RtW: Add-On Pack 2 Release!

Hey Dale! Thanks for the reply. I did get my saves to load by manually starting up the mod before loading the game. I used to load right off of the BTS main menu and letting the save load the mod. Now my problem is the very next turn I get the critical error. I'll load it up, end my turn, watch a few planes fly around then it will crash.

My save

Sounds like I am having much the same problem: I too start the mod then load the game, hit return to end the turn, see a couple of spy planes fly around, then it crashes.

similar problem to VeteranLurker here.

ending turn from a loaded save will crash every time.

Dale! First of all - thanks! I love WWII so your and your colleagues work is like heaven for me... I appreciate it very much! I wonder though, since I've started a new game, about a few things. The Tigers have the same strength (35) as the medium tanks? But only 2 in movement? The Panzer IV was pretty heavy as it was before, now its awful... I can cope with that, but the Tiger should be stronger. The tech-tree, I've done all the techs I can, the rest are colured with red and out of reach? Why is that? And I can't steal them either? Hope to hear from you soon! /Jakob

Lurker, I downloaded your game to see if I got a different result than you and sure enough, it crashed.

I did however notice something similar in both of our games. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but finland and sweden showed up as little square symbols on the list on my game. I think just finland showed up as a little square symbol on yours.

Not sure if this is part of the problem or not. It's just an observation.

I also get crashes when loading the save file directly. With the attached sav file, end the turn, watch the UK attack some cruisers, then the game crashes. I tried making some extra moves at the end of the turn (which helped avoid one other earlier crash), but I can't seem to avoid this one.

Like the previous post, Ryti of Finland does not show up in the leader points.

Thanks for this wonderful mod!!

The only fundamental problem that this game seems to have, along with other mods, is that the AI seems extremly weak. I think that the most logical approach to this would be to upgrade the AI so that instead of begging for mercy as a result of Massive industry advantage the AI has, I would have to beg for mercy from the innate skill the AI uses while we share the same economic bonuses. case in point: I play france (or china in pacific) I would like to have the no economic penalty with the opposing force, but the AI would operate more like a computer playing Chess than the inherently weak AI used here.

also do you think on your next update there will be a unit to remove a religion from a city?

i felt it weird that in German occupied france all the cities were democratic :)

The only fundamental problem that this game seems to have, along with other mods, is that the AI seems extremly weak. I think that the most logical approach to this would be to upgrade the AI so that instead of begging for mercy as a result of Massive industry advantage the AI has, I would have to beg for mercy from the innate skill the AI uses while we share the same economic bonuses. case in point: I play france (or china in pacific) I would like to have the no economic penalty with the opposing force, but the AI would operate more like a computer playing Chess than the inherently weak AI used here.

Umm..... there is no economic benefit given to the AI. The only thing you could be thinking of is Fascist industry civic. But that's given to Germany/Italy/Japan regardless, even if played by you.

But yes, the entire BtS AI is as weak as piss. It's unfortunately an inherited problem for all Mods because all mods use the BtS AI which is where the weakness comes from.

Hi Dale,

Just wanted to say I enjoy the mod and thanks for the effort you've put into it.

A couple other posters have mentioned the panzer IV 35 str 3 mov vs Tiger 35 str 2 mov thing. I did some peeking in the world builder and Germany's tank strengths are 30/35/35 (the highest starting point) and the only one close is the Republic and People's Republic of China which is 25/30/35. Also I noticed "modern armour" is 35 str as well, so it made me wonder if it might be off some how.

One other question I have regards the inability I have experienced to upgrade armoured units to later models: I can't upgrade old tanks, although I haven't had problems upgrading other land, air or sea units. Was this an intentional thing to allow us flexibility in producing armoured units or an oversight? The reason I ask is I remember seeing some discussion in other forums/threads about producing lighter tanks to get more mobility/better breakthroughs instead of always using the latest and heaviest.

That's exactly right. I took away the ability to upgrade tanks. A lot of people requested being able to produce older tanks.

The older parts of the mod (ie: the parts that originally shipped with BtS) were translated by Firaxis, but since then any new text is only in English. I invite anyone to do local translations. I will include them. :)

I still cant play this mod. I quess its just too big for my computer. Allways freezes when loading scenario. Too bad that i cant play the first version which came with bts ether now :S of course i could uninstall the game with patches and then re-install..

Yes, 3.13... And I am not loading an old game, it is a game started in the new AOP.

Civ Version: 313
Save Version: 301
Build Version: 3.0.0.1 (81539)
Build Date: Fri. Sep 21 14:16:18 2007
Build: FINAL RELEASE

3.13 here also... I even played an entire american campaign without many hiccups (think there was one period I did crash, but managed to get around it somehow). My problems began when I started playing as Germany.

Top Bottom