Rome Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

emperorosmar

Chieftain
rome sucks in this game cant even control half of europe .....
almost impossible...its there anyway u can change that dude beside times goes to fast in this scenario...u cant really do anything with rome...

Try conquering Greece, Carthage/North Africa, Spain, and France in that order. Then destroy the Scottish city on England's island, and the cities in Turkey. Then when the Spainish spawn, you shouldn't have a hard time putting them down, if you act fast. Same with the French, although they might put up a stronger resistance. England isn't a problem either, just don't found any cities and leave some legions near their spawn, and give them one hell of a welcome.

And if you want, take on Germany, or let them live. Or you could just weaken them, and use them as a buffer between you and Russia. The only European nation you'll have a tough time dealing with is Russia.

An alt. strategy would be destroying and subjugating all of the European nations, and then switching to America when they spawn. Then you can tech Rome up, and make them into a close allie. I did this in my recent game, and with Rome's help I conquered the world.

I just played a game as rome... it was pathetic. Started out good, took carthage out like 5 turns into the game. From then until spain showed up, i had gotten at least 7 more cities, so the total is now 9 cities, in italy, france, spain, and north africa. The second spain showed up, the game went downhill. First they razed my spanish city, and then pretty much every single praetorian decided to join the uprising. Left with almost no army, and now my archers defending my cities deciding to liberate spain too, im pretty much screwed. Enter france... you can guess what happened now...

Whatever you do, do NOT resist the formation of new civs. Let them form, then crush them mercilessly.

If you let them have your city, you won't suffer from that evil army-stealing rebelliousness. If you don't, you keep your city, but your armies basically all join them over the next several turns.

It is entirely possible to not have your empire fall apart when France and Spain spawn. Simply keep your praetorians out of France and Spain, and only leave warriors in the cities. When the civs emerge, allow them to take the city... and then send in your army to crush them.

That's the proper way to deal with France and Spain, but remember, if you don't have cities where they spawn, just leave a stack there and take them out when they appear. No rebellion, no cities, no problem. This is what I do to England, Germany, and Russia.

If you completely ignore historical objectives it's really easy to build a roman empire in medival times.

On all earlier games I played Rome (On emperor) I always could dominate the whole world, all of europe, w.africa and middle eastern fall easy.

So if anything rome* is to easy.

*pre 1.27 atleast cuz I havent played rome on it

No, it doesn´t. You just don´t know how to do it. :)

Anyway, follow the tips given here.

No, it doesn´t. You just don´t know how to do it. :)

Anyway, follow the tips given here.

did i ask for uhh..advice ...if u dont have nothing to say pls dont post here...<snip>
as i was saying..
time goes to fast in this scenario u really cant do much with rome not even with ur hmmm "tips" really if time pass a lil longer then it should be ok for rome...time pass gay for rome so its just hard to make history in this scenario with rome...impossible?...u just get praetorians with no buildings..but then again ur economy goes down...and research goes down...how can u be able to have at least europe...with no economy..its hard man hard

Moderator Action: Warned for flaming. Elhoim, and anyone else for that matter, can post here if they want. Elhoim was simply telling you to read the tips to help you out.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

You don't have to compete with anybody in tech until the Europeans, and Arabians show up.

There are three ways to solve this problem.

Conquer europe, and build close relations with Egypt, Mali, and Arabia.

Conquer mainland europe. and build close relations with England, Russia, and possibly Germany.

Conquer europe, compete with Arabia, and close ties with the United States.

All depends on your religion, and prior relations.

Also, you can get some techs out of the Germans and French if you want to take your take re-conquering them.

did i ask for uhh..advice ...if u dont have nothing to say pls dont post here...what a moron anyways

Thanks for the advice! I&#180;ll refrain from posting here from now on :)

EDIT: Oh, BTW, if you want to give a constructive critisims instead of just saying "Rome sucks", come to this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=196230

Check the latest pages for the latest discussion.

