RtW: Add-On Pack 2 Release!

Dale

Mohawk Games Developer
The Road to War: Add-on Pack 2!

With a recorded 90,000+ downloads (from all sources) the Road to War has become the second most popular mod for Civilization IV!

A HUGE thankyou to all the fans of RtW for helping to form the best World War II mod available for Civ4!

Join the war and rewrite history today!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Notes:

The current version is Released 2.0 and is dated 15 April 2008.

The current version is for Beyond the Sword 3.13.

Please ensure you use the latest version and BtS patch for compatibility and support.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER:

THIS ADD-ON PACK IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH FIRAXIS GAMES OR 2K GAMES IN ANY WAY. USE OF THIS ADD-ON IS AT THE USER'S DISCRETION AND FIRAXIS GAMES, 2K GAMES AND THE MAKERS OF THIS MOD ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES.

BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS ADD-ON PACK THE USER ACCEPTS THESE TERMS AND ACCEPTS THAT USE OF THE ADD-ON PACK IS AT THEIR DISCRETION.

Installation:

Please follow these instructions to obtain and install the Add-On Pack:

1. Download the Add-On Pack (410 Meg). http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9121
2. Delete the existing RtW Mod folder ..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\The Road to War
3. Unzip the downloaded file to the same Mods folder as step 2 ..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\.
4. Start BtS, the RtW and play!

Changes:

There have been a great many changes in the Road to War over the last six months. The changes are so comprehensive that no definitive change list exists. However, you will notice differences in every aspect of the game.

Other:

Please post any comments, suggestions, bugs or anything else to do with RtW Add-On Pack 2 in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=271445

I hope you enjoy The Road to War!

Dale

PS: 1936 - Global Assault will be available after the next patch (it was too big to downgrade to 3.13).

Awesome i am downloading it now:p

my last game was as Nazis, i eventually conquered all of my enemies in Europe Africa and America

I also played as the phillipines in the pacific and actually won :) weird though the major civs- US, UK did less than Australia and Dutch (hope this will be fixed)

;and also are any new units in this add on pack?
will combined arms mod be in this?(i love that mod;))

Wow, a lot of ass-covering there on the DL page! (No, just kiddin'!):p DLing.

And Global Assault is too big to downgrade?! You have been busy! :goodjob: Dale!:thumbsup:

Congratulation Dale on adding yet another awesome incarnation of an all time modding master piece. I am downloading with great excitement. It is sure the time to tread this Road once again.

Thankyou, it's great to hear that someone has fun with the mod. Yes, 90,000 people downloaded AOP1, but don't assume they all tell me if they enjoy the mod. ;)

Wow, a lot of ass-covering there on the DL page! (No, just kiddin'!):p DLing.

And Global Assault is too big to downgrade?! You have been busy! :goodjob: Dale!:thumbsup:

Yeah, being an official BtS mod certain disclaimers are required. ;)

As for Global Assault, it was written in the next patch (as an official mod I get certain liberties in assisting patch writing) but when it was obvious it had been delayed I downgraded AOP2 to 3.13. But the 1936 - GA is too big to downgrade. :)

Dale,
As always, wonderful job. I have literally played no other game (Civ or otherwise) except for RTW since I bought BTS last year! WW2 rocks and I appreciate your work on this effort. Downloading now.

Is there a difference btw this release and beta 3 of 1.2 ?

Can one switch on/off features in DCM 1.5 ?

Theres a number of changes from last beta to AOP2, including all the maps.

Yes, use the same XML file as DCM to turn things on/off.

Well, I successfully installed the new AOP, but I get the same result I did with 1.2 beta3 -- it crashes to disk upon reload when I hit enter to end the very first turn after loading the next day. It was fine for the hour-plus I played the other night, but not now. I'm playing Open Mode.

RtW AOP2 was downloaded 10,000+ times in the first 48 hours!

That's a whoping 4 Terrabytes of data!

This takes all RtW downloads to over the 100K mark.

Thanks everyone. :)
Dale

Well, I successfully installed the new AOP, but I get the same result I did with 1.2 beta3 -- it crashes to disk upon reload when I hit enter to end the very first turn after loading the next day. It was fine for the hour-plus I played the other night, but not now. I'm playing Open Mode.

Wierd, no one else has reported problems, and I can successfully reload old saves.

Oh damn you Dale, I've only just re-started a game with Germany last week with the old Add on Pack and now you release this.

Could you summerize what new features are in this version? I don't want to download and overwrite my current save.. I'm pretty far along too so I don't want that evil 'incompatible version' message.

Umm...... too many changes to list (or read that as I've forgotten). It's 6 months of changes. :D

Finish your current game, then start a new with AOP2.

What I don't understand is it seems to be specific to RTW, and did the same under beta3. I am currently doing a PBEM *not* using RTW on the same 3.13 install of CIV and that game is running fine.

Dale, I am getting errors loading some of my saved games. I occasionally get lucky and I'm able to load a game, but most of my saves give me a critical error when loading. I'm trying to figure out if it's something on my end or not. AOP1 worked flawlessly for me.

BTW - I love this mod. I just stumbled on it a few weeks ago and have been playing it whenever I get a chance. Keep up the good work!

Hi Dale,

Good job

But.. Am i reading the tech tree wrong or are german heavy tanks worse than light tanks. 35 Str, 3 mov?

regards

Dale

Dale, I am getting errors loading some of my saved games. I occasionally get lucky and I'm able to load a game, but most of my saves give me a critical error when loading. I'm trying to figure out if it's something on my end or not. AOP1 worked flawlessly for me.

BTW - I love this mod. I just stumbled on it a few weeks ago and have been playing it whenever I get a chance. Keep up the good work!

Hi, please post one of the save games. :)

Top Bottom