting occurs, but right now everyone just seams to be running in horror from the Mongolian Horde. Spoilsports!

3. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

When dost thou expect to put up the next report?? Cannot wait!!

4. Joshua368

Joshua368 Warmongering builder

This image is epic and hilarious. :goodjob:

5. Dagenham Dave

Dagenham Dave Chieftain

Gotta love the mass of red faces in the score list. Jolly well done!

6. Bobbalouie

Bobbalouie Chieftain

I like how Gandhi is the only one that isn't red or considering madscientist his worst enemy. Sure it's cause he never met him, but still, funny.

7. I-imp

I-imp Warlord

Careful! Justinian is only 343 turns away from being able to complete apollo!

8. Combat Ingrid

Combat Ingrid Spy Unit

I have been lurking Mad's RPC games since the beginning but I don't think I ever posted in any of the threads. Just want to thank Mad for a great series. I have learned a lot but much more importantly it has been lots of fun reading your threads :goodjob:

This last game is no exception and I'm really looking forward to the final part.
    Now to the real reason I'm getting off my lazy butt to post here: while reading the last update of this game, "The Planets" by Gustav Holst (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6NopU9K_8M) was playing in the background and it just fitted so well with the game! It will probably work even better for the last segment. Well, I suppose it will if you're into both classical music and The Wrath of Khan / The Death of Shaka :D

Anyway, thanks again for a great series, it has been a pleasure following it :goodjob:

9. madscientist

All Good Things....: C O N Q U E S T !!!!

Yes, it has finally come to an end. The last segment of the last RPC, a glorious victory for the Mighty Kublai, who perhaps has surpassed even his Great GrandSire. But I will l;et you all decide that soon enough.

But come, let's look at the Glory (and Blood) of the Khan!

we start by clearing more of the northern areas, especially Washington and Zara

Montezuma has taken a bad beating from the Khan and his reckless use of Nuclear weapons, see how Aztecia glows green.

MONTY, remember that cheap AP win against us! For you shall pay dearly as the finger of death strikes into your homeland. Cringe before the mighty Khan you slug!

But for now, here is the final ending to Justinian

Sorry Justinian, I am not sure exactly what you did to warrent such butchery, as you never did us any harm in a past RPC. But, so is life (and death). Byzantium is no more!

Now we capture what we think is the final American city

But the weasal has built another city somewhere else. For we do not see it

Well, so we make peace with GW

And find the LAST American city

And finally, the axe has fallen on the last Aztec city.

Monty is dead!

We replenished the Mongolian Armada

In search of more land to pillage and plunder!

And decide Ragner is the next one to die!

Our armada has come upon Carthaginian lands

And war is declared! Time to eliminate this tough rival once and for all!

Especially since Hannibal settled OUR CONTINENT!

We quickly overrun those lone 2 cities.

Meanwhile the northern wars come to an end as the last AI there, Zara comes to a bitter end

And then there was only SEVEN left!

And after destroying some coastal Hannibal cities, we find our path blocked

So we declare war on Shaka and destroy the offending blocking city!

And after taking out another Carthage city, wouldn't you know it someone else is in our way! We know how to a clear a path

And since Greece was down to one city.

And then there were SIX!

Takign a look at the New World

There is not much left there. Let's clear this mess up a bit

So the entire world is at war with us except Washington who we have not had toime to wipe out yet.

And here you can see that the mighty Keshiks are still conquering cities!

Great Units there!

And finally, Hannibal's last city falls!

So ends noble Carthage, who gave us ALOT of trouble in this RPC!

To Be Continued...............................

10. madscientist

All Good Things....: C O N Q U E S T !!!!

we then move the Mighty Mongolian war machine against what we think is the last Dutch city.

Unfortunately, the snake has slipped our grasp once again and we make peace looking for the map

Stupid, the city is direct south of us, ON THE CONTINENT.

Now, time to deal with GW

As I did not want to drag the entire armada to the north, I built 1 transport and took a few spare tanks north. I first destroyed all the defenders with maybe a half dozen nukes !

We moved onto what we thought was the last Viking city

Onfirtunately the slob Ragner settled somewhere else. well...

And where is he???

Great, gotta move a long way!

OK, OK. Back to the main task, about Mansa

RIP MUsa. The there was FOUR!

And soon.

There was THREE! Sorry George, you never really did anything bad in an RPC, but you messed arround with a bad crowd!

After 10 round of peace, time to take out Willem.

Damn, he settled again!.

I am ticked now and decided to "Explore" a bit by dropping Nukes all over. And it worked!

At the same time the peace treaty with Ragnar expired and

Three leaders left, three cities!

