Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by Dale, Jul 11, 2007.
Groovy, as long as you have a plan I'm happy
I was a bit dissapointed on the europe leader letterheads, one was napoleon with a big black mustach on him,I think findland? is there any plan to change these, Into actual letterheads of the leaders?
Leader heads are the most difficult art element to create for Civ4. GS did a fantastic job on them.
If you wish to help him out, let him know. With the new nation list for add-on pack 1 there's going to be about 15 new leaders to make.
my main issue, was that all, and i mean all of the leaders were wearing a "sorta military" uniform, or a suit. this is from archival photos i looked at for each leader. Unfortuanately i have not the l33t 3d skills firaxians have, to be make shader 2.0, fully animated, uber models i wish i did, but i have a long way to go.
if some of the leaders look simple, well, they are. there is like 30 leaders in the scenario, and some countries needed more man hours, while others where made more simply.
i hope you did notice that the backrounds are regionally (i hope) authentic
Dale, nice job with ur hard work, i have a question with 1936 world map - which patch will it be playable and when it's beta releases. Just waiting impatiently... Im sure many of us would like to know
also another question, is it possible to make turns till september 1939 monthly (1 turn - 1 month) and after ww2 starts weekly (1 turn-1 week), this way world map would be very fun to play. Ofcourse I understand lots work to make it happen to change all events but its just idea if it can be done?
China should definetly be split into Communist China and Nationalists China and should start at war with each other
You never see them, and they were there. As much as I might hate it, it is history and must be respected as such.
Two problems with the KMT-CCP war is that they both made peace after Japan occupied Manchuria (before the start of RtW) to provide a united face against the Japanese army.
The agreement was to maintain peace till the Japanese were dealt with, and both sides did this. War didn't continue till after the Japanese were defeated.
This in itself presents the other problem. RtW ends when Japan is defeated.
I think all the nations had a main role in the war....I think you have already been posted with a good list
I am playing with RTW patch one, with Hitler. It is good, but:
1 Why all german cities start with the same value 4? I think cities like Berlin should have a more important role.
2 Don't you think stealth corsar ships could have a role in interrupting convoys and stop commercial routes
3 It would be possible to give nations the possibility to pay for create partisans in other nations?
Thanks and compliments
Dale, may Australia and New Zeland be 1 country and called just Australia. It will free space for 1 more civilization in the world map. Since Europe been minimized can Germany be still powerfull enough to handle all its ocupations?
Isnt it better to have world map 1938 scenario instead 1936. in 1938 austria could be germany too and free another civilization. Plus ww2 starts in 1939 21 month is enough for preparations i think.
I am playing with RTW patch 1, with Germany. It seems good but:
1 The end of turn is very slow, I think too slow. Is it possible to make it faster?
2 I think it is not correct to start with all cities of 4
3 Berlin and main cities should have more resources so to grow more
Thanks for your efforts.
I agree with Fanatic Demon, China should be divided in communist- (Mao ?) and nationalist-china (Chiang Kaishek), since it was quiet an important part of the war in Asia and has still consequences today.
I think also that Red Door has a good point when asking to unite Austria & Germany and Ireland & GB. It is historically not correct, but it will make a more realistic Gameplay I guess.
I am playing the add-on pack 1, here are my comments :
- the tank buster doesn't seem to me very useful in his actual configuration. It is less strong than a medium tank (even with anti-tank bonus) and of no use against other units - it should perhaps have a higher bonus against tanks (100% or even higher ?). During the war, especially some russian tank busters such as SU-152 gave a real hard live to the german tanks, so it doesn't seem exaggerated having a strong tank buster - it can cost as much as a heavy tank.
- medium tanks costs exactly the same as light tanks - there should be a difference
- where are all the food resources ? Having no wheat, rice, banana etc. gives heavy health problems and cities cannot grow. Especially since some cities are quiet close together, a bunch of resources would allow them to develop a bit more. There are no cities above 12 and only with a lack of health - that reduces gameplay in my view (even if I understand that cities shouldn't have several industries in order to be specialized)
- Paratroopers cannot jump from Forts or cities, except having an airport, but then we come back to the health problem. I think in BTS Paratroopers can jump from each city or fortress, that would be good in RTW too.
- Think about adding motorized / mechanized infantry. It must not be stronger than normal infantry, just faster. This type of unit was quite an important aspect of the "Blitzkrieg" during the first years of war. Panzers weren't that abundant...
Well, it is always easy to critisize. Thank you very much for this mod, I love playing the scenarios and am thankful that it exists for Civ4. Hopefully, one or two of my comments may help improving your work.
It makes more sense for Austria to be added to the Europe scenario as it's going to be bigger there and open opportunities for earlier events prior to the start of ww2.
Maybe the civs can be molded into Axis and Allies civs? It's just that Italy looks like it will most likely play a larger role in the war than Germany most of the time, and that doesn't make a lot of sense.
Is that really big enough for the whole planet? Seems like some of the old Earth maps for Civ3 were like 250 x 250 tiles ??
Yea much as i hate to say it NZ just isnt influential enough to warrant its own civ (especially under the ai).
And also do you have plans for making a huge!!! map for WW2?
can anybody help me to find worlbuilder for custome scenario creation? i wanna see if i can do some changes in 1936 map
CTRL-W whilst in-game.
Separate names with a comma.