Role Play Challenge: Pericles, Greek God of Peace

You need to butter up hatty and SB if you want a diplo victory. It looks like Zara is going to be your competition.

:goodjob:, quick note on the Catherdrals... not sure if its been posted before, but certain resources will speed up production of Certain religious Cathedrals...being copper, stone, marble.

You can easily enough look up catherdral/resource..

On wonders, its seems they all add 50% culture to the city they are BUILT IN, Eiffel tower only gives free broadcast towers in all cities...big deal, you really only want 3

Plus the usual happy benefits/tradable resources..

:goodjob:, quick note on the Catherdrals... not sure if its been posted before, but certain resources will speed up production of Certain religious Cathedrals...being copper, stone, marble.

You can easily enough look up catherdral/resource..

On wonders, its seems they all add 50% culture to the city they are BUILT IN, Eiffel tower only gives free broadcast towers in all cities...big deal, you really only want 3

Plus the usual happy benefits/tradable resources..

Thats why in my game I claimed the copper resource early. I also went for Judaism, knowing that I have stone. I was lucky and hinduism was founded at another continent. so judaism became the religion at our continent and later Darius switched to Confucianism( I was the founder too), which saved me pretty much from Toku.

Well you can guess who my vassal ended up being now. Yep everybodys favourite enemy Tokugawa. :)

I was lucky early on to get the city sites (and pop iron) I wanted so Toku was very squashed culturally and apart from one very early war didn't cause me any trouble (Toku had a few wars with Darius though).

I see you traded for steam power notice the lack of coal as well, doesn't make an ironworks city very appealing does it? :lol:

Looking forward to the next instalment and hopefully Toku has learnt his lesson now.

Well you can guess who my vassal ended up being now. Yep everybodys favourite enemy Tokugawa. :)

I was lucky early on to get the city sites (and pop iron) I wanted so Toku was very squashed culturally and apart from one very early war didn't cause me any trouble (a few wars with Darius though).

I see you traded for steam power notice the lack of coal as well, doesn't make an ironworks city very appealing does it? :lol:

Looking forward to the next instalment and hopefully Toku has learnt his lesson now.

Let's see, was there ever a more useless build for the Ironworks? Going for a cultural victory with no iron or coal.Don't think that has ever happened to me before!!!

However, we do have oil and uranium:crazyeye:

well looks like the rest of this game will be peaceful, hattie has never backstabbed me and Hammurabi is unlikely to you can't be the civ he dislikes the most

you haven't spread hinduism to argos, don't you need to to build the last cathedral?

don't rely to much on a diplo victory as they require a bigger degree of luck unless you play diplomination.
how sure are you on who your opponent will be and can you manipulate someone unpopular into the role so all your friends will vote for you?

well looks like the rest of this game will be peaceful, hattie has never backstabbed me and Hammurabi is unlikely to you can't be the civ he dislikes the most

you haven't spread hinduism to argos, don't you need to to build the last cathedral?

don't rely to much on a diplo victory as they require a bigger degree of luck unless you play diplomination.
how sure are you on who your opponent will be and can you manipulate someone unpopular into the role so all your friends will vote for you?

I think diplo is viable IF Hammarabi or Sitting Bull become the top dog, but I think that is unlikely. Also diplo is not always about near domination, remember the OCC with Rome!

Argos I thought I spread hinduism to but I may have missed it. I'll put it on my "to do" list.

I also agree the rest of the game should be peaceful unless Toku goes stupid again (which he might). That 3-way DP pretty much assures it although I need to watch out for a backstabbing naval assault on Athens.

I wasn't saying diplomacy required near domination but winning requires luck unless almost the whole world is vassalised. I remember the rome OCC, definitely victory from the jaws of defeat in that game though

how far behind in size are hammurabi and SB; if they don't have biology gifting them it usually causes a rapid pop increase, trading them health and happiness might help as well.
if you are trading health or happiness to zara consider stopping as this might reduce his pop
i think thats it as far as peaceful methods of affecting who your opponents are go

I wasn't saying diplomacy required near domination but winning requires luck unless almost the whole world is vassalised. I remember the rome OCC, definitely victory from the jaws of defeat in that game though

how far behind in size are hammurabi and SB; if they don't have biology gifting them it usually causes a rapid pop increase, trading them health and happiness might help as well.
if you are trading health or happiness to zara consider stopping as this might reduce his pop
i think thats it as far as peaceful methods of affecting who your opponents are go

Your right on that OCC, especially since the final vots for me came from HC who declared war on me three times:lol:

I have to check out the populations. SB has had BIO for awhile but not sure about hammarabi. Good diea about those resources to Zara.

Madscientist if you're going for a diplo win you might have to find someway to insure Tokugawa gets eliminated. I think he's very likely to defy any UN victory votes.

I was doing so bad in my current game that I'd thought I'd cheer myself up by seeing badly you were doing ;)

But you seem to be in a very healthy situation now. Nicley played mad. I think instigating a war against Toku wasn't breaking the guidelines as such, he was a danger to world peace after all, :mischief:

It will be interesting to see how it plays out now, whichever victory you go for.

I'd build the UN, but focus on a culture victory. No one is close to you there, and by the time the space race is an issue you should be well on your way by that point. Not that you shouldn't try for it, but you need to see who your competition is for a diplomatic victory and butter everyone else up to you.

Madscientist if you're going for a diplo win you might have to find someway to insure Tokugawa gets eliminated. I think he's very likely to defy any UN victory votes.

you can't defy the victory resolution, its vote for one candidate or the other or abstain

Hey, it's not his fault Toku is a jerkwad!!!

And he continues so. We are very close to the win but an extremely unforseen event has occurred that seriously has the Greek God of Peace reconsidering his belief.

To be continued.........

Pericles, Greek God of Peace: Finale!

Well peace is sure alot more stressful at the end of the game compared with world domination!!!! Still Pericles was able to equal his blood-thirsty brother on the first try even though datewise and scorewise he was inferior. But enough of Al, let's see what Pericles did.

First we trade for steel

Now why did I do this. Well maybe someone can inform me since I have iron for cannons!!! But actually it did open up Railroads later on.

I was very free about DPs. Infact alot of this segment is diplo shots.

I should mention here that I teched off radio and mass media. Diplomatic victory is a none-issue since Hatty built it first. After Mass Media I ramped up the culture slider.

Radio got us some nice techs.

Machine guns should help the defensive front

And a trade with Zara.

Supermarkets get's us that one extra food which helps us run one more artist.

We finally got the GT and NP going here

Too much so, that GA pollution is bad.

The horns of War blared and we find

OK,. go get him Zara!!!!!

After Mass media and ramping the slider we adjusted the civics

And we made another trade

we built 1 destroyer, just for Aesthetics!!!!

Very soon after Toku capitulates to Zara, we cheer in the streets as the last obstacle to world peace has been nuetralized!!!!

Also the UN business pops up

OK, Hatty and Zara.

And the victory screen.

As you can see we are moving along.

And then something truely amazing happened

We actually popped a metal!!!! Now we can build Phalynx, woops that was several thousand years ago. But it does help build the last few catherdrals.

Here we culture flipped a Persian city

NOW, this is where things get very interesting!!!

Tokugawa has broken free of Zara, how the hell!!!????? And he has rifles/cavalry/cannons!!!!!! I stared at this diplo screen for a long time. I really need Darius in a DP to Imediately attack Toku if a war happens, yet what happens if Zara DoWs on Hatty (they hate each other)??? If Zara attacks Hatty do I end up DoWing on Zara because of the Darius DP? Not sure but

Pericles trusts in the powers of peace!!!!

But this did not last long as

Darius capitulates to Zara :crazyeye:

To be continued......

Pericles, Greek God of Peace: Finale continued

OK, so I get this request from Zara

Great. we say no and still end up friendly.

NOw this is really nerve wracking.

We just lost our Suagr Daddy!!!! Me thinks Toku is gritting his teeth and I am not sure how intimidating old Darius is.

Here you can see just how close we are!!!!!

Damned Toku!!!!

And Tokyo culture flips to us

Yes we disband it. That will weaken Toku but all we need is one focused malicious attack by the Japanese.

Finally, Hatty capitulates to Zara allowing

OK!!!!

Let Toku come after us now!!!!

Finally Corinth hits legondary at the same time Sparta pops out a GA.

I saved here in case anyone wants to download and do the culture bomb themselves. But of course Pericles drops the bomb

Very Sweet

And the Greek God's Polaroid

So there you have it! A peaceful win for the Greek God of Peace. One of the hardest culture wins yet for me considering we had NO metals and had Toku on our doorstep the entire game.

I'll post the recap in a few minutes!!!!!

Top Bottom