First Willem

A crafty and sneaky adversary, but in the end he fell like all the rest. The there was TWO!

Next came Ragnar's turn

Let's not underestimate old Ragnar. He wrecked a good share of RPCs plus difficult whenever we met.

BUT!

The KING RPC KILLER...

After continual Nuking of the last Zulu city, we rolled a disgustingly high number of tanks into the last city

Which led to

CONQUEST!!! What Khan would ever settle for anything less!

A view of the map

Power Numbers

The info Screen

203 cities razed! Over four times the number GrandSire Khan razed!

Also not the 566 infantry units we managed to kill!

And no RPC ending would be complete without a polaroid of our grand leader!

Thankyou all for following this EPIC RPC, and especially for all of you who have followed these RPCs, whether from the beginning or near the end, or jumped in here or there!

I will post a brief game recap in a bit and some parting comments!

Be on the lookout for a new poll with the last 15 or so RPCs to which are you favorites. Then the top 2 or 3 three from those will go against some of the earlier popular games for the best RPC yet!

11. madscientist

RPC Recap!

Rules:
    These were rather tough as the map was very crowded, especially with the New World unsettled early on! Still we got lucky with decent land to settle early and the needed resources (especially horses :devil: ). Razing so many cities early was tough but I played it out. Later we absorbed a few empires intact (Japan, Byzantine, etc...) but only after we established a strong empire.

So how did we win this game?

1) We are Khans! Did you expect less!

2) Diplomacy! I do not recall a game where I was able to manipulate so many leaders into war! Essentially we went to war ONLY when we wanted, and THAT makes a big difference.

3) Keeping Justinian as a great friend until that relationship was no longer useful!

Final RPC Comments!

It was certainly a long road, full of glorious and amazing wins, and diappointing loses! For almost 2 years I have played out these RPCs, often posting a segment a night! Every leader was played at least once (some several times) and all with a unique story, plus a large variety of victory conditions (hell, even time at marathon speed!). Some humerous, some fun, some historical, and some just crazy! But everyone was certainly fun to play out (fun and educational, right).

So as the title of this segment says, All Good Things Come to and End! If it went on forever, they get stale and tiresome. For myself, there is no place further to go here.

Another point I would like to mention is that there are alot of different strategies that are illustrated in the games, such as the SE, trade route economy, numerous isolated starts, CE (even with no open borders), Espionage (Mao and Peter), and of course alot of bloodbathes!

Also, anyone should feel free to run their own RPCs. There is nothing stopping someone from starting up their own, and there are still plenty of ideas arround, plus rehashing old one!

For myself, I plan to build my own mild mod, and perhaps I will post that and play out a few RPC games with that! Perhaps not, we will see. I will say I plan to add 1 new leader, and of course you probably know who that would be!!! (No, not Hitler :nono: ).

What I do promise is to post a few open challenges for all of you to play, complete with RPC rules for you all to follow (or break :lol: ). I did one earlier in the Mighty Khan which was alot of fun! I have three on teh burner, give a little bit to get one together!

So farewell, but not good Bye!

(and remember to vote on the polls!, I enjoy that stuff alot!)

12. Matthew5117

Matthew5117 Emperor

Great game! 64 hours!

Unfortunately that will be the last time I will have said that.

:cry:

Thank you Mad for the great RPCs you hosted. You deserve anything you want. ;)

On a side note, everyone's leaving! What will the next generation hold for us?

13. smackthewise

smackthewise Prince

Bravo, good sir, BRAVO! That is one of the loooooooooongest and most ruthlessly violent games I have ever seen! Literally going out with a big KA-BOOOOOOOM!!!

Cheers, Mad!

14. schlaufuchs

schlaufuchs La Femme Moderne

Have no fear! Neal's still here (even if he is on hiatus right now...)

15. Killroyan

Killroyan Deity

What a game and what a run. I bow my head for you madscientist and I will keep your name under every post I make. You made work a lot more enjoyable ;) Thx for all the great games and laughs.

16. muxec

muxec Prince

You should have left Shaka's last city for the barbs.

17. DampRain

DampRain Prince

I've read quiet a few of your RPCs, while I didn't post, I did like them very much. Your Washington one where you married catherine for example was hilarious :). Thanks for what you have contributed

18. bestje

bestje Big Game Hunter

A great end to the series Mad, I've really enjoyed following these and will miss them.

Even though scouting by firing nuclear weapons does sound worryingly like you've been reading Attacko's strategies!

19. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

Congratulations Mad!!!!!! :band:
    But now is the end.... the end... :cry:

20. bluefenderstrat

bluefenderstrat Chieftain

LONG-time lurker checking in to say thanks, Mad! This series was an amazing display of patience, endurance, and good humor.