PD: Suerte con el juego y trat&#225; de ser un poco mas civil en tus respuestas en vez de insultar porque te dije que ten&#233;s que mejorar un poco en tu t&#233;cnica y escuchar los consejos que te dijeron. Si yo no agreg&#233; ninguno fue porque los que te dijeron eran muy buenos.

Bueno, saludos y suerte!

(Resume in english: I wished him luck with the game, and adviced him to try to be a little more polite in his anwers.)

I actually just finished a game as the Romans... 200 turns after the game ended. :lol:

Anyways, I didn't get any of the historical objectives, but I did manage to take France right back once it spawned. I didn't manage to take Spain back until about the 18th century, but in between I took over most of Germany and had enough cities to overtake the Iberian peninsula.

...And if you're wondering what happened after that, let's just say that London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Moscow, Rome, Athens, and Babil all fly the emblem of the SPQR. ;) America actually owns just about every square inch of the Americas, which is scary. It's unbelievable what can happen if you play on this mod long enough (in the game, only five civs were still alive and one was an OCC).

I actually just finished a game as the Romans... 200 turns after the game ended. :lol:

Anyways, I didn't get any of the historical objectives, but I did manage to take France right back once it spawned. I didn't manage to take Spain back until about the 18th century, but in between I took over most of Germany and had enough cities to overtake the Iberian peninsula.

...And if you're wondering what happened after that, let's just say that London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Moscow, Rome, Athens, and Babil all fly the emblem of the SPQR. ;) America actually owns just about every square inch of the Americas, which is scary. It's unbelievable what can happen if you play on this mod long enough (in the game, only five civs were still alive and one was an OCC).

I'm curious, how did your relations with America go ? I got to witness the results for the American POV, with Rome friendly to me, and like I said before, we pretty much divided up the world. Me controlling the Americas, and Asia; Rome controlling the Middle East, Africa, and Europe.

I'm curious, how did your relations with America go ? I got to witness the results for the American POV, with Rome friendly to me, and like I said before, we pretty much divided up the world. Me controlling the Americas, and Asia; Rome controlling the Middle East, Africa, and Europe.

To be honest, America was my best friend through the course of the entire game. Although they declared war on me once (since me declaring on Isabella triggered a defensive pact) there wasn't much in the way of fighting and our relations were great the rest of the time.

As for conquering the world, I took over all of Europe (including the British Isles) and past the Ural mountains in central Russia, in addition to controlling most of North Africa and just taking over the Near East from Persia (America was my ally in that war).

did i ask for uhh..advice ...if u dont have nothing to say pls dont post here...<snip>
as i was saying..
time goes to fast in this scenario u really cant do much with rome not even with ur hmmm "tips" really if time pass a lil longer then it should be ok for rome...time pass gay for rome so its just hard to make history in this scenario with rome...impossible?...u just get praetorians with no buildings..but then again ur economy goes down...and research goes down...how can u be able to have at least europe...with no economy..its hard man hard

Moderator Action: Warned for flaming. Elhoim, and anyone else for that matter, can post here if they want. Elhoim was simply telling you to read the tips to help you out.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Man you got some bad attitude.

Wow! This is the first time I see a warning in Rhye's forum! Congrats, emperorosmar!:clap:

Seriously, he has really bad attitude.

But the off-topic will end... NOW!

In the newest version I've seen a Rome, that pwns France and Spain, and a Rome that gets crushed by barbs. Great variety.

Yeah, those barbs are TOUGH. I lure them into the choke points of Italy, and crush them, but I never bother to expand into the balkans. Other than taking Greece of course, which is an easy location to defend.

Rome sucks??? You must be kidding, Rome is among the easiest to play in this game, you can achieve what ever kind of victory you wish at Monarch. Try Mali or a new world civ if you want a true challenge ;-)

true...

I've seen Rome taken by the celts instead

this is UR game...nice job making this game forreal, ur time goes so fast u cant even make history here... rome sucks in this game is the truth....how cna u make history in here...time passing so FAST....forreal ur game sucks...end of this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom