RR3- Spain on a lake.....

Got it
78910 (stupid rule!!!)

1550 AD
Sully can spare us drama for a good friend. :)
I figure another 10 of build up should have us ready for another war, and we NEED help with tech. Drama will make the next war easier to deal with.

We never built our UU the Citadel gives siege units 5 experience points, but are building siege units? :wallbash:
Even the one extra trade route for a buck doesn't hurt.

1570 AD
We are screwed as border expansions isolated Istanbul.

1590 AD
(IT) The next tech is literature. I want to option to build the Heroic Epic.

1595 AD
(IT) I pick feudalism as a placeholder tech.

1600 AD
I give Suly paper, and get compass plus $110 in cash. Our trade options are to limited, and since war is coming we better get more from Suly.

War with Suly is a must for the next player. With Istanbul isolated from the empire, we can't delay the fight. If I didn't extort drama I would have started the war already.

Well, we definitely will not gain anything in waiting more.... so war it is.

Immy, as you are always complaining that the game is going dull, you're UP to reopen the hostilities :D

I think we have enough money to upgrade 6 swords to maces (660g), so we actually do not need any more maces. Hence I would stop the mace build in Barcelona. Instead we need pikes. A few more pikes. We currently have ZERO, while we know there are at least 4 knights in Kayseri. Consider upgrading only 4 swords to maces (440g), and upgrade the 2 spears we have to pikes (190g). We may want to turn off research for a turn to squeeze out money for one more sword upgrade. In any case, we probably have to turn off research once our stacks move out.

I would also move a couple of axes from Edirne to Barcelona for MP duty.

Which city are we going to attack first? If it was Ankara, then it is actually better to attack from Barcelona heading in NW direction. Attack from Istanbul will need one more turn to cross river. If we are going to attack a presently unseen city in the west of Edirne (SW of Istanbul), then our current troops deployment is fine.

Now I think of it, we should build the Moai in Seville. Samsum or Salamanca is going to take way too long to build it.

I don't forsee us whipping in 4 turns (well Salamanca might be whippable next turn, but we can also wait to whip 4 turns later), so let's switch to Tribal and save ourselves 4gpt (and eliminate the annoying slave revolt).

--

You will note that the Great Builder just said he'd play by tomorrow not report by tomorrow :)

To answer that, we apply the "Test of a Reasonable Man". The court will have to ask itself if a reasonable man would indeed only expect that the defendant would played on the said "tomorrow" and not expect a report within the next 24hrs after the said tomorrow.

But then again, a reasonable man would probably not expect a lawyer to keep his words within reasons.

:D

Sorry, I've had a lot of stuff on my plate - such as a funeral. Either I can play tomorrow or one of you takes it...

Okay guys, sorry for the delay. Though it wasn't worth it. The game is lost, admit it.

We meet Brennus.

Even he is more advanced than we are...

I move in on Ankara - two nice stacks. But we fqace Knights and Janissaries...

We get a GS. I bulb part of Education as to not lose the Scientist in case we lose the city.

Wow, we get Feudalism...

Next turn we may take Ankara, but I doubt it...

We face Knights and Janissaries, and in 6 or 7 turns it will be Curassiers. We are far behind in tech. This one is lost...

Spoiler The Log :

Logging by BUG Mod 3.6 [Build 1695] (BtS 3.13-3.17)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 230/500 (1600 AD) [16-Apr-2009 22:38:20]
40% Research: 116 per turn
0% Culture: 127 per turn
0% Espionage: 29 per turn
60% Gold: 5 per turn, 91 in the bank

After End Turn:
Madrid grows to size 13
Seville finishes: Crossbowman
Cordoba finishes: Pikeman
Salamanca grows to size 5

Turn 231/500 (1605 AD) [16-Apr-2009 22:39:26]
Diplomacy: Churchill (England) offers to trade Open Borders to Cuban Isolationist (Spain) for Open Borders
Diplomacy: Cuban Isolationist (Spain) rejects trade of Open Borders to Churchill (England) for Open Borders
Cordoba begins: Pikeman (3 turns)
Seville begins: Pikeman (3 turns)
Spearman 3 (Madrid) (Pikeman) promoted: Combat I
Crossbowman promoted: City Garrison I
40% Research: 114 per turn
0% Culture: 127 per turn
60% Gold: 5 per turn, 96 in the bank

After End Turn:
The whip was applied in Barcelona
A Hamlet was built near Madrid
Barcelona finishes: Maceman
Seville finishes: Pikeman
A Village was built near Toledo
Santiago grows to size 5

Turn 232/500 (1610 AD) [16-Apr-2009 22:41:34]
Barcelona begins: Pikeman (6 turns)
40% Research: 109 per turn
0% Culture: 116 per turn
0% Espionage: 27 per turn
60% Gold: 2 per turn, 101 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Istanbul
Madrid finishes: Trebuchet

Other Player Actions:
Player contact made: Brennus of Celtia
Attitude Change: Brennus (Celtia) towards Churchill (England), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 233/500 (1615 AD) [16-Apr-2009 22:43:11]
Madrid begins: Maceman (3 turns)
X-Bow Force I (Crossbowman) promoted: City Garrison I
40% Research: 109 per turn
0% Culture: 116 per turn
0% Espionage: 27 per turn
60% Gold: 0 per turn, 103 in the bank

After End Turn:
Madrid finishes: Maceman
A Town was built near Toledo
Istanbul finishes: Theatre
Salamanca grows to size 6

Turn 234/500 (1620 AD) [16-Apr-2009 22:44:25]
Diplomacy: Brennus (Celtia) offers to trade Optics to Cuban Isolationist (Spain) for Engineering
Diplomacy: Cuban Isolationist (Spain) rejects trade of Engineering to Brennus (Celtia) for Optics
Madrid begins: Pikeman (2 turns)
Cuban Isolationist (Spain) declares war on Suleiman (Ottomans)
Maceman promoted: Combat I
Crossbowman promoted: City Garrison II
Crossbowman promoted: Combat I
Archer 6 (Madrid) (Archer) promoted: City Garrison I
Archer 8 (Seville) (Archer) promoted: City Garrison I
Anti-Horse Corps II (Pikeman) promoted: Combat I
40% Research: 102 per turn
0% Culture: 119 per turn
0% Espionage: 23 per turn
60% Gold: -28 per turn, 103 in the bank

After End Turn:
Madrid finishes: Pikeman
Barcelona finishes: Pikeman
Toledo grows to size 12
Edirne's borders expand
Samsun's borders expand
Santiago grows to size 6

Other Player Actions:
A Hamlet was built near Seville
Attitude Change: Suleiman (Ottomans) towards Cuban Isolationist (Spain), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 235/500 (1625 AD) [16-Apr-2009 22:47:37]
Madrid begins: Pikeman (2 turns)
A Farm was built near Madrid
Anti-Horse Corps I (Pikeman) promoted: Combat I
Anti-Horse Corps I (Pikeman) promoted: Combat II
Anti-Horse Corps III (Pikeman) promoted: Combat I
Anti-Horse Corps VI (Pikeman) promoted: Combat I
Maceman promoted: Combat II
20% Research: 58 per turn
0% Culture: 130 per turn
80% Gold: 13 per turn, 75 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Edirne
Barcelona grows to size 13
Salamanca grows to size 7

Other Player Actions:
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Swordsman 1 (Seville) (2.00/8) defeats Ottoman Catapult (Prob Victory: 87.8%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Swordsman 6 (Madrid) loses to Ottoman Knight (7.00/10) (Prob Victory: 3.4%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Maceman loses to Ottoman Crossbowman (3.12/6) (Prob Victory: 8.1%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Strike Force II loses to Ottoman Knight (2.00/10) (Prob Victory: 9.9%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Axeman (2.70/5) defeats Ottoman Trebuchet (Prob Victory: 42.8%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Trebuchet loses to Ottoman Maceman (6.96/8) (Prob Victory: 0.6%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Swordsman loses to Ottoman Knight (10.00/10) (Prob Victory: 0.1%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Trebuchet loses to Ottoman Crossbowman (4.32/6) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Axeman loses to Ottoman Knight (6.40/10) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Swordsman loses to Ottoman Horse Archer (6.00/6) (Prob Victory: 0.9%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Axeman 3 (Seville) loses to Ottoman Knight (10.00/10) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Axeman 9 (Barcelona) loses to Ottoman Janissary (7.92/9) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Axeman loses to Ottoman Longbowman (3.12/6) (Prob Victory: 0.3%)
Civics Change: Suleiman(Ottomans) from 'Decentralization' to 'Mercantilism'

Turn 236/500 (1630 AD) [16-Apr-2009 22:50:04]
Swordsman 3 (Cordoba) (Maceman) promoted: Combat I
Swordsman 7 (Seville) (Maceman) promoted: Combat I
20% Research: 54 per turn
0% Culture: 128 per turn
80% Gold: 26 per turn, 73 in the bank

After End Turn:
Madrid finishes: Pikeman
Xi Ling Shi (Great Scientist) born in Istanbul

Other Player Actions:
While defending in Ottoman territory near Ankara, Swordsman 3 (Cordoba) (3.84/8) defeats Ottoman Catapult (Prob Victory: 54.0%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Maceman (5.92/8) defeats Ottoman Catapult (Prob Victory: 97.4%)
A Village was built near Barcelona
Attitude Change: Brennus (Celtia) towards Cuban Isolationist (Spain), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
Civics Change: Hatshepsut(Egypt) from 'Mercantilism' to 'State Property'

Turn 237/500 (1635 AD) [16-Apr-2009 22:52:28]
Sword Battalion IX (Swordsman) promoted: Combat I
A Farm was built near Seville
Madrid begins: Maceman (2 turns)
20% Research: 56 per turn
80% Gold: 21 per turn, 99 in the bank

