1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RtW Scenario: 1936 World War!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by Dale, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Laurier

Laurier Prime Minister

What's next, torturing captured workers for information or executing them?

Maybe a random event of workers liberating their camp, with probability based on number of inmates.

Other countries, angry over treatment of POW, get 10% attack bonus?

2. Peter1501

Peter1501 Chieftain

very cool! Can´t wait to play ww2 on a world map!

3. chucknra

chucknra Chieftain

Dale,
    Any idea when the next BTS patch will be out so we can get GA?

4. WICKLC1

WICKLC1 Chieftain

Phillipines was a U.S. territory at the time. Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa should be vassals of Britain because of the British Commonwealth. It would also be nice if Europe was a little more split up; even if some of the smaller countries are only one city. Also, Germany annexed Austria in 1938 I think. You should just make it part of Germany.

5. krokodil

krokodil Chieftain

indeed why we need austria, it was annexed before ww2 instead we could have 1 more bigger civilization

6. Dale

Dale Chieftain

You are SOOOOOOO completely wrong. Philippines was progressing through a 10 year transition from US territory to fully independant between 1935-1946. At this time it was the Commonwealth of Philippines. Self-governing and everything. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_the_Philippines

Not going to happen. Not just because I'm an Aussie, but also because not one of those nations was a vassal of GB. The King of England (King George at that time) also held the titles King of Canada, King of Australia, King of New Zealand and King of South Africa (among other titles). We were separate countries with the same royal family.

So why not scrap Czechoslovakia? Or Albania? Or Poland since they were minor during the war. Or why not France too, just give it to Germany since France only held for a month after invasion.

Austria is staying in. It was a very important component of the reason for WWII.

7. kbrennan7654

kbrennan7654 Chieftain

yea i wondering the same thing, any ideas dale?

8. kbrennan7654

kbrennan7654 Chieftain

and also i had no idea phillipines was its own country :confused:

and look at me thinking they only became a country after WW2 when the US recaptured the islands

9. rhinoman

rhinoman Chieftain

Actually when the Japanese invaded the nationalists and communists declared a cease fire to fight the Japanese. Perhaps they could start off at war but the instant the Japanese invade one of them in this game there at peace. However they don't both have to declare war or get any "our mutual struggle bring us together as they both still hated each other and from the history books I read Mao only officially was at war with the Japanese and never even attempted to launch any offensives against the Japanese leaving the nationalists to do all the work while he spread Maoist communist propaganda all over china .

10. ElHakim

ElHakim Chieftain

How do I download the map?

11. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder