Role Play Challenge, The Next generation: Yes we Can!

Its unlikely that you can get a civ you've DOWd on to vote for you, it seems a better bet to get Joao 16 more votes so he is your opponent as that will give you Zara and Cathy's votes.

You aren't too far away from getting the votes you need, so it isn't a lost cause yet.

Good call, if you have OB you can go a step further and force-convert him to YOUR religion with EP. That will make him chummy to cathy (HR shared civic) though so hope they stay at war.

OK, here's my options right about now

1) Build an army and attack Monty. Yes, I know all wars are stupid but Monty is stupid so it's a puch.

2) Befriend Joao and bribe him into attacking Monty. Given they ar enot close I do not see alot of Aztec cities falling.

3) REsearch Biology and get it to Joao. Given the tech deficieny and the fact my friends will hate me for supporting teh Portugese so much it.s not a good idea.

It is only 16 votes to Joao but how to get him those. The world has been settled pretty much.

Even if your friends wont love you I'm sure they'll vote for you over Joao. Or will they abstain?

they'll vote for him over Joao the problem is definitely getting Joao enough votes without upsetting everyone

Yes We Can: Diplomatic Victory!

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the President of the United States!"

"Fellow Americans, members of the CivFanatics Center, Allies and ruthless enemies.

Today is a momentous occasion for the world, for we have become United as one Global Community. One society where are differences are apprciated for what they are, and not judged by strange Cultures or different faithes or political Allegances.

But how have we come to this Historical Occassion,

I will tell you.

We first start by showing the world that Emancipation is key to developing a great society.

And America has also decided that Democracy is for the entire world, a privalige of mankind and not just an elite few who happen to live in America.

We continue to make favorable trades with our friends, and chastise those that threaten world peace, particularly the Aztecs who are misguided by a dangerous leader.

America, let us enjoy the wisdom of Aristotle

Who has not sought personal fame and glory, but has dedicated his life to our fine country by leading it into a Golden Age of Prosperity.

And we now do not need to promote science so much, but we shall work the lands and allow our populations to grow and enjoy all this country has to offer.

As I mentioned, rougue nations must be shown that we will NOT tolerate agressive behavior.

Soon the Aztec nation was defeated by A combined world effort and they have become a Vassal of the Noble Byzantines who will show compassion and tech tolerance and democracy to them.

These events have strengthened the worlds' view towards America, as shown in the world UN Diplomatic Victory vote.

I know my fellow Americans, you expected us to lead the UN and world, even though we committed more support to the UN than other nations, even though we sought world peace more than other nations, even though we built the Great House of the United Nations on our own soil.

Still, the world has been United as one force, under the Guidance and Leadership of Justinian.

Thank you!"

LOL! A great ending to the story. Though I think Obama should have voted for Justinian too! I guess you did succeed in creating a largely peaceful and happy world. I mean if everyone is that friendly with you they must just love Justinian. Well done!

:rotfl:

Didn't really expect the ending :lol:.

Don't give up MadScientist! I'm sure you'll win your next RPC.

Who's next?

The Recap:

Well, technically if you read my OP with Victory conditions

He can only win by a UN diplomatic win!

There was a diplomatic win, so he won the RPC!

Seriously, My goal was to lay low as Joao was planning for war and the best chance for an Obama Un win :D was to let things fall as they will.

Anyway, this was a great example of how fast we can actually tech in a peaceful, trade happy game! I mean Physics by 1000 AD, the UN somewhere near 1400 AD, WOW!

I will start an pregame thread soon as I want some advice and input on conditions, but the next leader is

Comrad Lenin, the Atheist who must remove religion from the world! Yes, Old Mad Scientists's trigger finger is a little itchy after watching Obama's restraint and Diplomacy!

PS: Many thanks to TMIT for his advice which Obama shamelessly used and treated as his own! That was intentional thoughout the game!

:p. Interesting ending. In peaceful games the land grab is so important. That was the SOLE difference in our games...we both speed teched and even bulbed many of the same techs...but I had about 100 more votes from own pop ;).

I still think you could have fudged it with careful espionage but seeing it end this way for obama is also fun :lol:.

Holy .... Justinian won even with your big diplo numbers? Really wow. But a great ending. I never saw that one coming haha.

its the risk of playing the really happy friendly game, is that everyone likes everyone else!

Good to see you writing these again Mad, I and I expect a lot of other people were missing them!

I always loved this RPC, but it got even funnier with todays vote on the 2016 Olympics.

Just like Justinian, Rio snuck in for the victory.

"Snuck" in? Most of what I've been reading has asserted that it was always the favorite. Unlike here, where no matter what's going on, Mad is the favorite!

Ladies and Gentlemen, the President of the United State:

"My fellow Civfanatics, I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for helping me optain the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009. Frankly this is a shock to me, and I don't know what to say. Now some of you have ridiculed me for allowing Justinian to get an UN diplomatic win, but you doubters did not have the foresight to appreciate the higher goal to be reached. For I have now recieved one of the highest awards in mankind, for doing what I do not know, however I know I am loved which is all that really matters.

So loyal Civfanatics, I must say thankyou, because obviously this RPC is the true reason I have won this most treasured prize.

Godd Night, and Obama bless you all!"

end teleprompt

Top Bottom