After End Turn:
The whip was applied in Salamanca
Tech research finished: Feudalism
Barcelona finishes: Pikeman
Cordoba grows to size 10
Samsun grows to size 4
Salamanca finishes: Courthouse

Other Player Actions:
Civics Change: Brennus(Celtia) from 'Caste System' to 'Slavery'
Civics Change: Brennus(Celtia) from 'Decentralization' to 'Mercantilism'

Turn 238/500 (1640 AD) [16-Apr-2009 22:54:40]
Research begun: Horseback Riding (4 Turns)
Salamanca begins: Library (90 turns)
Cordoba begins: Maceman (4 turns)
30% Research: 80 per turn
0% Espionage: 31 per turn
70% Gold: 0 per turn, 10 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Salamanca
Madrid finishes: Maceman
Edirne finishes: Trebuchet
Santiago grows to size 7
A Hamlet was built near Santiago
Salamanca grows to size 4

Other Player Actions:
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Maceman (6.96/8) defeats Ottoman Catapult (Prob Victory: 97.4%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Maceman loses to Ottoman Knight (6.40/10) (Prob Victory: 27.0%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Maceman 1 (Madrid) loses to Ottoman Knight (4.60/10) (Prob Victory: 31.3%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Maceman loses to Ottoman Knight (8.20/10) (Prob Victory: 31.3%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Maceman (6.96/8) defeats Ottoman Catapult (Prob Victory: 99.7%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Maceman (4.56/8) defeats Ottoman Horse Archer (Prob Victory: 90.0%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Maceman (2.24/8) defeats Ottoman Knight (Prob Victory: 29.0%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Crossbowman (4.68/6) defeats Ottoman Catapult (Prob Victory: 96.1%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Crossbowman (3.90/6) defeats Ottoman Catapult (Prob Victory: 99.8%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Maceman (3.04/8) defeats Ottoman Knight (Prob Victory: 49.1%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Crossbowman (1.62/6) defeats Ottoman Maceman (Prob Victory: 34.7%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Catapult loses to Ottoman Crossbowman (2.94/6) (Prob Victory: 17.5%)
Attitude Change: Suleiman (Ottomans) towards Cuban Isolationist (Spain), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 239/500 (1645 AD) [16-Apr-2009 22:56:29]
Maceman promoted: Formation
While attacking in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Maceman (2.16/8) defeats Ottoman Knight (Prob Victory: 52.2%)
While attacking in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Maceman (1.84/8) defeats Ottoman Knight (Prob Victory: 63.2%)
While attacking in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Swordsman 4 (Madrid) (4.56/6) defeats Ottoman Knight (Prob Victory: 80.6%)
While attacking in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Timur (2.32/4) defeats Ottoman Crossbowman (Prob Victory: 84.1%)
Crossbowman promoted: Combat II
A Farm was built near Cordoba
A Farm was built near Cordoba
Edirne begins: Crossbowman (6 turns)
Seville begins: Maceman (4 turns)
Madrid begins: Maceman (2 turns)
30% Research: 81 per turn
0% Espionage: 31 per turn
70% Gold: -4 per turn, 10 in the bank

After End Turn:
Cordoba finishes: Maceman

Other Player Actions:
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Crossbowman (2.88/6) defeats Ottoman Catapult (Prob Victory: 77.5%)
While defending in Ottoman territory at Ankara, Crossbowman loses to Ottoman Crossbowman (3.60/6) (Prob Victory: 10.6%)
While defending in Ottoman territory near Konya, Swordsman 4 (Madrid) loses to Ottoman Longbowman (3.48/6) (Prob Victory: 23.2%)
While defending in Ottoman territory near Edirne, Anti-Horse Corps VIII loses to Ottoman Maceman (5.76/8) (Prob Victory: 1.3%)

Turn 240/500 (1650 AD) [16-Apr-2009 22:58:36]
Timur (Chariot) promoted: Morale
Cordoba begins: Maceman (4 turns)

Battle Stats:
Units victorious while attacking: 4
Units victorious while defending: 13
Units withdrawing while attacking: 0
Units defeated while attacking: 0
Units defeated while defending: 18
Units escaping while attacking: 0

:egypt:

·Imhotep·;7992897 said:
Okay guys, sorry for the delay. Though it wasn't worth it. The game is lost, admit it.
We got the short end of the stick for contact, and lack of trading. Being isolated and losing trade routes means we needed an offset. A Hyrda would have done that - one founded religion wasn't enough. In addition we had crap land with two few cottage.

i agree with LK, our lands were pretty :( and even our lake was 1 square.

We really needed a hydra to offset all the disadvantages

So, anyone wants a rerun ? :p

With 2 conditions:

1) The team agree a pure push for a hydra. Forget the rest, and get a hin-bud-jew capitol.

2) A better capitol. All those plains sucked, and people would NOT put cottages on them. I *hate* irrigated plains in general except when needed for chain irrigation to a key tile or very food poor city.

I'm bowing out for the re-run. I may be on Civ hiatus for a longer time anyway...

Top Bottom