Rookie organizer starting "TacoFish2"

Ugh. I wondered in setting up game on my Civ 4, how the program would get preferred names beyond mine. I thot perhaps as the turn came to each player, they could enter their preferred name. Seems not? :confused:

We can do a restart after i/someone figure out how leader names get modified before start. :scan:
I tried cliking on each <Human> entry box & there was no edit choice.
Anyone know how & where leader names are entered/edited ??

What are everyone's thots?

While creating pbem game one should click on square on the left side of where it says "human". Then you will be able to enter the names of all players. These should be same as their names on pbemtracker.

Growing pains. I'm really surprised though that no one has prepared a step by step list of how to start a game yet. There must be one hidden in the archives.

We shall soldier on. A restart seems the best course.

Edit: I've just looked at the in game PBEM "staging room" for the first time. Seems that you can click on the left side and enter game details. I wonder which of those fields can be left to default and which need to be filled out.

OK the error of ways & cliks is as MrC suggests. :bowdown:

One must <clik> on leftmost button for that Human.
Therein lies the selected player's profile details. :clap:

OK. I too vote, even tho it's MORE work for moi', for a restart with correct player info . :blush:

Hearing no strong objections over the next few hours, i'll complete & restart,

One must <clik> on leftmost button for that Human.
Therein lies the selected player's profile details. :clap:
,[/COLOR]

Exactly.

I believe it is also possible for every player to change their name during their turn. Click on the button in the top right corner of the main screen in the game. Then go to your details, or smth like this.

Exactly.

I believe it is also possible for every player to change their name during their turn. Click on the button in the top right corner of the main screen in the game. Then go to your details, or smth like this.

Correct.

Go into Game Menu (Esc will do it) and choose Your Details
You can change your leader name, and password, and other stuff like tribe name.

No real need to restart the game, just send the saves on by email and let everyone edit their name how they like it, and then Kenwyn can edit pbemtracker to match, and after that you can just use pbemtracker from that point.

Correct.

Go into Game Menu (Esc will do it) and choose Your Details
You can change your leader name, and password, and other stuff like tribe name.

No real need to restart the game, just send the saves on by email and let everyone edit their name how they like it, and then Kenwyn can edit pbemtracker to match, and after that you can just use pbemtracker from that point.

A snippet from your forthcoming seminal work "CIV PBEM startups for Dummies"?

I just want to thank you in advance for your contributions to the community.

;)

Restart - me too! Can not send to Frederick (Kokturk) via PBEM tracker

OK guys, seems my lack of knowledge on this 1st attempt has brought us a halt. :blush:

Plus some less-than-good starting spots... bring us restart. :cry:

I think the safest, cleanest, & fastest (except my part) path is to start fresh.
That includes creating a new Tracker game.

Mite even want to create a new, fresh thread? What do U think?
"tacofish2a" ;)

I will work on it later today. Alot of copy-&-pasting lies ahead. :(

OK guys, seems my lack of knowledge on this 1st attempt has brought us a halt. :blush:

Plus some less-than-good starting spots... bring us restart. :cry:

I think the safest, cleanest, & fastest (except my part) path is to start fresh.
That includes creating a new Tracker game.

Mite even want to create a new, fresh thread? What do U think?
"tacofish2a" ;)

I will work on it later today. Alot of copy-&-pasting lies ahead. :(

I am not clear on why you need to create a new pbemtracker game?
Unless you are determined to use a new name for the restart ?

Thanks for thots, Bath.

I may try & see if a new initial upload will reset everything back to original. :confused:
If that fails, then i'll do a complete new restart. :(

Off i go... again.

OK guys, we are (finally) on track & rolling, correctly, down the path to yet another world of fun & conquest! :thumbsup:

Turn is ready for Osbi at Tracker.

Sorry for the rookie mistakes but the learning curve has been climbed. :blush:

Now we just need to get over the hump of letting me change my in game name to Al Binnah. Or La Binnah. I am leaning towards the second as it is a palidrome rather than a mundane anagram.

Anagrams for thenamepicked:

Admit Henpecked
Keep Them Candid
Patched Mid Knee
Ed Panicked Them
Cadet Kid Hempen
Keep Damned Chit
He Picked Tandem

Geez, we gotta get this game cranking... these boys are starting to lose it with entirely too much time on their hands. :crazyeye:

Osbi, help them, give them something to do with their time & computer other than the above, soon!?
:eek:

Top Bottom